PARANORMAL TEENS [Drama, Comedy] [STEAM GREENLIGHT]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

PARANORMAL TEENS [Drama, Comedy] [STEAM GREENLIGHT]

#1 Post by Godline »

================================================================================

What happens when a conspiracy theorist, a demonologist, a psychic, an abductee, a Voodoo Queen,
a paranormal investigator and a psychologist-in-training are brought together for a one-time TV show called
Paranormal Teens?

Not quite what you'd expect when there are dark presences at bay, and plenty of conflict to keep them... occupied.
(Mwhahaha).

But if you mess with the supernatural, it often messes back.

================================================================================
The Experts:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Features:
- STUFF
- THINGS

DEMO: http://www.indiedb.com/games/paranormal-teens/downloads

[url=http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =751409670/url]
BIG THANK YOUS FOR EVERYONE THAT HELPED COMPLETE THIS!
Last edited by Godline on Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:21 am, edited 12 times in total.

Kikaharu
Regular

Re: PARANORMAL TEENS [Drama, Comedy, Possible GxB/BxG or...?

#2 Post by Kikaharu »

this is very interesting. I think I would love to play this once it is done.

1. Have you ever had your own supernatural experiences? (Since this is based on real supernatural experiences).
Kinda. Each person believes in their own things so. To me, I have experience some stuff but other people could say that it wasn't real. So each to their own. But I believe in a lot of supernatural things and I believe even if somethings aren't around now that it doesn't mean they weren't around before.
2. Are there any characters you'd like to see a particularly romantic ending for? (Basically who you'd pair together given the chance).
I would like to see an ending for Mike. I just love his hair. I want to touch it. XD but that's just my opinion. And pair together like as in other characters pairing together or which characters with one of the main (Zaaliah/Brett)? If it's not romance with one of the mains, I actually feel like it would be interesting to see Mike and Tina together. I feel like Tina would be a bit bossy to Mike but he can deal with it and is a little putty about it. XD
3. Which character would you gladly kill off given the chance?
Sissy but I don't really know much about her so the only reason I would kill her off is just because of her appearance. Though when you get to know each person I don't know if there will be someone I will want to kill off or not.
4. Anything particular you'd like to see added in - a reference/a particular line/etc?
Nope. I don't have anything in particular that I would like to see in it.

Godline
Veteran

#3 Post by Godline »

Kikaharu wrote: But I believe in a lot of supernatural things and I believe even if somethings aren't around now that it doesn't mean they weren't around before.
Hmmm... interesting. :)
Kikaharu wrote: If it's not romance with one of the mains, I actually feel like it would be interesting to see Mike and Tina together. I feel like Tina would be a bit bossy to Mike but he can deal with it and is a little putty about it. XD
Hahaha. You wouldn't believe how on target you are with this. Originally it was written as a kinetic novel and Tina did indeed have a flirtation of sorts with both Jose and Mike. She's greedy enough to want two guys worshiping her. And considering the bromance between Jose and Mike they'd probably eventually accept that arrangement too. ;) However, with this version sadly it does concentrate more of the relationships with the protagonists only.

I might be interested in doing a bonus scene with them though, if people are interested.
Kikaharu wrote: Sissy but I don't really know much about her so the only reason I would kill her off is just because of her appearance.
You'll have to see whether you're right or not. ;) No hints. Mwhahaha -hack-.

iiStarCandy
Regular
Projects: Bored to Death, Trying to Walk
IRC Nick: Yoh-An
Tumblr: saseum-ssi
Deviantart: yoh-an

#4 Post by iiStarCandy »

