The Walk [Psych][NaNoWinter 2015]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SapphireDragon
Deviantart: snowhummingbird

Re: The Walk [Psychological][NaNoWinter 2015]

#31 Post by SapphireDragon »

OokamiKasumi wrote: LOL! I understand. I don't always watch all the credits either -- unless I saw something interesting.
-- Just so you know, I always list my sources; sound, music, images, and whatever else I borrowed in the ending credits.
Yay! I'm not alone! ;D xD

That is a good idea! Saves you from any legal stuff should anything pop up. And it is helpful for people like me, if I bothered to read the credits, and was interested in something in the VN. ^.^ Thanks!

Speaking of stuff in your VN, I forgot to mention how much I loved the subtle changes with the background when choosing the time of year and everything. My speakers are dead, so I don't know about the music, but the background and falling objects were awesome! It was enough to set the mood but not take away from imagining the path in the story. <3

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#32 Post by OokamiKasumi »

SapphireDragon wrote:Yay! I'm not alone! ;D xD
Nope, not alone at all. I freely admit to a rather short attention span.
SapphireDragon wrote:That is a good idea! Saves you from any legal stuff should anything pop up. And it is helpful for people like me, if I bothered to read the credits, and was interested in something in the VN. ^.^ Thanks!
Covering your ass on the legal stuff just keeps problems from cropping up later. As for the rest of it, I've gotten some extremely fine images and sound effects from checking out the credits (sources) from other games.
SapphireDragon wrote:Speaking of stuff in your VN, I forgot to mention how much I loved the subtle changes with the background when choosing the time of year and everything. My speakers are dead, so I don't know about the music, but the background and falling objects were awesome! It was enough to set the mood but not take away from imagining the path in the story. <3
Excellent! That's exactly what I was trying to do; set the mood but Not interfere with the player's imagination. Pity your speakers don't work. I used soothing, yet mildly uplifting music and unobtrusive environmental sound effects.

I'm so glad you enjoyed playing the game!
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#33 Post by Lesleigh63 »

This was cute, I enjoyed getting immersed in it and walking through the environment/s.
Seems I'm suicidal - I just can't stop climbing over that bloody wall.
Struck a bit of odd phrasing...
I see, so you're out walking at night in clear with lots of stars, autumn weather.

Thanks for making it.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#34 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Lesleigh63 wrote:This was cute, I enjoyed getting immersed in it and walking through the environment/s.
Seems I'm suicidal - I just can't stop climbing over that bloody wall.
Struck a bit of odd phrasing...
I see, so you're out walking at night in clear with lots of stars, autumn weather.

Thanks for making it.
I'm glad you enjoyed the game! I tried to make it relaxing without putting you to sleep.
-- Nooo! Stay away from the wall...! LOL!
That sentence can be a little odd depending on what you've selected because everything past the word 'walking' is made up of inserted code.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

maricon

#35 Post by maricon »

This was rather fun to play. I took it twice in different moods. Second time made me look rather cold (love is easily replaceable :lol: ).
Thanks for making this :)

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#36 Post by OokamiKasumi »

maricon wrote:This was rather fun to play. I took it twice in different moods. Second time made me look rather cold (love is easily replaceable :lol: ).
Thanks for making this :)
I'm glad you enjoyed the game!
-- Ah... You really shouldn't take anything the game says too seriously. I'm not a professional psychoanalyst, by any means. I used a Dreamer's Dictionary to translate the symbolism.

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#37 Post by Lesleigh63 »

When I thought about this game (after playing it and posting my comment) , I thought it contained strong visual images - an ornate key, a white tea-cup with red flowers on it lying on a path - and then I realized those images were never in the game; it was what my imagination created. I don't know if it's the same for other players.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#38 Post by Mad Harlequin »

No, you're not alone. I found myself visualizing things as well!
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

azuki_beans

#39 Post by azuki_beans »

OMG I love personality tests like this so much! I had lots of fun when playing this game, seriously :D I had a hard time understanding some aspects of my personality though
(specially the ones that were related with what I wrote because I couldn't really see how a tall and modern building could relate to my future ambitions or something like that lol but I guess that I'm just kinda dumb. Could it mean that I aim high? idk.)
But overall, I loved everything about it, specially the soundtrack :D <3

btw, my imagination also created strong visual images. I'm glad I wasn't the only one lol.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#40 Post by OokamiKasumi »

