Happy New Year! Tell us about your upcoming 2015 Projects!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
ameliori
Veteran
Completed: Who is Mike?, Cupid
Projects: The Black Beast [Fairytale]
Organization: FERVENT
Tumblr: ameliori
itch: fervent

Happy New Year! Tell us about your upcoming 2015 Projects!

#1 Post by ameliori »

Happy new year VN creators! How did you fare well this last year? Were you able to reach your goals? What projects are still currently running? And most importantly, what are you plans for the coming year? Do you have a list of projects in your head? Get us excited! We'd love to hear them! Banzai!
ameliori
TwitterPatreon

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

Re: Happy New Year! Tell us about your upcoming 2015 Project

#2 Post by Hijiri »

I have three in the pipeline: two full projects and one patch. The patch is an update to Death Rule: lost code while the two projects are Amity: Endless Dream and Aeternam Conquest: Judgment.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

RotGtIE
Veteran

#3 Post by RotGtIE »

I got three on the drawing board; one cyberpunk action thriller, one paranormal activity mystery, and a slice-of-life involving robots. But they're on the backburner while I push out the first draft of a low-magic fantasy drama I've had in the works. About a third of the way through that, by my estimate. Once I finish it, I'll try my hand at putting a development team together with the power of friendship money, and start scripting out one of the others while that gets underway.

Jackkel Dragon
Veteran
Organization: Nightshade, Team Despair
itch: jackkel-dragon

#4 Post by Jackkel Dragon »

I'm hoping that sometime this year I'll be able to officially announce and maybe release a demo for my upcoming original visual novel, which started as a fluffy romance game before mutating into a romance/horror hybrid. I also am still working on my Corpse Party fangames, so I hope I can make some good progress with those this year (and hopefully finish the one that's 95% done before it hits the 2-year development mark.)
Main Website
Includes information about and links to many of my current and past projects.

Major Game Projects
[Nightshade] Eldritch Academy, Eldritch University, Blooming Nightshade, Flowering Nightshade, Life as Designed
[Team Despair] Corpse Party D2 series

VAPMichaelaLaws
Regular
Completed: Check Signature!
Projects: Check Signature!
Organization: Seraphim Entertainment
Tumblr: thebunnyofevil

#5 Post by VAPMichaelaLaws »

Happy New Year!

I got Seduce Me coming out on V-Day, then I got some remakes to do for my 24 hour VN, My Lady, and my NaNoReno 2013 otome, My Teacher.

After those, I got a drama mystery VN, Genius Insanity, and possibly another VN, depending on money situations and what not.

In the dark shadows of my secret private alone-time cave, I'm slowing channeling the inner Ryukishi07 into a series that I might completely 100% self-produce. Might not be out for a long while, but it's a break from these other projects lol.
Voice Actress | Singer | Writer | Producer | Director
http://www.michaelaamandalaws.com/
--------
Completed Projects: My Teacher (NaNoReno2013), Pizz'Amore, My Lady, Our School Love (Otome Audio CD), Our Honeymoon (Otome Audio CD), Seduce Me, Maid With Perfection (NaNoReno2015), Blind Love (ILUjam 2015), Love And Romance: A Study Of Intimacy, Seduce Me 2: The Demon War, Remember, Remember
Projects Still In Production: All For You

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

#6 Post by truefaiterman »

- A pretty big visual novel with Shoji Amasawa (the "sequel" to EVOLVEd, you could say) as an artist.

- My own... special project. A certain parody in which I will paint AND write (this time in English, which is already giving me a few headaches xDU)

- My ANIMU fantasy novel (this one in Spanish), which is already 90k words and still needs like DOUBLE the size.

Good luck to everyone else's projects, and have a happy new year!
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

baabaa

#7 Post by baabaa »

Happy New Year!!

Well, I plan on working on a dystopian future, clone otome VN this year. I hope to develop a team and be able to turn an idea into reality. As well as that, I want to work on some smaller, shorter VNs and familiarise myself with Ren'py.
☆ the co-director & writer for blood calls (wip). ☆

fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

#8 Post by fioricca »

:D I love this thread! A wonderful New Years to everyone and here's to a smashing, productive year ahead!

