Perfection (BxG, College, Young Adult Life)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

Perfection (BxG, College, Young Adult Life)

#1 Post by ZennyZenZen »

What's new: ( 11/2/15 )
-Added new Eve Sprite
-Added a little bit of Eve's story
-Added a spoiler scene for Kat's story
-Added a spoiler scene for Kitty's story
DEMO/BETA FORUM

About the game:
Zen wakes up, hungover and confused, beside a girl with messy hair, Kat, in an apartment they have no idea how they got there. While trying to remember the events of last night, Kat decides that it’s best that they don’t remember, since she’s enjoying spending time with Zen at the moment. Being an analytical and observant person, this is difficult for Zen, but he tries his best not to remember too much for Kat’s sake.

Zen continues his life in college, choosing to get in shape, pursue music, or relax and enjoy life.

DEMO/BETA FORUM

From the Author:
Hey, I'm new here on lemmasoft. And I started this VN to keep myself busy, do something productive, and maybe even entertain a demographic. I still have a lot to learn, and I want to make more and other VN's. But Perfection Project will be my main VN project.

Characters:

Zen:
The protagonist. Zen is a hopeless romantic who dreams of the day he would meet the perfect girl. He tries to find opportunities to work before graduating.

Chris:
Zen's Best Friend. An ultra-social and extroverted playboy who values the happiness of others.

Kat (Kathy):
Kat is an odd girl and a free spirit. She enjoys staying inside; browsing the internet for whatever is interesting, and listening to music. She can be quite moody, changing her attitudes in an eye blink. She grew up with a few friends and she was considered to be very attractive much to her dismay. Not wanting to disappoint anyone, she dated a lot of her suitors, but didn’t feel attached to any of them, which eventually led to the fall of the relationships.

Eve (Evelyn)
Eve is a quiet girl who keeps to herself most of the time. Even to her band members who she always plays with, her life remains a mystery to everyone. Because of this, members eventually lose interest in playing since there isn’t much social aspect to the band. Her musical talent is extraordinary, and her song composition is poetically amazing. She can play all instruments and has a lovely voice. But she is known for only being able to smile when she is playing music.

Kitty (Katie)
Kitty is a passionate girl. She’s a European foreigner, and she has a passion for fighting. She grew up learning boxing with her dad, something that she enjoyed, but because of this, she didn’t get along with the other kids as a child. But as long as she could fight, she was happy. Although she has a lean and thin appearance, she has incredible strength and takes pride in her knockout power, something extremely rare for women.

Holly:
Super laidback stoner girl who just wants to peacefully have fun.
What I need:
-Testers.
-Some general feedback on the story and any suggestions or help you could give.
-I need pictures of the Red Corner and the Blue Corner of the Octagon.
-Photoshoppers. I need a bunch of sponsor names either blurred out or replaced with witty look-alikes.
Last edited by ZennyZenZen on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:21 am, edited 29 times in total.

ZennyZenZen
Regular

update 1/14/15

#2 Post by ZennyZenZen »

Update 1/14/15

What's New:
-Added Eve

ZennyZenZen
Regular

update 1/15/15

#3 Post by ZennyZenZen »

Update 1/15/15

What's New:
-Alpha/Demo Release (5 minutes of gameplay)
https://github.com/ZenNaari/Perfection- ... e/v0.0.zip

Noire
Regular
Projects: Mirage Noir

Re: Perfection (BxG, Romance, Comedy, College, Young Adult L

#4 Post by Noire »

Nice, interesting character designs and hairstyles :)

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

#5 Post by YossarianIII »

There's a slight element of mystery to the beginning that I liked. And the sight gag with the two beds was my favorite part.

I did find it a little odd that the point of view shifted midway through--when it starts, it seems like it's going to be 1st person from Zen's perspective, then he totally leaves the scene, and the story is suddenly following Kat at the computer. Nothing wrong with an omniscient POV, but whatever you choose, I'd keep it consistent

Also, you might want to specify in your original post whether or not there are choices or other "gameplay" elements in the story, especially since there are none in the demo. Are there lots of endings or only one?

Whether you intended it or not, I feel like Scott Pilgrim is a big reference point here. There's the hopeless romantic hero, the girls playing music, and maybe even a bit of Eve's character design:
http://ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... _cover.jpg

As you note, this is a short demo, so take all this with a grain of salt. I'll be interested to see what directions you go in...

ZennyZenZen
Regular

#6 Post by ZennyZenZen »

Also, you might want to specify in your original post whether or not there are choices or other "gameplay" elements in the story, especially since there are none in the demo. Are there lots of endings or only one?
I was trying to make choices in the demo, but then I decided that it was a lot of work and it basically doubles my load. Boring as this may sound, there's going to be a long long story arc where you don't make choices. You meet everyone, you go through a story with each heroine, then at the very middle of the novel, you decide which heroine you want to play through. And as you play through the individual story, that's when choices will appear often and depending on your choices, you get either a good or bad ending, maybe even a neutral ending.

^ I might change my mind though. So nothing is set in stone. I might come up with a good idea for a choice in the middle of making the first half of the story.

I personally have a thing for boyish cool girls. Yes I am a fan of Ramona Flowers, and Eve may be indirectly inspired by her, but it wasn't my intention. I use Artificial Academy 2 as a character designer, and this is how they looked

Eve, Kitty, Holly

and Kat at the bottom. Her name was supposed to be Cat for Cathy, and in my webcomics her name is Champagne.

There's going to be another girl with orange hair, I already designed her using AA2 but I didn't draw her out yet.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
Last edited by ZennyZenZen on Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZennyZenZen
Regular

Re: Perfection (BxG, College, Young Adult Life) (Weekly upda

#7 Post by ZennyZenZen »

This week's update is an art update. So there's not much story to upload and enjoy.

Image Image Image

ZennyZenZen
Regular

Re: Perfection (BxG, College, Young Adult Life)

#8 Post by ZennyZenZen »

What's new: ( 4/1/15 )
-Added more gameplay, main storyline night 1
-Added option to skip to sneak peek of Chapter 3 of Kat's Route

ZennyZenZen
Regular

#9 Post by ZennyZenZen »

What's new: ( 4/28/15 )
-Art Update
-UI Update
-Description Update
Image Image Image Image

ZennyZenZen
Regular

#10 Post by ZennyZenZen »

The game's not updated but I picked it back up and continued writing some key scenes.

ZennyZenZen
Regular

#11 Post by ZennyZenZen »

What's new: ( 11/2/15 )
-Added new Eve Sprite
( I was told that the original Eve sprite was a little disproportionate so my artist couldn't work on it too well, so I decided to make a new one )

-Added a little bit of Eve's story
( Nothing special, just a few minutes of introduction into eve's story )

-Added a spoiler scene for Kat's story
( Added a scene that happens after Kat moves in with you )

-Added a spoiler scene for Kitty's story
( Added the ending scene for Kitty's route that segues into her main story )

After 7 months of doing... well... absolutely nothing, I thought this project deserves to be picked back up again.