★★★~NaNoRenO 2015 Recruitment Thread~★★★

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

Re: ★★★~NaNoRenO 2015 Recruitment Thread~★★★

#31 Post by Katta »

Looking for fellow MMORPG fans to do a MMORPG-themed comedy, especially a brightly-colored sprites/chibi artist and ideabouncers.

ameliori
Veteran
Completed: Who is Mike?, Cupid
Projects: The Black Beast [Fairytale]
Organization: FERVENT
Tumblr: ameliori
itch: fervent

#32 Post by ameliori »

Group Looking for Members

Our project is a dark romance with some horror/supernatural elements set in 18th Century France.

Brief Overview:

Title: Cupid
Rating: PG-16 for sexual content, light gore, mature themes
Genre: Romance/Horror/Psych
Setting: 18th Century France
Themes: love, obsession, desire

We are urgently looking for:
- BG Artist/s
- Writers/Idea Bouncers
- Sound Effects Manager
- Art Assets Manager

Here are some additional/negotiable roles that are still needed:
- Programmer
- Musician
- Additional Proofreader/s
- Assistant CG Artist/s (under negotiation)

I'm hoping to use this project as a community building exercise so let's make creepy sexy stories together! We'll have a lot of fun *evil cackle* I have cookies!!

If you want more information about the story, contact me through PM anytime!
Last edited by ameliori on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:24 am, edited 14 times in total.
ameliori
TwitterPatreon

DarkSin
Regular
Completed: Rituals in the Dark (GxG), Sweetest Monster (BxG), My Magical Divorce Bureau!!
Projects: Innate Imperfections (GxG)
Organization: SinSystem
itch: darksin

#33 Post by DarkSin »

~Group Members Needed~
Plans:
Hello :) I'm planning on doing a GxG visual novel for NaNoRenO. Overall it'll be fairly serious, some comedy thrown in, and a few action sequences. I want it to be more plot centred than romance, although romantic feelings would play an integral role in the story. I want to place a strong emphasis on atmosphere in the VN. Ideally there would be a contrast between a harsh/cold life and a relaxing/warm one, i.e; professional and private life. The story will be deep, a little dark, with some well placed heart-warming and/or comedic scenes.

About the project:
Right now I just have a rough framework in my head, some notes (Character histories and things like that), and a couple of sketches. I also have an image in my head of what the 2 main characters (Protagonist and romantic interest) will look like, and how I want the overall atmosphere and "feel" of the VN to be, like I mentioned above.
There will be only one route character (due to time constraints), and 4 endings... or at least that's the plan right now. We could talk more about it.

Temporary synopsis:
22-year-old Inna is a social recluse with a most unusual skillset. Assassination. Under pressure of changing her ways she takes on an assignment very different from what's she's accustomed to. Her new job requires her to look out for a 17-year-old girl while she is in college. What sounded like an easy piece of work, with the plus of turning over a new leaf, turns out to be quite the predicament for Inna... in more than one way.

Positions needed:
  1. Co-writer, who would act as a partner and work with me on the writing and planning. Would be a plus if the writer has knowledge of Ren'Py coding, since I'm pretty new to it.
  2. Musician, to do some of the songs. One of the key features in the VN will be it's atmosphere, and the music would play an important part in that. I may have to rely on public domain music as well. I don't want too much pressure on the musician.

And that's pretty much it, since we only have a month I feel it'll be quicker if we had a small, dedicated team working on this.
Oh and most importantly, we're doing this for fun, so everyone's opinion will matter, and we don't have to be all formal and business-like :)

Art:
Some concept sketches:
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... 38e265.jpg
^ The protagonist. This is pretty much the way I envisioned her, but.. I might make some changes to her later.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... eacbd8.jpg
^ A rough sketch of the romantic interest. I drew this one at my university, in my notebook. This is very much just a vague concept at this point, I may change her design completely later on. I haven't quite decided on her final look yet. Of course the input of my collaborators will carry weight here as well.

