Our Personal Space [Sci-fi] [Relationship Sim] [Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

Re: Our Personal Space [Sci-fi] [Relationship Sim] [Free]

#16 Post by qirien »

@Fenrir34 - Thanks for your kind words! That's funny that you named the MC Andrea, because that is my name IRL... :-D I think you are right that more hard things could've happened, or bad things with lasting consequences (most problems seem to be over pretty quickly)... it was so hard to write
Josephine's scenes
, but I think they turned out well, so I'm going to take that as a lesson to not shy away from writing the hard stuff! Actually, you probably didn't get this, but if you have a bad relationship with your husband, there are some really sad parts there, too... :-(

@Godline - Ahhhh, so sad! Hopefully you were trying for that ending....? I'm glad you enjoyed the variety of people; I really wanted the people to feel real, not like cliches, but like people that could be your neighbors.

If anyone needs a walkthrough or advice on how to unlock all the items in the gallery, I could post something...
Finished games:

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#17 Post by Fenrir34 »

You did a really good job on your first game though =). And you don't always have to add super dramatic scenes. And I haven't gotten all the endings so I need to see that XD. I got ending 3 though and was very satisfied with it =). And really 0_0? That's hilarious XD. I named her that because it's a really pretty name. It's cool you have that name as well.

SapphireDragon
Deviantart: snowhummingbird

#18 Post by SapphireDragon »

I am loving this game! xD I'm on my second playthrough so far. ^.^

I love all the funny stuff, like Jack's personality and random things he says, and how the community interacts with each other. This is wonderful!

I just played the part about making lye soap. Have you made it before? Or did you find really awesome instructions? I have made lye and lye soap before, and reading it was really reminding me of all that. It was really accurate. Especially the last bit about warning that the soap needs to set for a long time and that it could still be really strong!

And the goats! xD They reminded me of my little herd of pygmy goats and why my family bought them. To clear land, fertilizer, and to keep the other animals company. xD

Thank you!

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by qirien »

@SapphireDragon I haven't made lye soap before, but I tried to research everything really well. All the technology and stuff they make is based on actual things people have done (even the plastic made by bacteria!). So I'm glad my research paid off! :)
Finished games:

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#20 Post by KittyKatStar »

Did a playthrough, I really loved the couple life - could relate to a lot of the cheesy banter between them. Also loved the research put into it. Great job. ^^

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#21 Post by Haze »

Finished it not to long ago; I got the "Making it Work" ending. This game was really good! Even though it's a life sim, there are events going on almost every day, meaning I don't feel like I'm grinding to the next plot point. :lol:
The mix of serious and fun events felt very realistic. Not everything is going to be perfect in a marriage, and not everything is going to go well when populating a new planet, which you showed quite well.

When Sam(the name I choose for the wife, I kept Jack's name, though) was feeling sick, I was legitimately worried about her. I was hoping that whatever she had wasn't serious. Then, I discovered she was pregnant, and that worry turned into a jolt of happiness. That part was written so well! I really had no idea Sam was pregnant, and it was so nice to find out!

I also liked how, after becoming pregnant, you can say that to the mayor when he asks why you haven't worked as hard lately. That was a nice touch!

Quick question: is the gender of the baby randomized, or is it always a girl? In game, Sam had a girl, so I'm just wondering.
Overall, this is a very good game. Very nice work!
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by qirien »

@KittyKatStar thank you! :)
@Haze Yeah, I can't stand grinding days in sim games... :) In case you're curious,
The baby is always a girl, if you have a baby.
Finished games:

SapphireDragon
Deviantart: snowhummingbird

#23 Post by SapphireDragon »

@qirien You did really well! xD I'd say it really paid off!

I loved the digging the cellar too. That's something I've always wanted to do. <3
Ou! And you even added plastic by bacteria! That's awesome! (Haven't found it yet).

I love this so much! <3

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#24 Post by Godline »

Haze wrote:Finished it not to long ago; I got the "Making it Work" ending. This game was really good! Even though it's a life sim, there are events going on almost every day, meaning I don't feel like I'm grinding to the next plot point. :lol:
I need to play again and get that ending. :) It's just my husband was kind of being a dick with not helping out with the chores so I wanted to leave him behind and hook up with Brennan. But it would be nicer to make things work. ;)

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#25 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I've finished my first NG+ run and unlocked the "Love Grows" ending. I was pleasantly surprised at how many more options and scenes were available with more skill points! I thought there might only be a few things I missed, but I was glad to see that wasn't the case.

