Princess of Ruin [otome, fantasy, visual novel] (commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

Re: Princess of Ruin [otome, fantasy, visual novel] (commerc

#16 Post by VenusEclipse »

@LadyAvori: Thanks a lot! ^_^

@Ladyhawke: Cool. It's so interesting to know which route you liked. Thanks a lot for playing it. :D

Meyismyname
Projects: Unplanned Amour, Last Stanza

#17 Post by Meyismyname »

I absolutely love this game! I've been a huge fan of all your games so far, and this one was well worth the money.
I don't have much right to say this, since I can't draw a stick figure, but in his finger-near-his-chin image, Kione has five fingers and a hidden thumb. So, five visible fingers, but his index finger is near his chin, meaning his thumb is hidden, which means he would have six fingers. I should probably play his route first before commenting on this in case it's a thing. Upon closer inspection of another image of him, I have concluded that he's not supposed to have six fingers, so I will proceed with posting this comment. XD

Meyismyname
Projects: Unplanned Amour, Last Stanza

#18 Post by Meyismyname »

Leafwing wrote:This is great news! I've been a fan of yours ever since I played Frozen Essence--which still remains one of my favorite otomes ever, because all the characters had unique personalities and interesting storylines. (My favorite guys would have to be Aurelius and You-Know-Hoodie.) Will try out the demo before making a choice, cause while I like purchasing, I'm still hurting from a recent splurge of Xmas gift shopping to indulge myself just yet. I'm sure it'll be great though, and I'm already eyeing some new guys to fav. (Cyraen, Kione, I'm looking at you!)

Just a question, do you have a recommended order for players to finish the storylines by? I know I enjoyed Frozen Essence a lot more when I saved You-Know-Hoodie for last, I don't know if you have some similar setup for Princess of Ruin as well?
I've been laughing at "You-Know-Hoodie" for about a day now since I read your comment, so I just wanted to say thanks for providing me with so much random amusement! :D

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#19 Post by frederic09 »

I finally completed all the 24 endings. I was a little bit disappointed, i have expected a 25th one, being the true end, something similar like for Frozen Essence. I don't know ? Raissa could have
replaced the Princess of Ruin, or saved her, giving the world the final true peace , or whatever it is ?
Otherwise it's a very very nice game and i liked it ^_^
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by philip »

I downloaded the demo six weeks or so ago and promptly forgot about it (sorry, have have a lot going on in my life - serious family illness and the like). Found it again today and started through it. When I read a VN, I always put a short notation next to the title, so that I can see at a glance what I thought of it; I have hundreds of VN's and KN's saved so I can't remember what I thought of each just by looking at the title. Anyway, as I started through Princess of Ruin, at the beginning, I was thinking that it was "OK"; going a little further, I decided that it was probably "GOOD"; deeper into it, I thought it was "VG"; and by the time I got to the end of the demo, I was thoroughly engrossed and convinced that is is "EXC+"! I am definitely hooked, and as soon as I have finished this post, I will be charging off to buy the full game.

A fantastic job, I like the art, the characters, the story - everything about it! Can hardly wait to continue.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#21 Post by VenusEclipse »

@Meyismyname:
Thanks for playing! I'm super glad you like the game. With the fingers part, I just sent you a pm.

@philip: You don't have to apologize for not trying the demo. I'm glad you did play it in the end!
I do admit the beginning is a little slow. And glad you like it in the end. ^_^

@frederic09:
I'm glad you liked it and happy you completed all endings!
You can choose your favorite ending as your chosen true end. ^_^
Some people didn't like it that there was a true end in Frozen Essence, and wanted to choose their own true end. It's partly why I didn't include a true ending here. I'm not sure if people prefer true ends in the end? ^^;

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#22 Post by distorsion »

Hey, played the demo, like it a lot, bought the full version. Just wanted to let you know I can't seem to load my saves from the demo version? When I try this happens.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
KeyError: u'_main_menu_screen'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 31, in script
return
File "/Users/MegaDissu/Downloads/PrincessofRuindistributions-all/renpy/ast.py", line 1329, in execute
renpy.game.context().pop_dynamic()
File "/Users/MegaDissu/Downloads/PrincessofRuindistributions-all/renpy/execution.py", line 222, in pop_dynamic
del store[k]
KeyError: u'_main_menu_screen'

Darwin-12.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.18.3.761
Princess of Ruin 1.4
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#23 Post by VenusEclipse »

Edit: Thanks for telling me. I'll update the demo since the demo's saves don't work with the current full version. Please just use the skip function for now. Sorry about that.

I updated the full version to v1.4 a few weeks ago (the demo is still v1.2 since there wasn't any changes there).
I'll test the demo and see if my saves work with the full version.
I may have to update the demo if my saves there don't work.