I'm posting links to them as I don't want to take up too much space, I already have a wordwall going here :P

And that's all, feel free to contact me through PM :) Method of communicating for the project will be Skype. I'm sorry, but any other method will be very inconvenient. I want to us to have fun with it, discuss the project, brainstorm, answer/ask questions etc. and live chat is the best way to do it.
Last edited by DarkSin on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#34 Post by Sayumi101 »

Hey there,
If anyone's looking for someone to do simple, non overly complicted textboxes, let me know. I only do textboxes for now, no additional GUI so I'm not expecting many replies, lol
For examples refer here ---> Those were back when I just started out
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 52&t=28674

Delivery should be within 3/4 days after my having accepted the request.
Uhm. Thanks for reading XD
ImageImageImage

Dawnfire
Regular

#35 Post by Dawnfire »

I'm a writer who would love to dedicate the time to work on NaNoReNo! I'm a native English-speaker who has totally mastered grammar, and a college student who has taken quite a few writing classes. I also have experience both writing and editing scripts, though sadly none of them have materialized into a finished project yet.

I would be happy to write or co-write a visual novel. I could create the whole script based on your ideas or we could work out a script through collaboration. My preferred genres are friendship/romance, mystery, fantasy/adventure, and comedy; I'm not as interested in horror, sci-fi and gore. I also don't do nudity, adult, ecchi, etc. and I'm selective with BxG projects.

I would also be willing to edit projects, but I would prefer that they remain under 10,000 words so that I have the time for it.

Please PM me if you're interested in working together!
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

burnt_offering
Regular
Completed: The Stroke of Midnight
Organization: Ace Of Spades
IRC Nick: burnt_offering or TheTapDancer
itch: aceofspadesvn

#36 Post by burnt_offering »

I'm writing a short piece about a series of conversations between a physicist and a fledgeling AI.

I'm looking for someone to make a few simple backgrounds, and likely about 2 cgs. The art style doesn't matter too much, but it's not exactly an opportunity for cute characters. Fairly obviously, this will be all-ages, and I'm not going to need sprites.

I'd also like someone to make some music, but if that doesn't happen I can always use creative commons work. Something post-rocky or electronic would be optimal for the feel of the game.
[url]http:\\aceofspades@vnovel.com[/url]
Or just follow me at @AceOfSpades_VN

steve_T
Regular

#37 Post by steve_T »

Hi guys,

I'm a n00b at Visual Novels, but I just had a cool idea (at least I think so) for a visual novel. I'd like to explore the idea as a short VN for NaNoRenO if it pans out maybe make it a full length novel down the track.

My idea is a Sci-Fi game, I want to incorporate a Trading system - think "Elite" - but with a VN story line that the "trading ship" is actually a covert government spy ship.

I'm a professional programmer, but have no experience in python or RenPy. I'm keen to learn and that is why I am here.
Ideally I'd like someone who can do art. other wise I guess I'll be using the awesome iiCharacter-Alpha tool :P
and perhaps someone to help with the story.

I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to the project a few hours a week. So I want to keep it short so I can finish it in time.
I'm not here to win NaNoRenO i'm here to learn and have a fun. If it's something you think you would like to collaborate on, please PM me.

amateurismygame

#38 Post by amateurismygame »

TLDR; ALERT!!Hi guys! I am completely new! I played visual novels on and off since I was twelve years old, no matter the quality. However, 13-14, is when I began diving into VN's. I have recently turned 15, as well. Another note, I haven't even touched Ren'py yet, it's sitting on my desktop waiting to be used.
I'm mainly a writer, and a little bit of a proofreader/editor. i CAN to art, but I only really can do concept sketches, as I'm not confident in my art, however, I'm more likely to show my art then writing.

