It Followed Us Home [Horror][Drama][Survival][Cool][Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
zendavis
Regular

It Followed Us Home [Horror][Drama][Survival][Cool][Romance]

#1 Post by zendavis »

SYNOPSIS: After visiting the grave of her grandmother on the anniversary of her death, a young girl and her friends are followed home by a Wraith that aims to feast on their souls. Rally your friends to survive through the night or find yourselves rotting in the belly of the beast. It's going to be a long night.

GENRE: Otome. Horror. Survival. Romance. Retro. 80's.

CHARACTERS

GAME STATUS
Hi guys! So we decided that we should start posting more updates in regards to the progress of the project so you have a better idea of what's going on with It Followed Us Home. We've gotten 75% of the environments and CG sketched so far and 85% of the character designs completed. The CG shots still need to be colored and we need to complete a majority of the expressions for the characters in the VN.

Our plan for the demo is to introduce seven of our main characters, establish the tone of the story, establish our affinity system which tracks and displays the relationship between all the teenagers in the neighborhood of Berkley Heights, and lay down all the different routes that the story can unfold in. This is going to be a pretty complex project as the relationships, survival of characters, and the endings must all be carefully juggled. We're confident thought that we're doing a good job and we'll be presenting our work to select members of the Lemmasoft community to help make us sure that we're getting it right.
GAME FEATURES

- 5 Possible Boyfriends
- 16 endings (These will correspond to who lives, dies, how you go about surviving the night, and the boyfriend you end up with.)
- 50+ CGs
- Affinity System that Tracks The Relationships of Everyone In the Game

GAME PROGRESS

- Story Script : 50% (Must Redo everything. Originally wrote the script from a second-person perspective. Feedback from the community suggested to making it first-person so I've started over.)
- Characters : 65% (Character designs are complete. Only need to create their expressions.)
- Songs & Sound Effects : 0% (Creating a temp mood soundtrack to present to potential composers to show the kind of moods we want to achieve in each section. Will probably also be reaching out to bands on Bandcamp to get permission to use their music as well.)
- CGs : 50% (Everything is sketched. Just need to see it colored.)
- Background : (80%. Only need to tweak the shadows, highlights, and post processing.)
- Programming : 90% (Only thing left to be done is the Affinity System.)
- GUI : 0%? (Concentrating on getting everything else done first.)
(Additional information forthcoming!)
Writer: Zen Davis (https://twitter.com/ZenDavis) (http://zendavis.com)
Environment Art: Krystle Yeon (http://kylayeoh.tumblr.com)
Character Art: Liah Santos (http://ju-liah.deviantart.com)
Last edited by zendavis on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 43 times in total.

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

Re: It Followed Us Home [Horror][Drama][Survival][Cool]

#2 Post by Godline »

I'd hope there's additional info forthcoming - because there really isn't much info here! Haha! ;)

You mean beast, not beats right?

Shaples
Regular
Completed: Christmas Sweaters
Projects: White Lie, Tropichu!

#3 Post by Shaples »

I'll be keeping an eye on this :D

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#4 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Hey . . . just dropping by. (Check your private messages!)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

zendavis
Regular

#5 Post by zendavis »

Updated with first piece of promotion for the project. More artwork and information to be added on a near daily basis!

zendavis
Regular

#6 Post by zendavis »

Updated with second character teaser and contact information. Please follow us on Twitter and check out our additional work for a glimpse at what each of us is capable of!

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

#7 Post by Katy133 »

I like the design of the title. Is the story set in the 80s/90s?
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!

zendavis
Regular

Re: It Followed Us Home [Horror][Drama][Survival][Cool][Roma

#8 Post by zendavis »

Here's the third character teaser!
Katy133 wrote:I like the design of the title. Is the story set in the 80s/90s?
The VN is set in the modern day.

Our art design is heavily inspired by films like Suspiria, The Guest, and Drive. Can't wait to be able to show you guys more!

