Purrfectly Ever After [Otome | Commercial | Kickstarter]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Message
Author
User avatar
Fujihime
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:52 am
Projects: Purrfectly Ever After
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter
Location: PJ
Contact:

Purrfectly Ever After [Otome | Commercial | Kickstarter]

#1 Post by Fujihime » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:56 am

Image
The Kickstarter page is finally up!! Please support us!! http://kck.st/1H5IYst
Image

Please follow our progress on tumblr!
Signup for iOS English demo! https://goo.gl/KtQegc
BACKGROUND
Purrfectly Ever After is an original English language visual novel (OELVN) for girls. This dating sim is filled with side-splitting comedy, over-the-top drama, and of course, heart-melting romance. This first game from Weeev aims to bridge the gap between Japanese-centric otome games told in a not-so-Japanese point of view and storyline.

STORY
Purrfectly Ever After focuses on a food-loving burglar cat who gets herself into a series of unfortunate events which ended up feeling sorry for herself. Luckily for her, she also encounters kind strangers who rescue her along the way. She wished that she could become a human so that she could earn food honestly. Her wish is overheard by a fairy godfather she didn’t even know she had. And so begins her story.

There are 5 romance-able characters that you can start your story from and each of them has 2 branches of ending, Romance and Destiny. If the hidden character milestone is achieved, an additional character route will be added into the game, totalling to 6 characters.

FEATURES
- 5 characters to romance
- 10 possible endings; split into Romance and Destiny endings
- High replay value
- Japanese voice acting
- Available in English and Japanese (日本語)
- Episodic content
- Available for iOS and Android, Windows and Mac if Greenlit
Image
Characters
Image Image Image Image Image Image
About Weeev
As an up-and-coming game developer, Weeev develops games with gasp-worthy plot twists, amazing art, and dozens of sweet moments that provide engaging experiences.
Sample Images
ImageImageImage
In-game graphics of Purrfectly Ever After.

Promo Video for Purrfectly Ever After Kickstarter Campaign
Progress
Story Outline - 100% (ready for demo)
Script - 10% (ready for demo)
Backgrounds - 20% (ready for demo)
Character Design - 100% (ready for demo)
Sprites - 20% (ready for demo)
GUI - 40%
Coding - 20% (ready for demo)

Pledge@Kickstarter: kck.st/1H5IYst
Vote@Steam Greenlight: bit.ly/1fY3VK3
Thunderclap: thndr.it/1GAKg9p
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter.tumblr.com
Twitter: twitter.com/_Weeev_



1. Did the concept and summary intrigue you to play the game?
2. Do you like the art style?
3. Which character description is your favourite?
4. Would you play this game on mobile platform? What is your preferred platform?
5. How much would you pay to play this game? Is USD$3.99 an affordable price for you, for a 10-12 episodes per character route?
6. Any general feedback or encouragement is appreciated =D

Lastly, if you would like to receive an email when the game is ready to be crowd funded, please PM or reply with your email!

Update
20 July 2015 - 1st Stretch Goal Reached! + New Tiers + Greenlight Status here
19 July 2015 - We are 100% funded!!! + Stretch Goals here
18 July 2015 - Campaign Health + New Expressions + Sekai Project here
12 July 2015 - Kickstarter & Steam Update + Interview with Sirius here
28 June 2015 - Vote for us on Steam Greenlight! here
26 June 2015 - Media, Reviews, Twitter here
21 June 2015 - Kickstarter page up! Please support us! here
5 June 2015 - Promo Vid is up! Reviewers needed! here
24 Apr 2015 - Voice over scene with Cassian and Kofuji here
11 Apr 2015 - Kale's character design and roundup of the 5 romance-able boys! here
6 Apr 2015 - 3 new character designs! And the Japanese version of demo script is completed! here
15 Mar 2015 - Sirius is complete! Mock up of a scene is added. More info here
2 Mar 2015 - Final BG for demo is finished. Character design in progress. More info here
12 Feb 2015 - Character designer position has been filled!
9 Feb 2015 - Urgent need for a character designer! Please drop me a PM if interested! More info here
7 Feb 2015 - New background is up! Character Designer has changed. More info here
28 Jan 2015 - Added new character designs WIP
Last edited by Fujihime on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 45 times in total.
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.
Kickstarter | Steam Greenlight | Tumblr

