Pluvial [Romance, Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sugaryday
Tumblr: sugaryday
Deviantart: sugaryday

Re: Pluvial [Romance, Slice of Life]

#31 Post by sugaryday »

I love the art and the characters so far. Can't wait for the release~

Fujihime
Regular
Projects: Purrfectly Ever After
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter

#32 Post by Fujihime »

I love the characters, colors and the overall look and feel of the concept!
Can't wait for the next update!
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.
Kickstarter | Steam Greenlight | Tumblr

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#33 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Evey time I see this thread it puts a smile on my face <3 Good luck and I can't wait for more updates once y'all are back!!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#34 Post by potouto »

I'm not very active ah let's blame this on P3P and Fire Emblem: Awakening.
And life. Mostly P3P. I still can't get over the fact P4 doesn't have a female protagonist.
Anyway, up with the new update. Only fifteen days left until the release of the demo. We are still working on the game :3 Some changes has been added to the game. Instead of routes, we will now have the game focused on one route, still separating into four endings. May be crack endings later if time allow.
I'm starting to write for another project now along with Pluvial. Whichever come out first will guarentee to spoil the other. As for weekly's update, I personally think it's hard to keep up every week if there's time that everyone are busy for the whole week.
Story wise, things are a bit rusty nowadays. I have been stuck with the new story's modifications and I'm a bit lost with where to start. Since I'm still busy with studying and tests, I will try to sit down and write the outline when I have time.
For the art, our artist are finalizing the expressions. We haven't worked on other aspect of art much. Hopefully, some of the GUI will be done. It have been a while. I'm itching to touch it myself but our GUI artist said he can handle it so we will be waiting.
And there is music, our composer has been working with the audio. He has life issues but he's doing great with the editing as well. Expecting the script to be edited by the weekend. Hopefully the music will be coming out soon.
As always, the game is not coded yet, still waiting for all asset to be finished.
That's it for this time update. Not much progress I suppose. I will try to keep everything updated.

Thanks a lot for your supports! We will be working hard!!

yeah well | commission | website

euphorics
Regular
Tumblr: niraniranegi
Deviantart: euphorics

#35 Post by euphorics »

SCREAMS BECAUSE I CAME BACK TO CHECK THIS THREAD and it's been so long i missed so much cry
CHARLIE.
FREAKING CHARLIE.
jumps off cliff goodbye, that character design is too pro

also that implied BL +_________+

I look forward to any further developments!!! Will be watching closely huhu
bring on the shotas
tumblr devart

potouto
Veteran

#36 Post by potouto »

euphorics: It's totally okayy since things have gotten so dull lately but don't worry we are still working and kicking!!
OMG STAY YOU. Yes, I know that Charlie is a big cutie ehuehue

Even though we didn't get the demo out, which we are all deeply sorry for the inconvenient, however, Happy Valentine's Day!! Hope you have a joyous time with your loved one. And as a special day like this need a special update, I want to say that we have some changes of staff, still things will go smoothly and we are aiming for a release later this year. Now, here are some Valentine's Day Cards for everyone to celebrate the holiday!
Attachments
IMG_19012503622531.jpeg
IMG_19017924525133.jpeg
IMG_19023163073100.jpeg
IMG_19027871413150.jpeg
IMG_19071735521049.jpeg
IMG_19075619940267.jpeg

FrostkingDemetri
Regular
Tumblr: fkdemetri
Deviantart: fkdemetri

#37 Post by FrostkingDemetri »

My favorite part;
"Canadian????"
ha ha~ gg lol
Cute looking project .w. nice~

potouto
Veteran

#38 Post by potouto »

@FrostkingDemetri: aha, thank you. It'll be full of fluff and cuteness ye

Andddd I'm the one who will take up the spot of the GUI designer, I might not be as experienced but at least I know what to do?? I think?? So here's the sneakpeak of the game's new interface!! Not the final design since woops so many mistakes ahaha ;_;

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#39 Post by Haze »

Been watching this project for a while, and I'm looking forward to it! Just want to say the GUI looks nice, though the logo not being centered is kind of bothering me. It's a small nitpick, I know, I know. XD

As for the choice menu, is the only thing that changes when a choice is hovered the little umbrella appearing? If so, you may want to considering having the hovered choice slightly change color or something, just to make it more apparent that it's hovered. And is that a Cafe Memoria BG I see in the screenshot? Is that free to use...? EDIT: Just looked into it and found it that it is free to use. Learned something new today!

Also, here's something I've been wanting to ask for a while: is the bird a cockatiel?
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

potouto
Veteran

#40 Post by potouto »

Ohh yeah, I pointed out that the GUI isn't in its final state yet, I noticed the logo not being centered too so I will fix it soon. But thanks for pointing that out~!

I did think about that during the process of creating the design, still I haven't thought of how to make an alternative for the hovered choice yet. Oh yeah, the Cafe Memoria BG is just a placeholder but yes, it's free-to-use as said on Uncle Mugen's thread.

Of course not, Birb is a kind of royalty came from the other side of universe -- nah, none of us have any idea of what kind of bird it is actually. This bird is not all right, may be it's not a bird at all.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#41 Post by noeinan »

I like the GUI. It's colorful and has a consistent theme. The main menu looks a little flat, maybe try adding a texture or shadows? Other than that looks great tho.

potouto
Veteran

#42 Post by potouto »

I tried this way ahaha ';_;'

daikiraikimi: Yeah, I'm trying to figure how to make it better but it have been a big failure so far wahh
But thank you though :3 <3 I will try to make it look better

Demetis
Regular

#43 Post by Demetis »

Aaaah I really like the new menu's theme! The colors are cute as hell <3
As for the main title, I kinda liked the first try more though >w< Maybe moving the logo up a little and adding character screenshots into the picture frames? Just my opinion though XD Cause the second design is a bit too common for me XD And somehow less cute //slapped out of window
The ingame interface is super cute! For me the huge umbrella on the speechbox might be a little bit distracting but I guess it's alright ovo Really like how you used the icons <3
Keep up the good work! -sits and cheers- 8D

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#44 Post by Haze »

Yes, the new main menu looks a lot better. Seriously, great job; you really improved it!

Awww...it's too bad the bird(or Birb, as you called it) isn't a cockatiel...ah well. Royalty from the other side of the universe, huh? Sounds interesting. :D
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

succuren
Deviantart: gabbypinetree

#45 Post by succuren »

Guess whose bday it is today
TECHNICALLY it's still his bday here.