For now, just use the skip function. Sorry for the inconvenience. ^^;

Kirlett
Regular

#24 Post by Kirlett »

I loved the true end in Frozen Essence! In fact, it was the best and it's because of that ending that I love so much the game.
I would have liked this one more if it had one true ending too :)
But good work!

Aita

#25 Post by Aita »

Gosh...this...was really rewarding and satisfying. I got really attached to
my baes
the guys and found myself loving each of their paths. Honestly I wanted to hurt Alexander in many of the paths, I think adding a couple of 'Smack the living daylights out of this perv' or 'Boy you don't tell me what to do' would have been awesome. Lensha and Hazel were also really, REALLY, adorable.
I've loved all of your games, but this one really takes the cake. It was worth every penny, and I got hours of completely immersive gameplay out of it. Each path was so unique and it was fun
seeing the guys want to murder each other over the MC sometimes!
I can't wait to see what comes from you guys in the future!

Aquane
Veteran

#26 Post by Aquane »

Wow. I completely forgot I even got this game. Life got hectic right after my purchase and I just now saw it again on my computer. Anyway I haven't finished a route yet, but I'm on Kione's and I'm loving the story so far. My only gripe is that there's no portrait of the heroine in the corner. I like that feature that most VNs have because it keeps me better in touch with the protagonist's emotions by seeing their facial expressions. Other than maybe CGs that have her, we hardly get to see her. I haven't gotten one with her in it yet and I just started chapter 5.

Anyways, I'll have more feedback once I finish a few endings.

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#27 Post by VenusEclipse »

You can get this bundle for $18.89 here.
Princess of Ruin itself is $21.99 and the OST is $5, so you save just over eight dollars! :mrgreen:
Sale ends on Aug 14th.

@Aita: I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope you'll like the new project when it's revealed too!
@Aquane: The newest project I'm working on will have the main character portrait. :)

Aquane
Veteran

#28 Post by Aquane »

I've finished almost every ending now. I don't feel much like going for certain dark path dark endings so I think I'm finished. :) Anyway.. great game! I was a huge fan of frozen essence and when I saw that you made another game in the fantasy genre I was pretty excited. I was not let down! It's funny.. at first I thought I had made the mistake of accidentally choosing to play my favorite characters route first. (Kione) while I loved both his light and dark paths I was shocked to find that there were two other characters I liked more than Kione. Cyraen's path was amazing. Both light and dark had me on the edge of my seat. When it comes to Otome games I really dislike younger characters compared to the rest of the main cast, but Cyraen is my second favorite. I love how his route
is basically the core of the main story. I mean.. princess of ruin? She doesn't even show up in most routes and the game is named after her.
Another surprise was that I even liked Xallaun at all. He did noooot give me a good first impression... or second.. or third. Generally a flirty character is already on my sh*t list from the start, but it was shockingly
well justified
and so he wound up being my favorite.

Looking back on Frozen Essence I see quite a few improvements. The writing is a lot better and less drawn out. The game is still long, but I didn't find myself skimming some things like I did in FE. I've always liked your art style, but you have greatly improved since then. I notice some CGs look older than others (maybe my imagination) but overall very pretty artwork.

I'm not a professional reviewer or anything, but I wanted to express what I thought about this game. :) Also.. you are working on a new project? Awesome! Can't wait!

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#29 Post by VenusEclipse »

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
You don't need to be a professional reviewer. Any review from any player makes my day. :D

Kayber

#30 Post by Kayber »

So, I rarely leave reviews unless I really enjoy a game.

And, let me tell you, I really enjoyed this game.

I was surprised by how much I liked all the characters. Before I started, I noted the suggested route order that was given and I followed that to the letter (glad I did, too). I was pretty bummed that I wouldn't get to see Ralys or Kione for a little while because they were my favorite - and then I was absolutely shocked to discover myself getting to like Xallaun and Cyraen along the way. I, like another review, generally don't care for flirty or younger characters so...yeah. Surprise! Each of their stories totally made their character, and in all of the other routes, I felt kinda sad for them and just wanted to tell them it was all gonna turn out okay. (Seriously though, Xallaun killed me in every route after I did his).

Good job on getting me to like Zehl, by the way. I never in a million years could have imagined myself liking a character like that but, somehow, you did it. I like my men to be smart, witty, and wrapped in a frosty ball of ice - everything that Zehl is not - and yet I was still rooting for him all throughout his route.

Thank you for making each route very unique and interesting - that made things so much more satisfying in the end. There was so much material unique to each character that I didn't feel kind of...blah about all the other playthroughs like I usually do with games. I was able to get reattached to everyone fairly easily because of the massive amount of content that was created. Still, Ralys and Kione are adorbz and I want full-size pillows of them for reasons that I cannot disclose.

I played Frozen Essence ages ago and, I have to say, your art has improved tremendously. Amazing job there.

All in all...excellent job on this game. I can't praise it enough! I look forward to whatever you'll produce next, since everything you've made has been quality work thus far.