Dreaming Hearts Productions is looking for an Artist(s)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
DreamingHearts
Projects: Dreaming Hearts
Deviantart: orionfantasy

Dreaming Hearts Productions is looking for an Artist(s)

#1 Post by DreamingHearts »

Hello everyone,

I am the owner of Dreaming Hearts Productions and even though we are just starting to break into the Otome Game field, I am really excited for the upcoming projects! The projects have all been planned out and writing has begun but that is the extent of the progress.

We are currently working on four Otome Games but we have come to the point in the production that we now need artists! This is a position that will not be paid but we are going to have a donation button so people can donate to the project, if any donations are given, it will be split between myself and you (the artist) 50/50.

The four games are as following ::
Love Trials :: A mysterious key sends a young woman into a world where the four lords of the elements are fighting for her attention and love. (artist position pending)
BloodLines :: A young vampire princess is forced to find love with one of the four suitors of foreign vampire princes.
Companions :: A young veterinarian finds that during the full moon, her furry clients turn into human males!
Broken Halo :: A young noble female finds herself thrust into the sexy world of angels and demons after her birthday ball.

Please note that you do not have to work on all four games!

We are looking for someone who is willing to work with me with character design as well as do all the artwork for the story itself. We already have a composer for the music and proof readers / editors for the projects but we are now in need of the visual aspects of the games.

If you are wanting to help with the art, please know that these games will be slowly forming. Every member of the team so far has either work, school, and/or families to tend to so you will not be pressured to work at a fast pace.

If you are interested, please feel free to either respond here or send me a private message but please remember to include some art samples!

To view the webpage that is slowly coming together please visit :: http://www.vivid-dreams.org/dreaminghearts/!

annpan
Regular
Projects: Death Pledge -Wish of Blood-
Organization: Broken Wisteria or Qian.
Tumblr: waterlilyvn

Re: Dreaming Hearts Productions is looking for an Artist(s)

#2 Post by annpan »

I'm interested with Bloodlines, though how is princess forced? She clearly has supernatural powers...

DreamingHearts
Projects: Dreaming Hearts
Deviantart: orionfantasy

#3 Post by DreamingHearts »

The story centers around the princess coming to age and her parents forcing her to marry.

annpan
Regular
Projects: Death Pledge -Wish of Blood-
Organization: Broken Wisteria or Qian.
Tumblr: waterlilyvn

#4 Post by annpan »

DreamingHearts wrote:The story centers around the princess coming to age and her parents forcing her to marry.
Oh, arranged marriage! I'm sure she has free-will, so what's stopping her? Not being able live without her parents? Sorry for all the questions. If you have me as an artist then I'll love to join (will be a little slow due to my own project). This will depend on two things if we are to proceed further: a pm details about the character appearances (I'll decide) and concept art by me (You decide).

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#5 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I don't want to be a massive downer, but in the interests of saving people both time and effort, in what way do you think you will be able to handle creating 4 games at once? Do you have previous experience and released games not listed?

I speak from personal experience in that even releasing one game is extremely difficult, especially around work or school. The only people even remotely being successful at juggling multiple titles at once have budgets to hire people. I think you are biting off approximately 4x more than you can chew, so I think the best advice I can offer is that you pick 1 title to work on and put all your efforts into that.

Good luck in whichever direction you choose! :)