User avatar
underbliss
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:38 pm
Projects: Ebon Light
Tumblr: underbliss
Deviantart: Ahnna
Contact:

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [Fantasy | Romance | Adventure]

#2 Post by underbliss » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:48 am

1. Did the concept and summary intrigue you to play the game? Yes, though honestly I was taken with it by how pretty the art is. After back tracking from that, actually reading, the setting and concept sounds charming, potentially hilarious, adorable. My taste in VN's are pretty much just that; deep and intriguing, or tongue in cheek, cute, but engaging. This certainly seems the latter, at least.
2. Do you like the art style? As above, of course. The backgrounds are utterly glorious from what I can tell and the characters look awesome!
3. Would you play this game on mobile platform? What is your preferred platform? I would, and I would prefer it. Playing visual novels on my phone is the best (ios), and though there have been way more VNs on ios in the past year or so, I'd adore more.
4. Any general feedback or encouragement is appreciated.
Oh, I don't know what to say beyond what I already have. The game sounds adorable, the art is gorgeous, I would be all over that demo like a cat on a mouse. ;)

User avatar
Fujihime
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:52 am
Projects: Purrfectly Ever After
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter
Location: PJ
Contact:

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [Fantasy | Romance | Adventure]

#3 Post by Fujihime » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:05 am

Hi underbliss! Thanks for your feedback! Yes, as you've suspected, the storyline is light hearted, adorable, funny, not very heavy type of game. It's developed for mobile but we want to know if there's any demand for other platforms so we can decide if we want to port it.

I hope you'll like the demo when it's out!
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.
Kickstarter | Steam Greenlight | Tumblr

User avatar
Karamelow
Veteran
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:15 pm
Projects: Fujiwara BitterSweet
Organization: Magic Bench/Karamelow
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [Fantasy | Romance | Adventure]

#4 Post by Karamelow » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:33 pm

1. Did the concept and summary intrigue you to play the game?
>> Yes, the storie looks interesting, but for now my eyes are more attracted by the graphics
2. Do you like the art style?
>> Well... YES!
3. Which character description is your favourite?
>> For now, I don't really know. See after playing ;) But I like Cassian concept (like guys with long hair, teehee ~)
4. Would you play this game on mobile platform? What is your preferred platform?
>> Um, let me see... I think mobile is good. Why not on PSP? It's too difficult?
5. How much would you pay to play this game? Is USD$3.99 an affordable price for you, for a 10-12 episodes per character route?
>> One episode = $3.99? Or 10-12 episodes = $3.99? If it for 10-12 episodes, well yes, it's affordable! Buuut it depends on the context and content of the episodes. I can not really say without having played the demo
6. Any general feedback or encouragement is appreciated =D
>>Can't wait for the demo, the art seems wonderful!
Good luck for the next ^^
Image

User avatar
Fujihime
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:52 am
Projects: Purrfectly Ever After
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter
Location: PJ
Contact:

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [Fantasy | Romance | Adventure]

#5 Post by Fujihime » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:08 am

MelowBee wrote:1. Did the concept and summary intrigue you to play the game?
>> Yes, the storie looks interesting, but for now my eyes are more attracted by the graphics
2. Do you like the art style?
>> Well... YES!
3. Which character description is your favourite?
>> For now, I don't really know. See after playing ;) But I like Cassian concept (like guys with long hair, teehee ~)
4. Would you play this game on mobile platform? What is your preferred platform?
>> Um, let me see... I think mobile is good. Why not on PSP? It's too difficult?
5. How much would you pay to play this game? Is USD$3.99 an affordable price for you, for a 10-12 episodes per character route?
>> One episode = $3.99? Or 10-12 episodes = $3.99? If it for 10-12 episodes, well yes, it's affordable! Buuut it depends on the context and content of the episodes. I can not really say without having played the demo
6. Any general feedback or encouragement is appreciated =D
>>Can't wait for the demo, the art seems wonderful!
Good luck for the next ^^
Thank you MelowBee!
My partner is not too familiar with PSP programming and I think there are some legal rights bound to PSP games that need clearance.
We are not familiar with that platform, that's why we chose mobile.