I'm not sure how difficult programming is, but I will be practicing little things now. I have 3-4 hours on weekdays usually, and a good 5-6 hours on weekends. If age matters, I am fifteen. However, I have an avid interest in a great many things. I am also very liberal, or open minded, and very little will phase me. In regards to writing, I can't say I have any particular talent, however, I'm sure I could scrape together something to send for a sample. If anyone doesn't reply, it's cool! I'm looking to get my feet wet, maybe meet some friends/colleagues. I'm not sure if I will be able to participate, but I really want to dive into VN.
Regardless, if you're interested, shoot me a PM!

Things to note: I *would* like to have a very open group if possible, so any critiques can be addressed professionally but without risk of offending. I also have very low tolerance for non-consensual actions in stories, that isn't to say I'm not open to them. But I feel they should be written or grasped delicately. Serious topics can add the certain flavour to a story that is needed, however. That being said, line up people! (no not really I am really terrible, feel free to leave me behind with only myself.)

I generally have in interest in very ambiguous stories, where people can develop their own theories, stories. I also love to have culturally diverse idea's as well. Any genre for me is fine, but I'd be most comfortable with a genre mash up. I also have a knack for bringing in very different views, and people in my stories.

What I will need:

Programmer (this could be optional depending on how well I fare myself.)
Artist (A few characters with actual appearances, one or so outfits, several expressions, and depending on quality very few CG'S)
Background Artist (this may be optional depending on my ability importing backgrounds from the internet).

PyroOgre
Projects: Somnus (N15)
Organization: Vermillion Concepts
IRC Nick: PyroOgre

#39 Post by PyroOgre »

I've had an idea that I've been thinking about for a bit that I think could work well for NaNoReNo, and could use a bit of help throughout the month.

The project, Somnus, is a life-and-death drama about a man and a woman inside of the man's dream world. As for what precisely that entails, that's TBD (a lot is TBD given both NaNoReNo's guidelines and the setting of the VN, so I can utilize anyone wishing to join towards their strengths), though it will be focused on the drama aspect with not much in the way of comedy and romance.

I'm doing the writing and can manage the programming, though here is what is also needed:

Needed:
A character artist. Only 2-3 characters need sprites so it wouldn't be too difficult a task.
A musician. Given the type of game this will be not much in the way of music is needed outside of a character theme, an opening theme, an ending theme, and perhaps another couple songs for variety.
A logo artist. Self-explanatory if anyone wants to give that a shot.

Nice to have:
A background artist. I can modify free images or free-to-use ones on this forum if needed, but someone working on something original is always a plus.
A voice actress. Suffice to say that would be a luxury and wouldn't be needed until completion of the script, but leaving the request here nonetheless. Addressed.
Last edited by PyroOgre on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thee Forsaken One
Regular
Completed: RE: Alistair++; Backstage Pass; Three Guys That Paint; The Reject Demon Toko - Ch 0; The Menagerie
Projects: Winning Hearts; Astral Hours
Organization: Forsaken Productions
Tumblr: ForsakenProductions
Deviantart: TheeForsakenOne

#40 Post by Thee Forsaken One »

Hello,

I'm up for a short NaNoRenO project. I am a very experienced programmer (GUIs, basic scripting and ATL) as well as a writer. I have no real ideas at the moment so I would like to join up with someone who actually has an idea going.

For specific examples of what I've done (Some it is unreleased):

Lead Programmer: RE:Alistair/RE:Alistair++ and Backstage Pass
GUI Programming: Reject Demon Toko and Menagerie
Writing: Menagerie (Non-sexual content), Dizzy Hearts and Queen of Thieves (Yuri routes)
Project Manager: Nicole (Yuri Edition)

I have some of my own ideas in the works but those are way larger in scope than a month. Still, I would be very interested in collaborating with someone. :)

infiniteawe
IRC Nick: Kate

#41 Post by infiniteawe »

Hello everyone!

My name is Kate and I am looking to work on a visual novel with someone. I played visual novels before, but I have never actually done any writing for a visual novel. I am a total newbie to this.

