Recruitment!

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
saguaro
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Locked-In, Sunrise, The Censor
Organization: Lucky Special Games
itch: saguarofoo

Re: Recruitment!

#31 Post by saguaro »

Programmer here, I have some knowledge of Python and I like to roll around in Screen Language/ATL. See my sig or cookbook recipe for examples of my work.

If you'd like to work together, please PM a description of the project and what specifically you'd like help with.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#32 Post by Morhighan »

I'm looking to do a nano project but my brain is pretty blank. D:
So I thought if people might be interested in my skills, I would offer them.

I write, draw, program, and compose music. I will admit that my strong point is writing. You can check out my portfolio here.

Feel free to chat me up if you have a project you want to work on. ^^

EDIT:

I just got a project idea that I hope to complete on my own! Sorry. D:
Last edited by Morhighan on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Compulsive Liar
Regular
Projects: Sentimental Dreamers

#33 Post by Compulsive Liar »

Last year I wrote a NaNo, with help from the good people of the DD Land Skype Group. The script was completed in time, but I couldn't be bothered to finish the art. So, I think this time around I'd like to focus on asset creation, but that means I'll need someone else to write the script.

My goal was to have a NaNo trilogy. So hopefully this NaNo will somehow fit in with what has already written. This means as a minimum it'll need to be a school based otome.

I'll be aiming for a side-scroller like visual style when the protagonist is moving from location to location. When the character interacts with someone the classic VN interface appears (with the platformer as the background).

Aileo
Regular
Projects: Unnamed short project
Organization: [ctrl] + minds

#34 Post by Aileo »

While I plan on working on a solo project for NaNo, I will offer up my services as a proofreader/critic if anyone wants one. Just send a message if you have any need for my services. I look forward to playing everyone's work at the end of the month!

Thee Forsaken One
Regular
Completed: RE: Alistair++; Backstage Pass; Three Guys That Paint; The Reject Demon Toko - Ch 0; The Menagerie
Projects: Winning Hearts; Astral Hours
Organization: Forsaken Productions
Tumblr: ForsakenProductions
Deviantart: TheeForsakenOne

#35 Post by Thee Forsaken One »

If anyone is looking for a writer or programmer then I am happy to work with them. I have extensive experience in custom interfaces, sim engines and general Ren'Py scripting as well as broader programming skills. I've been a writer for many years also so I'm fairly confident on that side too.

Alternatively I'm more than happy to work with an artist on something of my own (If I can come up with something decent in the short time frame).

MusashiKorian
Regular
Projects: Runa
Organization: Korian Gaming
IRC Nick: MusashiKorian
Deviantart: funktasticmo

#36 Post by MusashiKorian »

I can always lend my voice and writing critique and idea bouncing I suppose as I have my own project I am working on I can only offer some simple services for the most part but just hit me up with whatever.

~My Steam Name~
≈MusashiKorian≈

~My Projects Recruitment Thread~

~My Talents I Bring to the Table~
Voice Acting
Writing/Proofreading/Editing
Story Boarding
Programming
Artist

trollfish

#37 Post by trollfish »

I've been lurking on these forums for months now, and I think it's time I participated in something.

If anyone is looking for an artist, I'm willing to do pixel-based sprites for a NaNo project, as long as it's not an unreasonable amount of them. (We can discuss the specifics.) You can check out my tumblr for examples.

Here are some specific ones of how the sprites would look:

One
Two
Three

xxstrangesoulxx

#38 Post by xxstrangesoulxx »

I'm a total noob on all this, but I really want to be a part of NaNoRenO :(

I'm willing write, edit, maybe do some programing and maybe help with music as well.
For genre I'm willing to do almost anything, except something smutty or historical.

I'd love to have an artist help me with sprites, backgrounds and a logo. You can help me, or I'll help you, whichever.

Edit: nevermind.
Last edited by xxstrangesoulxx on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Benesumi
Regular
Tumblr: Benesumi

#39 Post by Benesumi »

I'd be open to doing concept/design character sketches for people. I'd offer more but I can't right now but I wanted to offer anyway. Just send give me a PM! :)

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#40 Post by noeinan »

I wish I'd seen this thread earlier, when I was looking for a teammate! (I just went to the regular recruitment section.) But I got a writer, so I guess it's good either way.

For anyone who wants to speed up the programming part of their game, I have a Ren'Py quickstart file with some built in features such as a CG gallery, monthly scheduler, inventory, calendar, and codex. (Plus a few other minor features.) If anyone wants to use them for their game, feel free! It is open source for all.

And if you need any help taking out some features etc. you can post there and I will help. The link is in my signature. :)

rakada
Regular

#41 Post by rakada »

was thinking of making a game for NaNoRen0

what i will be doing:
i will be writing, programming and getting the music for the game

what i will need help with:
-Art: Not a lot, just a few BG

pm me if you think you could help

tinytim12

#42 Post by tinytim12 »

Ah, might as well give this a shot. I'm a newbie, but I'll jump at the chances for participating in collaborations such as this.

I'm a writer, and I'm been writing on and off for a couple of years now. My works are strewn all across the internet from fanfiction to writer's cafe. However, recently I have just finished my first visual novelhere, and I would love to write for a visual novel once again. Due to certain circumstances I'm pretty much saddled with free time for the whole of March, so if I do get a chance, I'll do my best! :mrgreen:

SparkyRailgun
Regular
IRC Nick: SparkyRailgun

#43 Post by SparkyRailgun »

tinytim12 wrote:Ah, might as well give this a shot. I'm a newbie, but I'll jump at the chances for participating in collaborations such as this.

I'm a writer, and I'm been writing on and off for a couple of years now. My works are strewn all across the internet from fanfiction to writer's cafe. However, recently I have just finished my first visual novelhere, and I would love to write for a visual novel once again. Due to certain circumstances I'm pretty much saddled with free time for the whole of March, so if I do get a chance, I'll do my best! :mrgreen:
Hey tim, this is for nanoreno 2014, you want this thread here.

superforsooth
Tumblr: artsyforsooth
Deviantart: fourswords

#44 Post by superforsooth »

Artist here! Send me a message if you need any help. (I can do anything but bgs)

nebulaway
Regular
Organization: Magical Girl Tears
Tumblr: nebula-way
itch: basicbaka

#45 Post by nebulaway »

hello! i really want to use this NaNoReNo to finally start and finish a game i wanted to work on. the basic plot is http://magic-girls-tears.vnovel.com/?p=37 <--- there.

what i'm looking for:
- an artist for the sprites (i'm going to need 4 main characters with NPCs)
- an artist for the backgrounds (it's going to take place mostly in a Japanese high school in the story)
- someone to do the logo
- someone brainstorm the details of the story with (would prefer to talk this over skype).

i would prefer it if one person can do all of these but if not, then that's okay! as long as you're open to this idea, and would love to do it, please send me a PM or mention me on twitter at @basicbaka! in case anyone's wondering: i'm going to be doing all the writing and coding. i just really want to actually write and produce a visual novel...

edit: never mind! thank you for reading this. :D
magical girl tears

current projects:
[ nothing (yet?) ]
always looking for a project to join as a writer!
please pm me if you'd like to collaborate with me!