The content weight will be almost similar to the otome games on mobile currently but we are trying to add more depth to the characters and stories.
We aim to have the demo to represent the prologue of the game so that players will have a taste of the characters involved.

Will update again soon!
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.
Kickstarter | Steam Greenlight | Tumblr

User avatar
Fujihime
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:52 am
Projects: Purrfectly Ever After
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter
Location: PJ
Contact:

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [BxG | Fantasy | Romance | Adventu

#6 Post by Fujihime » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:22 am

Sorry for the late update!
Just had my wedding during the weekends so everything was rushed!

Updated characters with more prominent attire designs.
Kale is up!
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.
Kickstarter | Steam Greenlight | Tumblr

User avatar
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Posts: 4016
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:37 am
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: that magical diary sequel, that vampire-raising game
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames
Contact:

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [BxG | Fantasy | Romance | Adventu

#7 Post by papillon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:04 am

You might want to adjust the topic title - by usual conventions the letter that comes first is the gender of the protagonist, so I clicked on this topic thinking it was going to be a male protagonist romancing female characters. That confusion might be keeping some players out of this topic! :)

User avatar
Fujihime
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:52 am
Projects: Purrfectly Ever After
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter
Location: PJ
Contact:

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [BxG | Fantasy | Romance | Adventu

#8 Post by Fujihime » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:12 am

papillon wrote:You might want to adjust the topic title - by usual conventions the letter that comes first is the gender of the protagonist, so I clicked on this topic thinking it was going to be a male protagonist romancing female characters. That confusion might be keeping some players out of this topic! :)
Ah! Didn't cross my mind, sorry!!
Okies, got it fixed =D
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.
Kickstarter | Steam Greenlight | Tumblr

User avatar
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1005
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:03 pm
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Contact:

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [GxB | Fantasy | Romance | Adventu

#9 Post by Hazel-Bun » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:00 pm

Everything about this is love <3 Especially the retro-futurism aspect. Good luck!

User avatar
ColaCat
Veteran
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 8:31 am
Contact:

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [GxB | Fantasy | Romance | Adventu

#10 Post by ColaCat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:10 pm

This looks great! I can only emphasise all of the comments and praise that has already been said. The backgrounds actually remind me of the type in Voltage games, so shiny!
If you need a proofreader then let me know! I'd be more than happy to help.

One question though, and I apologise if this has already been asked/answered, how much is it going to be sold for?

Really looking forward to seeing this though. ^_^
Image

User avatar
Fujihime
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:52 am
Projects: Purrfectly Ever After
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter
Location: PJ
Contact:

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [GxB | Fantasy | Romance | Adventu

#11 Post by Fujihime » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:55 pm

Hazel-Bun wrote:Everything about this is love <3 Especially the retro-futurism aspect. Good luck!
Thank you Hazel-Bun! We are working hard on this! Hope it'll be successful :)
ColaCat wrote:This looks great! I can only emphasise all of the comments and praise that has already been said. The backgrounds actually remind me of the type in Voltage games, so shiny!
If you need a proofreader then let me know! I'd be more than happy to help.

One question though, and I apologise if this has already been asked/answered, how much is it going to be sold for?

Really looking forward to seeing this though. ^_^
Thank you for your kinda offer, ColaCat! We already have an editor now but if we need one in future, I'll keep you in the tab :)
In actual fact, we aim to rival Voltage games, if not better.
So as for pricing structure, it will also be similar but of course we will give special deals during crowdfunding period :)
Do give us your thoughts and hope you will keep on supporting us!
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.
Kickstarter | Steam Greenlight | Tumblr

User avatar
ColaCat
Veteran
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 8:31 am
Contact:

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [GxB | Fantasy | Romance | Adventu

#12 Post by ColaCat » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:14 am

Okay. ^_^

I wish you great success! The plot certainly seems less cliche than some of the stuff Voltage come up with (I mean, I love their games an' all, but it's all the same...).
Plus, there need to be more mainstream OELVN producers out there! ^^
I will most certainly be keeping tabs on this!
Image

User avatar
Fujihime
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:52 am
Projects: Purrfectly Ever After
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter
Location: PJ
Contact:

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [GxB | Fantasy | Romance | Adventu

#13 Post by Fujihime » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:47 am

ColaCat wrote:Okay. ^_^

I wish you great success! The plot certainly seems less cliche than some of the stuff Voltage come up with (I mean, I love their games an' all, but it's all the same...).
Plus, there need to be more mainstream OELVN producers out there! ^^
I will most certainly be keeping tabs on this!
Thanks!
I'm a big fan of Voltage too but there are some things that just ticks me during gameplay and I kept thinking it should be this and that.
That's when I thought of coming up with my own world and story.
I can't say the process is smooth but definitely lessons to be learn along the way :)

And I saw some WIP stuff from Flightless and WhoisMike, look very promising!
I love how matured the works look :)
Will these titles be commercial titles and are there WIP threads here?
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.
Kickstarter | Steam Greenlight | Tumblr

User avatar
ColaCat
Veteran
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 8:31 am
Contact:

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [GxB | Fantasy | Romance | Adventu

#14 Post by ColaCat » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:56 pm

Fujihime wrote: Thanks!
I'm a big fan of Voltage too but there are some things that just ticks me during gameplay and I kept thinking it should be this and that.
That's when I thought of coming up with my own world and story.
I can't say the process is smooth but definitely lessons to be learn along the way :)

And I saw some WIP stuff from Flightless and WhoisMike, look very promising!
I love how matured the works look :)
Will these titles be commercial titles and are there WIP threads here?

Well, as long as you can look back and know what could be better, you're on the right track!

Who is Mike is going to be a free game, it just needs to be beta-tested a bit more so that we know there are definitely no bugs!
I can't take much credit for any of it though, I proofread, tested, and supported ameliori while she was making it - but pretty much all of the work was done by her. It was only after Who is Mike, and a lot of chatting about what to make next, that she asked me to join her new group - Fervent. Flightless, I assume, is going to be free to play. The WIP isn't up here yet, but ame has made a lot of progress on the writing etc. , so we're hoping that after Who is Mike has been properly released/has no more problems we can put up a WIP!
Again, ame did all the art so I'll pass on the praise! I love her style too! Now we can both be in the fanclub...
Image

User avatar
Fujihime
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:52 am
Projects: Purrfectly Ever After
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter
Location: PJ
Contact:

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [GxB | Fantasy | Romance | Adventu

#15 Post by Fujihime » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:14 am

ColaCat wrote: Well, as long as you can look back and know what could be better, you're on the right track!

Who is Mike is going to be a free game, it just needs to be beta-tested a bit more so that we know there are definitely no bugs!
I can't take much credit for any of it though, I proofread, tested, and supported ameliori while she was making it - but pretty much all of the work was done by her. It was only after Who is Mike, and a lot of chatting about what to make next, that she asked me to join her new group - Fervent. Flightless, I assume, is going to be free to play. The WIP isn't up here yet, but ame has made a lot of progress on the writing etc. , so we're hoping that after Who is Mike has been properly released/has no more problems we can put up a WIP!
Again, ame did all the art so I'll pass on the praise! I love her style too! Now we can both be in the fanclub...
I'm so sorry I missed replying to this!
Thank you for the game info again! Will definitely support it!
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.
Kickstarter | Steam Greenlight | Tumblr

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MiraiZura