Ooh, this looks great! :D The characters are all unique, and it's even cooler that they have voice actors.
1. Have you ever had your own supernatural experiences? (Since this is based on real supernatural experiences).: Actually, just this morning at around 6:40, my friend and I were at school. We saw this sickly-pale looking, shabby old man who was probably homeless shuffling across the campus. We took a detour to stall and hope he went away (he kept watching us). We turned a corner which should have ultimately crossed paths with the man, but he disappeared.
2. Are there any characters you'd like to see a particularly romantic ending for? (Basically who you'd pair together given the chance).: Sissy and Jose maybe. They seem like they could use a good confidence boost off each other. :)
3. Which character would you gladly kill off given the chance?: Maybe Tina, just because her character doesn't click with me.
4. Anything particular you'd like to see added in - a reference/a particular line/etc?: Not really no, keep it up! :)

--
Logo blog: http://yoh-an.blogspot.com/
Personal blog: http://saseum-ssi.tumblr.com/
deviantArt: http://yoh-an.deviantart.com/
I make logos from time to time.

Godline
Veteran

#5 Post by Godline »

iiStarCandy wrote:Actually, just this morning at around 6:40, my friend and I were at school. We saw this sickly-pale looking, shabby old man who was probably homeless shuffling across the campus. We took a detour to stall and hope he went away (he kept watching us). We turned a corner which should have ultimately crossed paths with the man, but he disappeared.
Now that is creepy. :)
Sissy and Jose maybe. They seem like they could use a good confidence boost off each other. :)
Actually that is potentially very sweet. I'd love to find more ways for them to interact.
Maybe Tina, just because her character doesn't click with me.
Tina would haunt you from the grave for saying that. She does deserve it indeed.

You're awesome. <3
Also, added in Features and ETAs as I didn't do that the first time around.

kukiko-tan
Regular
Completed: Fear Not
Projects: The Song of the Caged Crow, Revealed Royalty, The Golden Seed
Organization: RONI
Deviantart: kukiko-tan

#6 Post by kukiko-tan »

Ohh, Godline! 8'DD This looks great! I'm glad you're making big progress with it. Can't wait to see how people respond to it and how the overall turns out in the end.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#7 Post by Googaboga »

I don't have any good answers to your questions, but I still wanted to pop in and say that this seems like it'll be really fun. Good luck :>.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Godline
Veteran

#8 Post by Godline »

kukiko-tan wrote:Ohh, Godline! 8'DD This looks great! I'm glad you're making big progress with it. Can't wait to see how people respond to it and how the overall turns out in the end.
Awww, thanks. And <3 to you. We'll get to your project sometime soon. :)
Googaboga wrote:I don't have any good answers to your questions, but I still wanted to pop in and say that this seems like it'll be really fun. Good luck :>.
Since I'm a fan of Fortune Island, I hope you'll like it. While we're at it, I really want to see a sequel to Fortune Island some day. It is really fun though. It's pretty much been five years at least kicking around in notebooks and such, so it's good to get it near completion FINALLY.

Godline
Veteran

#9 Post by Godline »

Additional Information:

Maplegregs has joined the team as a coder! Yay! Overjoyed to have him on board (and fix some of the horrible sprite coding that might have been done beforehand).

ALSO
On the Tumblr site: http://paranormalteens.tumblr.com/
I've been posting some of the original designs for the characters. So, take a look there.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#10 Post by minyan »

1. Have you ever had your own supernatural experiences? (Since this is based on real supernatural experiences).

Thankfully, no. ._. Although I have a near crippling fear of the dark, so I have one in my head every time I walk down the hallway to go to the bathroom at night. ;-;

2. Are there any characters you'd like to see a particularly romantic ending for? (Basically who you'd pair together given the chance).