I feel like I hardly did anything last year, but this year I hope to pick Dolls back up and participate in the upcoming NaNoWinter and NaNo10th this March. I really hope I'll be able to get Dolls+ out since it's long overdue!

ketskari
Veteran
Completed: Asher, Sunrise, Tell a Demon
Projects: Asher Remake, TEoA
Organization: Sun Labyrinth
Tumblr: sunlabyrinth
Deviantart: sunlabyrinth
itch: sunlabyrinth

#9 Post by ketskari »

Happy New Year! :)

I'm finishing up Tell a Demon, then I'll get straight into a third story set in the same world.

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#10 Post by Shinoki »

Happy New Year!
I'm going through a bunch of ideas and I think I'm going to do a battle royale-feeling conquest game with sci-fi and fantasy. I hope I can actually get somewhere on it since I have a bad habit of piling more and more onto myself without thinking.

Baru
Regular

#11 Post by Baru »

Happy New Year, everyone. :)

2015 should be a big year for us! ('us' being our tiny group called 'Akimi Ero Works')
We're hoping to give the Adult Section here a fair bit of love! ^^
Our first big title, Manor of Amnesia (NSFW) should be ready either late this month, or next month sometime. So I hope people are excited for that!

We do have an idea for another erotic game which we'll likely start working on soon after Manor of Amnesia is done! This will likely be done late in the year, so we'll see how it goes!

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful 2015, take care. ^^

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#12 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Oooh, I like this thread.

I'm working out the outline for my next VN. Been having trouble settling on an idea, but this current outline is much further along than any of the others I started. Hopefully I'll have something to work with soon and can start the actual writing.

Good luck everyone with your projects in 2015. Progress... onwards...

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#13 Post by trooper6 »

Things I did in 2014:
I did a bunch of work on my VN, A Close Shave. All the writing is done and coded (though I have to finish testing the endings...there are 58 minor ending variations to check, which might result in minor rewrites). And very exciting for me, I did a huge update on my Clock code recently which will be an important part of the game. So that is really fun. Sadly, for a game that is quite small and should be done already, the game isn't done. Mainly because I've been working on my academic writing--because I have to turn in my tenure packet this coming summer.

On that front, this year I also finished up the Revise & Resubmit for my major article that positions me strongly in one of my areas of specialization, I also wrote and submitted another big article I was asked to write and did initial revisions on that as well; and I wrote a very large Chapter 1 of my book--and I gave two invited lectures and a paper presentation at a national conference.

On my plate for 2015:
First and foremost, I have to get Ch 1, 3, & 4 of my book revised in the next few weeks and my book proposal written and all that sent off to my publisher. Really I should get that all done before the semester starts January 14...I don't know if that is realistic, but I have to do it so I can get a book contract before my tenure packet goes in in June.
Next, I have to get my tenure book manuscript finished by May 1st.
These two things are my top, top priority. Without the manuscript finished and the book contract I will not get tenure and then I will be fired. So. That is number 1 before my VN project.
Also, in order to get my tenure case in a good space I need to:
-finish quick edits on two articles that should be coming out soon.
-finish revising three articles I have on the back burner and submit them to journals...preferably 2 out of 3 of them before my June 15 tenure deadline.
-Write a new article on appropriation in the late summer.

All of that done? FINISH A Close Shave. This will involve, primarily, commissioning art--which won't be as easy as it sounds because I am looking for an artist who a) is willing to do layers so I can live composite, and b) who can draw in a non-anime style. After the art, I have to do the coding for that and do the music and sound design...then all the final polish. I would love to be able to work on it after I turn in my tenure packet in June and get it finished by the end of this year.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#14 Post by Godline »

If Anne and Katta are willing, we might do a nanoreno together.

Other than that, there's Kaitlyn in Chinaland, a secret project with Katta (which we might be able to put up a WIP for once we've got that art thing sorted out, since the artist we had bailed) and another secret project that's on the backburner.

I also might do a birthday project for my mom (converting one of her stories to VN form), and I'm doing a present for someone else too that's almost done.

And that's it! :)

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#15 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I've begun writing the first draft of my very-far-in-the-future project. That's all I can really say right now. I don't expect to make rapid progress since I've never made a visual novel before, but I'm really hoping that 2015 will be a better year for me than 2014 was, and that I can create something that people will enjoy.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain