Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4591 Post by Rossfellow »

Sorry to take away from the ranting thread, but...

Since DS is still hot topic here, as a Monster Hunter enthusiast (Played Ragnarok Odyssey and Toukiden while waiting for MH4 Vita), will I be able to easily get into Dark Souls?
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

#4592 Post by ZennyZenZen »

Rossfellow wrote:Sorry to take away from the ranting thread, but...

Since DS is still hot topic here, as a Monster Hunter enthusiast (Played Ragnarok Odyssey and Toukiden while waiting for MH4 Vita), will I be able to easily get into Dark Souls?
As a guy who has played MH and Dark Souls, I just want to say, don't compare the two. MH is challenging in it's own way, and while it has similarities to Dark Souls, it's pretty much a different game altogether.

I recommend using a controller while playing Dark Souls if you don't want to complain about the controls, but they were perfectly fine for me even without it. The menu is a little confusing, but not difficult at all. it is, after all, meant to be a console game.

In MH, if you're facing a monster stronger than you, you want to have careful movements. Same goes for Dark Souls at almost every corner. Always remember what moves work and be doubly sure of your aim before you strike.

Oh... and pick the knight. There's many classes to choose from, but i think people complain because they choose classes other than the knight, thinking it's a boring class. If it's your first time playing Dark Souls, you should pick the knight. You can pick and choose other weapons and armor anyway.

I personally prefer the basic longsword, and switching to halberd in tricky situations. Don't assume you'll have better weapons through the game. Every weapon is unique to itself and has different move-sets, pick one you're comfortable with.

That's not to say there aren't cool weapons you can get as the game progresses. But don't think that with a cool weapon that you are invincible.

~~~~

I can't find a decent picture of a bar. My goodness. You'd think there would be a decent picture of a college bar, but I can't find any nice ones to use for my game. I've tried bar. Sports bar. College Bar. Comedy Club. Karaoke Bar. Scrolled down to the very bottom. No good ones.

So I'm gonna go take pictures of the bar near my place instead =.=

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#4593 Post by Razz »

I'm losing my marbles trying to find decent game trailer music. I've been all over audiojungle...free sites...just give me a decent fast tempo upbeat song. ;_; Waaahhhhh.

I almost wish my game was epic fantasy because there's good orchestra stuff all over.

ZennyZenZen
Regular

#4594 Post by ZennyZenZen »

A few months ago, my mom set me up real bad.

I've always been the kid who NEVER asks for things from my parents. Simply because I don't want them to call me spoiled. All my friends, or let's say kids around me, were spoiled brats in comparison. While I was satisfied just writing and drawing stuff with a pencil and paper.

During college my mom asked me why I never ask for things and I answered because I don't want them to think of me as being spoiled. Mom told me that I shouldn't think like that, we have some money now, and if I want anything, I should feel free to ask.

So I asked for a drawing tablet, Marshall Headphones, a laptop to replace my old broken one. And they were delivered.

And then we got in a fight and she dares call me spoiled and I can't fucking say anything back at her. Fuck.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4595 Post by Rinima »

ZennyPai wrote:Marshall Headphones, and a laptop to replace my old broken one. And they were delivered.

And then we got in a fight and she dares call me spoiled and I can't fucking say anything back at her. Fuck.
*low whistle* Wish I was given stuff like that ;~;

What was the argument about?
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#4596 Post by potouto »

Razz wrote:I'm losing my marbles trying to find decent game trailer music. I've been all over audiojungle...free sites...just give me a decent fast tempo upbeat song. ;_; Waaahhhhh.

I almost wish my game was epic fantasy because there's good orchestra stuff all over.
Talk about upbeat songs, have you tried this site, yet?? They have a very nice collection of cutesy upbeat songs!!

yeah well | commission | website

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4597 Post by Rinima »

My laptop died on me and I've tried everything to get it working again. I think my hard drive died. So I might as well get a new laptop *sighs* Farewell £400 of my £550 months salary ;~;

At least I don't have to wait long since I get paid tomorrow...

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#4598 Post by thebackup »

Rinima wrote:My laptop died on me and I've tried everything to get it working again. I think my hard drive died. So I might as well get a new laptop *sighs* Farewell £400 of my £550 months salary ;~;

Hope you got your data backed up.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4599 Post by Rinima »

thebackup wrote:
Rinima wrote:My laptop died on me and I've tried everything to get it working again. I think my hard drive died. So I might as well get a new laptop *sighs* Farewell £400 of my £550 months salary ;~;

Hope you got your data backed up.
I have all the important stuff backed up yea :) *coughgamestuffcough*

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#4600 Post by Fenrir34 »

Today just isn't a very good day for me. Am still getting over a crappy cold that I have no idea who I got it from. No one's been sick around me. Left this morning without my wallet and so I'm driving around in fear since I don't have my license(man was that stupid). And I had a panic attack in class today so I just got up and left. I'm more scared with this since I can't miss anymore. Right now I'm in Health Care Services waiting to see someone. Uh, really hate being anxious. Just feel really alone....

ZennyZenZen
Regular

#4601 Post by ZennyZenZen »

I feel useless and worthless. I feel like I've been lied to. I feel like I can't ever amount to anything.

I was given a month to do a bit of project and I procrastinated. I mean, sure I made more progress than my classmates but the fact that I didn't do shit means I'm worthless garbage.

I just want to run away from responsibility for a long period of time. I just want to be able to get high all day for a year or so with all my closest friends.

I want to run away from the expectations of my parents. Just knowing that they're expecting big things from me makes me want to huddle in a corner and die.

And alas, I fall into the depths of depression once again.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#4602 Post by mugenjohncel »

Let's have a recap of my miserable life... so far...

I've been relieved of my position as CEO (of my OWN company) because they say I am too sick and bound to wheelchair to lead (ungrateful bastards) and demoted me to of all positions... Marketing Head where I ironically now have to work even harder to make sure clients are steadily flowing...

Malaysia is a very nice country, nice internet, nice people that can speak English, nice food, not much traffic (unlike Manila) and the WiFi on "most" public places seems to work and would have been perfect... if only my laptop wasn't "MISPLACED" by those baggage guys. Luckily it wasn't stolen... just misplaced and was returned to me with it's contents intact a few day later.

Thanks to the above, I missed my flight and had to wait for two days to get to another.

Also, I cannot contact office when I badly needed due to all Internet and phones at that time being jammed thanks to Papal Visit.

Barely a day back home, due to circumstances beyond my control, I am being "REQUESTED" to return to of all places... MALAYSIA to save and fix a "deal" that I didn't even make that went awry (though I have "some" hand with it at it's later stages) and the Malaysian clients "demanded" that a representative who is familiar with the deal be thrown flown there which automatically means I have to go back there in about 4 days from now...

So yes, I... who is demoted, still recovering from stroke that left me bound to a wheelchair, suffering from a disease that I'd rather not discuss here is being tossed here and there like a rag doll under pressure to retain and bring in existing clients by the very Company that I formed out of love and passion (and profit of course)...

Not only I am behind schedule on everything to NaNoRenO to Bunbun's BG's... I feel like my head is about to explode for being way too pressured... and I still have to fly back to Malaysia to face a "Hostile Client"... I feel like I'm about to have a Heart Attack in a foreign land...

"POOF" (Disappears)

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#4603 Post by noeinan »

Ouch, that's horrible Uncle Mugen. :( I hope things get better for you soon, sending good feelings.

Squid
Regular

#4604 Post by Squid »

That blows, Mugen...

Also, I'm just going to say this:
I almost crapped myself when I saw you in a VN, before I joined this forum.
Your hair is as long as mine! O.O
Not used to seeing guys with long hair in games, which is a true pity.

I've had lots of problems a bit ago, considering myself cursed....
But now my GF has my bad luck, instead.
I feel guilty, but if I told her that, she'd probably be upset ^^"

Boomsickle
Regular
Completed: Victorian Olives

#4605 Post by Boomsickle »

Some time ago i was diagnosed with depression.