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

#9 Post by YossarianIII »

Hmm... I am intrigued. A horror survival romance in the visual style of Drive? Count me in.

While not a VN, one of my favorite interactive stories of all time is Telltale Games' Walking Dead video game series. Horror really lends itself well to the interactive format, so I'm always excited to see new projects

zendavis
Regular

#10 Post by zendavis »

Here's the fourth character teaser!
YossarianIII wrote:Hmm... I am intrigued. A horror survival romance in the visual style of Drive? Count me in.

While not a VN, one of my favorite interactive stories of all time is Telltale Games' Walking Dead video game series. Horror really lends itself well to the interactive format, so I'm always excited to see new projects
Thanks for your interest YossarianIII!

zendavis
Regular

#11 Post by zendavis »

And our final character teaser has been uploaded!

Check back tomorrow as we begin unveiling our characters and profiles! We've worked on these a long, long time and are SO excited to share these with you!

First character from IT FOLLOWED US HOME will be posted tomorrow at 1PM EST! :)

See you on a dark night,
Zen

zendavis
Regular

#12 Post by zendavis »

Hey guys! We'd like to introduce you to the lovely and eccentric Samantha Kurosawa!

First of all thank you for your patience and support! If you have any thoughts about her design, like her hair clip, her bandanna, or anything else you may like about her, please be sure you to leave a comment and let us know. And if you have any suggestions about how to improve her design please be sure to post and let us know as well. We'll do our best to make her even more awesome!

Check back tomorrow at 1PM EST for Samantha's character profile to be added so you can learn more about her!

CSV
Regular
Tumblr: csvidaldraws
Deviantart: csvidal
itch: csvidal

#13 Post by CSV »

Survival horror AND romance!? I'm there!
Ah, just kidding. :lol: But I'll be waiting for the following updates. I really love the title; it's so simple yet haunting at the same time. I would like to ask if this a free-to-play or a commercial release, though?
☆☆☆
(portfolio)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Shaples
Regular
Completed: Christmas Sweaters
Projects: White Lie, Tropichu!

#14 Post by Shaples »

I love the new art - Samantha's sprite is gorgeous. Since you mentioned it, the hair clip is a little weird (it looks like it's just clipped to her hair rather than actually holding her hair back/in place), but I'm not sure I would have had the thought if you hadn't said anything. Love the bandana and the rest of the outfit though :D

zendavis
Regular

#15 Post by zendavis »

Thank you so much for the kind words! I've updated the OP with a little more information on Sam! Check it out!

This will also be the promo art we end up using on our Kickstarter to help introduce the characters so please offer whatever feedback you guys have to help us improve. Nothing is final so if you or anyone else wants to give us feedback on either the placement of the graphic elements, or the profile itself, or even if the font we've used is hard to read, everything is up to be fine tuned.
CSV wrote:Survival horror AND romance!? I'm there!
Ah, just kidding. :lol: But I'll be waiting for the following updates. I really love the title; it's so simple yet haunting at the same time. I would like to ask if this a free-to-play or a commercial release, though?
Thanks for the interest! We're pretty crazy about it too. :D

I think this is going to be something really special when it comes together. The plan is to release this as a commercial release. We're working on the demo right now and when that's completed we'll be running a Kickstarter to get the whole thing funded. I hope you'll be there to support us and get the word out about the project.
Shaples wrote:I love the new art - Samantha's sprite is gorgeous. Since you mentioned it, the hair clip is a little weird (it looks like it's just clipped to her hair rather than actually holding her hair back/in place), but I'm not sure I would have had the thought if you hadn't said anything. Love the bandana and the rest of the outfit though :D
Thanks Shaples. It really means a lot hearing that from you. Especially when you were giving guidance and feedback on the script right from the start. Thank you so much. We'll definitely rework the hair clip.

--------------

Before I forget, check back tomorrow at 1PM EST tomorrow when we introduce Sam's boyfriend Corey! I'm really curious as to what you guys will think about him so don't hesitate to leave your thoughts!