Coming Out On Top [+18, BXB, Dating, Comedy]-Censored?

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Moon20
Regular

Re: Coming Out On Top [+18, BXB, Dating, Comedy] updated 12/

#46 Post by Moon20 »

Oh okay, I'm really looking forward to this game very much, this game look very intressing out and its one more yaoi game for me to play.
Good luck finish this game and I'm support you guys to finish this game.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

Re: Coming Out On Top [+18, BXB, Dating, Comedy]-Censored?

#47 Post by Obscura »

Hi, I'm trying to gauge how many people would be interested in a censored version of Coming Out On Top! (I've updated the front page of this thread as well.)

Though I'll eventually release a censored version that skips the H scenes, I'm wondering if there's enough interest in a version that would replace those scenes entirely with just cute/silly scenes of the characters doing random non-sexual things together.

For those of you who don't know:

Coming Out on Top follows college student Mark Matthews as he busts out of the closet and engages in all manner of adventure, all the while meeting a multitude of hot guys. Whether he does the right thing, wrong thing, stupid thing, or funny thing is up to you. Beard and body hair options available for all the guys. Currently, you must be 18 and over to purchase/play the game.

Since its release date of December 10th, 2014 it's been featured on Killscreen Daily, Rock Paper Shotgun, Gaygamer and Giant Bomb. The game's been praised for its writing and humor (and a now somewhat notorious easter egg path), and I'm just wondering if this would hold any interest for people as a PG-13 type game (albeit with swear words and references to drug and alcohol use.)

Last edited by Obscura on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#48 Post by jack_norton »

You should ask yourself: "do I want to get on Steam too"?
Because with the current version I believe you won't. And it would be a pity... :wink:
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#49 Post by KashyaCharsi »

You could make even the explicit scenes toggleable, or something. Not like I mind them, you have managed to make even the kinkiest ones romantic <3
My favorite route was Ian's. I love secretly pining best friends <3 It was just a little unclear whether it was lust or love on his part.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#50 Post by Obscura »

Thanks guys...ahahaha I have some issues with Steam and the kind of adult content they allow, if you've seen me tweet about it. :D

Anyway, something to mull over.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website