azuki_beans wrote:OMG I love personality tests like this so much! I had lots of fun when playing this game, seriously :D
I'm so glad you enjoyed my little game. ♥
azuki_beans wrote:I had a hard time understanding some aspects of my personality though
(specially the ones that were related with what I wrote because I couldn't really see how a tall and modern building could relate to my future ambitions or something like that lol but I guess that I'm just kinda dumb. Could it mean that I aim high? idk.)
It means exactly what you thought, however add this too; the 'building' can also represent the type of career you want to pursue.
azuki_beans wrote:But overall, I loved everything about it, specially the soundtrack :D <3
I'm so glad you liked the music. Those two tracks are favorites of mine when I want to relax.
azuki_beans wrote:btw, my imagination also created strong visual images. I'm glad I wasn't the only one lol.
I'm absolutely thrilled that the game invoked such strong imagery in the imagination. It means that the players were able to successfully enter a meditative state.

VAPMichaelaLaws
Regular
Completed: Check Signature!
Projects: Check Signature!
Organization: Seraphim Entertainment
Tumblr: thebunnyofevil

#41 Post by VAPMichaelaLaws »

I played it while I was taking a break from working on Seduce Me and holy crap. This game is beautifully well done and very well organized. I had to put it on fullscreen with my best headset for the music and sound. It was so worth it.

I played through it with the thought that there was going to be a very minor analysis of me at the end. I did not realize that everything had a purpose; even the tiniest details.

Wonderful game!
Voice Actress | Singer | Writer | Producer | Director
http://www.michaelaamandalaws.com/
--------
Completed Projects: My Teacher (NaNoReno2013), Pizz'Amore, My Lady, Our School Love (Otome Audio CD), Our Honeymoon (Otome Audio CD), Seduce Me, Maid With Perfection (NaNoReno2015), Blind Love (ILUjam 2015), Love And Romance: A Study Of Intimacy, Seduce Me 2: The Demon War, Remember, Remember
Projects Still In Production: All For You

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#42 Post by OokamiKasumi »

VAPMichaelaLaws wrote:I played it while I was taking a break from working on Seduce Me and holy crap. This game is beautifully well done and very well organized. I had to put it on fullscreen with my best headset for the music and sound. It was so worth it.
I'm so glad you enjoyed the experience!
-- Reading a few reference books on hypnosis and guided meditation helped a lot. ♥
VAPMichaelaLaws wrote:I played through it with the thought that there was going to be a very minor analysis of me at the end. I did not realize that everything had a purpose; even the tiniest details.
Surprise! Dreams as a rule have layers of meaning, especially the vivid ones, so even tiny details are symbolic. Well that, and I didn't see the point of putting something in there that didn't have a meaning. All that would do is waste the player's time and belittle their efforts.
VAPMichaelaLaws wrote:Wonderful game!
I'm thrilled you liked it.

Ernestalice15
Regular
Projects: One Last Crane, Demoness, The Golden Catalyst
Organization: Animon Works
IRC Nick: Nomina
Tumblr: ernestalice15
Deviantart: Ernestalice15

#43 Post by Ernestalice15 »

Wow!! I like this game so much, since I like psychological test like this and I like to write. However, I found that this kind of game will be liked by people who likes to write, imagine things, and such, while it won't be liked by the others, especially those who think too much on writing the story, because my friend was like that when I introduced this game to him.

Anyway, the other things I like in the game, is the arts, fonts, and the music. They are so beautiful and enjoyable to see/hear.

Oh, and one more thing, I'm now writing a blog (just have started) and mostly I'll do some Indie Games Review on there. I wonder if it's okay to put your game and some screenshots there? I'll tell you if it's finished, because I want to write at least five posts first before announcing it globally. :)

SilverAngel

#44 Post by SilverAngel »

This game looks intriguing! I'll be trying this out later! :)

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#45 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Ernestalice15 wrote:Wow!! I like this game so much, since I like psychological test like this and I like to write. However, I found that this kind of game will be liked by people who likes to write, imagine things, and such, while it won't be liked by the others, especially those who think too much on writing the story, because my friend was like that when I introduced this game to him.

Anyway, the other things I like in the game, is the arts, fonts, and the music. They are so beautiful and enjoyable to see/hear.

Oh, and one more thing, I'm now writing a blog (just have started) and mostly I'll do some Indie Games Review on there. I wonder if it's okay to put your game and some screenshots there? I'll tell you if it's finished, because I want to write at least five posts first before announcing it globally. :)
I'm very glad you enjoyed the game!
-- Tell your friend that it wasn't supposed to be a story -- unless a story is what their imagination came up with.

I would be honored to have a review done, and yes, you have my permission to use or make any screenshots you like.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SilverAngel wrote:This game looks intriguing! I'll be trying this out later! :)
I look forward to seeing what you think of it!