Cami Tamagotchi

For the rest of your otaku life.
LiX
Regular

Cami Tamagotchi

#1 Post by LiX »

Hey, I have released the Cami Tamagotchi I was talking about in some other post on this forum.

You can download it from the offlicial Cami website:
http://www.tejika.com/cami

(I have future plans to make a 3D Tamagotchi using Open GL sometime after christmas.)

LiX
Regular

#2 Post by LiX »

Cami Tamagotchi V2 comming soon, its going to be more graphical and the command face GUI will be removed.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#3 Post by mikey »

Very nice (I don't know about the rape command, though...) a face or the like would really give it some anime feel.

LiX
Regular

#4 Post by LiX »

Lol yeah I was a bit disturbed adding that function but I had lots of people begging for it :? so I gave in and added it. :P

This is going to be the 3D one.

LiX
Regular

#5 Post by LiX »

Cami Tamagotchi V2 released!! Its so awsome! Check it out!

http://www.tejika.com/cami

I worked really hard on this. What do you think?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by mikey »

Well, it crashes on my Win98, I'll take it home try it on XP.

BlackSpider
Regular

#7 Post by BlackSpider »

As for me, sometimes it run ok, sometimes it crashes on my Win 98SE system. Besides it gives some weird stats after I experiment a little with commands (eg weight -69, age 0, etc). Speak option doesn't work for me either. Anyway I must say I like the idea. What more, face expressions are quite good too. One more point though, I don't really think the rape command is adequate for such a game. Some unexperienced teenager might actually think it's the way to go with a girl ;), but uhh perhaps it's just me... and others might like not being restriced to good commands only...

LiX
Regular

#8 Post by LiX »

Ah, I havent tested it on windows 98 yet.

If you could explain what happens and when exactly the bug occurs thats would be great, thanks.

Also, about the "rape" function yes, it could mislead a few young unexperianced teenagers but these kind of things are ment for 18+ so its not my responsibility if underage person or persons download and use this.

I havent mentioned an age rating anywhere but I probebly will do in the future, anyway the rape function was of high demand. :P

BlackSpider
Regular

#9 Post by BlackSpider »

It might be that bugs (weird stats) I mentioned earlier only occur on Win98, dunno really... It looks like after the surgery command her weight drops to -69 or -68. As to her age the program starts with 0 anyway so it's not that much of a bug (guess it was intended to start at 0). Keep up the good work.

LiX
Regular

#10 Post by LiX »

Some of the stats I let go to - because of logical reasons, for example -20 happy would mean she's really unhappy. I must have overlooked the weight.

I will get an update released sometime (I'm a little busy lately though).

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by mikey »

LiX wrote:Also, about the "rape" function yes, it could mislead a few young unexperianced teenagers but these kind of things are ment for 18+ so its not my responsibility if underage person or persons download and use this.
I havent mentioned an age rating anywhere but I probebly will do in the future, anyway the rape function was of high demand. :P
I still don't know, I think the rape function would mostly be requested by those under 18 :wink: :D Alright, alright, let's not play the moral police here...

It's a real improvement though, and the only thing that did not work was when I covered the window with another program and restored it again, I would have to go over it with my mouse kind of like when Win is low on memory and you have to find your icons with the mouse. But it's not really a bug I guess.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by musical74 »

I use Win98SE and I had no problems running it :)

Just wondering how long something of that nature takes...it LOOKS easy to do but I'm willing to bet its fairly hard in actuality
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

RedSlash
Veteran

#13 Post by RedSlash »

In v2, I got an infinite loop on the console after clicking "Drink" saying something on the lines of:
Cannot load c:\WINNT\Cami1.dll
I can't reproduce the bug, but it happened.

LiX
Regular

#14 Post by LiX »

yeah, I really kind of messed up the entire code for selection clicking, it worked fine for me so I didn't bother trying to un-mess the mess I had created. Again I will probably try and fix that, but its such a mess at the moment it would hake a good hour or two. :P

(maby a week or two after xmas)