I would love to write or co-write a visual novel with someone. My stories tend to be science fiction or superhero stories, but I am open to trying a different genre. I don't mind if there is a romance component to the story, but I would prefer that it is not NSFW in that department. That is something I would be uncomfortable with. I can also do proofreading.

March might get busy for me during the middle of the month due to college work, but I do have some free time. Just shoot me a message if you are interested and we can work something out.

Sami-Fire
Regular
Tumblr: execdreamcycle
Deviantart: Sami-Fire
Soundcloud: Sami-Fire

#42 Post by Sami-Fire »

Hello, hello! I'm Sami, and I'd like some assistance with my potential NaNoRenO project. Specifically, I need art assets- sprites, CGs, so on and so forth (though I'm not 100% how much I need right now because this idea is still pretty new). There are at least 2 characters that will need sprites (plus a third, maybe?), and CGs... uh... I'll have to get back to you on that.

Programming assistance would also be appreciated. I know how to do things like assign things to variables and increment them and check them and reroute depending on X value, but anything more complicated than that might require outside help.

While not quite as necessary as the above two positions, someone to bounce ideas/plots off of would be nice. It would be great to have someone else to listen to my ideas and perhaps help build areas that I might inadvertently neglect.

The project I have in mind at this point is kind of a modern supernatural fantasy with very soft sci-fi pieces mashup. Basically, it takes place in a modern world, but there are angels and demons, and the way the angels and demons function may be a bit different from standard. There's something like a divine arms race with humans as the tech pieces going on; special humans called "contacts" are investigated by divine entities for various purposes. I should add that there may be light GxB romantic elements in it (with only two/three planned potentially romanceable/relationship-able characters, it's not going to be quite as romance focused, I don't think). No R-18 content (in the sexual sense, at least; I can't say my characters will have completely clean mouths) will be involved. I could go on for a while about the nature of contacts and the angels and demons, but I'll keep it brief(ish) for now.

daisymadi
Tumblr: daiisyzeldaa

#43 Post by daisymadi »

Hi, guys! We're hoping to participate in NaNoRenO this year for the first time! Our visual novel will be slice of life and will be in a college setting. We plan on having both GxB and GxG romance routes. As of right now we have a basic idea of our characters and are starting to figure out plot.
Specifically we're looking for an artist to do sprites, backgrounds and potentially cgs, but if you'd like to contribute with music or any other sort of aspect we'd love your help.
We can be contacted through pm, or on our tumblr

Anmeichan
Tumblr: anmeichan
Deviantart: anna-mei

#44 Post by Anmeichan »

Hello, I'm looking to participate in NaNoRenO for the first time this year. I have a little experience with programming, so I could help with proofreading and debugging, but I'm mostly looking to join a group as an artist. I am able to draw sprites, CGs, and some backgrounds (depending on complexity). I am also willing to provide character concepts and design GUIs, though I don't have any experience yet with the latter.

Here are links to some examples of my art, from the last project I made on my own for Halloween.
sprites
CGs

I would prefer to work on a GxB game, but I am fine with just about any pairing or genre. My exception is that I will not draw explicit violent or sexual content.

The best way to contact me is through PM or tumblr messages, but I will also use Skype or email (anmeiart@gmail.com) to communicate with a group.

thank you for your time :)
Last edited by Anmeichan on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charlie599
Regular
Projects: (letters of) Devotion; Afterland

#45 Post by Charlie599 »

Hello! :D I'm looking to participate in NaNoRenO this year. It'll be my first time.

I'm a noobie writer/proofreader/editor that's ready to help. I'm willing to branch out to basic (very basic) programming and voice acting (it'll be a first but I'll be excited to try it out!).
Romance writing is what I'm best at, but I can try out new genres - that's why I'm here, right? I don't discriminate - I enjoy all genres, BxB or GxG, and I don't mind nudity/violence. I have a lot of free time on my hands at the moment (and for the foreseeable future).

I can communicate via forum Private Messages/TeamSpeak! Thank you~!