Based on the blurbs given I think Tina and Jose might be a fun pairing- I like the sort of pushy girl with more laid-back guy type and his worry of people not taking him seriously might be fun with her xD

No idea xD Twist- they all die. (jk jk :v)

4. Anything particular you'd like to see added in - a reference/a particular line/etc?

More about the characters would be fun to read. ^^ Looking forward to the demo!
Last edited by minyan on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Universalfiction

#11 Post by Universalfiction »

Well for about a few months, at around 6-7 pm, I would feel a breeze and then hear a voice in my head and there would be this light tapping and shaking sound around my desk and I don't know where it comes from and I'm like wtf get me out of here halp. Well ya he doesn't come anymore and his name started with an R. I'm not quite sure what it was exactly.
Idk about the girl but Greg with someone would be the highest on my list probably
That's terrible! But one of the girls probably XD maybe Tina. I dislike it when someone always get what they want
Nope

Godline
Veteran

#12 Post by Godline »

minyan wrote: Thankfully, no. ._. Although I have a near crippling fear of the dark, so I have one in my head every time I walk down the hallway to go to the bathroom at night. ;-;
Haha. That's just sad.
minyan wrote: Based on the blurbs given I think Tina and Jose might be a fun pairing- I like the sort of pushy girl with more laid-back guy type and his worry of people not taking him seriously might be fun with her xD
They would be so cute. But alas. It'll have to be only a potential side-plot
minyan wrote: No idea xD Twist- they all die. (jk jk :v)
Haha. I wonder what the reaction would be if that happened!
minyan wrote: More about the characters would be fun to read. ^^ Looking forward to the demo!
Thanks! Hopefully it'll be ready soon!
Universalfiction wrote: Well for about a few months, at around 6-7 pm, I would feel a breeze and then hear a voice in my head and there would be this light tapping and shaking sound around my desk and I don't know where it comes from and I'm like wtf get me out of here halp. Well ya he doesn't come anymore and his name started with an R. I'm not quite sure what it was exactly.
Hmmm. I have my own theories on this. But perhaps I'd better leave that for another day. ;)
Universalfiction wrote: Idk about the girl but Greg with someone would be the highest on my list probably
Greg is the highest on everyone's list. ;) And not just the girls.
Universalfiction wrote: That's terrible! But one of the girls probably XD maybe Tina. I dislike it when someone always get what they want
Yeah, me too. But such is life. Sadly. :(

Thanks for the feedback!

Godline
Veteran

#13 Post by Godline »

I love CrimsonMoon. <3 And I ship it.

And here's another little bitty of Zaaliah (that won't be in the game).

MapleGregs

#14 Post by MapleGregs »

Okay, after working on the demo, I think I can answer those questions properly.
But, first of all, I'll rate the game.
10/10. Would resize sprites again. Cause that's only what I did for the most part of my work. But really, it is awesome and if you say the contrary, Tina will get you. And you will never see anything else. NEVER!
Now, for the questions.
1- No, never had a paranormal experience. But sometimes I actually wish I had. My life is too boring. Maybe it's because I spend so much time playing games.
2- Mike and Tina. Seriously, I ship them so much. Not going to give any spoilers here, so I can only say that. For now, at least.
3- I'd kill Jose. He's like that one friend everyone has that does nothing and brags about everything. Also, his look annoys me. That hairstyle is unbearable in my opinion.
4- A reference I'd love to see is ANY joke from the Ace Attorney series. The magatama, stepladders, or even the simple "Objection!" shout. Man, I love that series.

Godline
Veteran

#15 Post by Godline »

Eep! I can't believe I missed this post MapleGregs!
And thanks for the support. <3 <3 <3
MapleGregs wrote: 1- No, never had a paranormal experience. But sometimes I actually wish I had. My life is too boring. Maybe it's because I spend so much time playing games.
Hmmm, they can be pretty freaky. So I wouldn't really wish it on anyone. ;)
2- Mike and Tina. Seriously, I ship them so much. Not going to give any spoilers here, so I can only say that. For now, at least.
Good to see another Mike and Tina fan!
Good eye! If you see the other spoiler above.
3- I'd kill Jose. He's like that one friend everyone has that does nothing and brags about everything. Also, his look annoys me. That hairstyle is unbearable in my opinion.
Not Jose! He's so sad and pathetic! :) So cruel!
4- A reference I'd love to see is ANY joke from the Ace Attorney series. The magatama, stepladders, or even the simple "Objection!" shout. Man, I love that series.
That I can do.