I chose a different occupation this time too, so I saw a slightly different possible side of the MC, which was cool. I was a teacher the first time through, but being a doctor this time offered more detail about various medical conditions. Nice touch, that.

Now I've just got the last ending left. I'll be back to post more feedback once I can force myself to break Jack's heart . . .
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Lucky-pon

#26 Post by Lucky-pon »

I really liked this game, it was cute, refreshing (and realistic) :) I got the "Making it Work" Ending, so I'm gonna try the others.

Are you gonna put online a walkthrough of the game ?

And it's very cool that there is an Android version, I was able to play it before sleeping, it was nice !

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by qirien »

Ohh, it's kind of sad if you save the bad ending for last... :cry:

I'm glad you liked the Android version! If it's not too much trouble, could you write a little review on the Google Play site? That would really help! :D

I will write up an Endings Guide and post it after this!
Finished games:

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by qirien »

Our Personal Space Gallery Unlock Guide
First, a word about the mechanics of this game:
Your ending depends on two stats - your relationship with your husband ("loved"), and your contributions to the community "community_level". Small things will be different depending on your job, the skills you picked, and whether you chose to have a baby or not.

"loved" increases by spending time with your husband during free time, and also by choosing honest, kind options during other sequences. You can tell how high this stat is by looking at the big red heart on the computer pad.

"community_level" increases by going to work, maxing out skills, and doing other things to benefit the community (helping other colonists, sharing, working hard). There's not really a way to view this stat directly.

There's one more stat, "relaxed", that doesn't directly affect the ending, but will affect some of the choices you see. How relaxed/stressed she is is indicated by the main character's expression on the computer pad screen. If she's worried and stressed out, she won't have as many loving and patient options. She becomes stressed by going to work, as well as during stressful events. You can become more relaxed by taking time of work or spending time alone (as well as a few other things, like soaking in hot springs/bath... just like Harvest Moon :wink: ).
From the main menu under "Extras", you can choose Gallery to see what you've unlocked so far. Below I'll tell how to unlock each of these, plus some rare scenes that aren't in the Gallery but are interesting!

Arriving on Talaam
You can't miss this one. Just get to the new planet.

Return to Earth
This is the ending where they get divorced. If you've had an affair with Brennan, the two of you will be together. If you've had a baby, you bring the baby with you.

You can get this ending by being mean to your husband and lazy in the community. (loved <= 0, community_level < 40) If both of these are low enough and you did not just have a baby, in Month 23 you can tell your husband that you want to leave, and in Month 24 Brennan will invite you to come with him. It's harder to get this option if you choose to have a baby, but possible. You just have to never go to work, don't max any skills unless you have to, and always be mean to the community and your husband.

Having an affair with Brennan is not required for this ending, but it is a pretty difficult option to get. First, your relationship with your husband needs to be very low, and you need to talk with Brennan in Month 9 and have lunch with him in Month 18. Then, in Month 21, you need to investigate Brennan's battery problem and end up with him telling you everything in his room. When he asks what you will do, say "I won't tell if..." and then choose "kiss me".

This changes events in month 23. Depending on how good/bad your relationship is with your husband, you can either call it a mistake and try to get your husband to forgive you, or you can forget about him and just enjoy some time with Brennan.
Making it Work
This is the "good" ending. You will get this if your loved and community_level are high enough not to get the bad ending, but not really high ((loved < 35) or (community_level < 60)). You can get this ending by sometimes being mean, trying out lots of different skills, but also sometimes spending time with your husband.
Just the Two of Us
This is the CG you get during the good or best ending if you do not have a baby yet. To not have a baby, at the very beginning on the shuttle when he asks if you want to have kids, choose "That's really crazy" and "She would probably fall off". Or "I don't know" and "Maybe in a few years/Maybe never". You still get this CG if you get pregnant during month 23.
Love Grows
The "best" ending requires you to have both high love, and high community_level (loved >= 35 and community_level >= 60). In order to do this, you should make sure the MC never gets too stressed out. If she appears worried or sad on the monthly computer screen, you can spend time alone. You can also miss work up to 3 times without penalty, which increases relax a lot.

In order to increase your community_level the most, it helps to max as many skills as possible. This is easiest on New Game+, but is possible the first time through. The Domestic skill tree probably has the most chances to increase community_level through ordinary skill events.

You can get this ending with or without a baby.
The Face of the Future
This is the CG you get during the good or best ending if you have a baby in month 24.
If you have unlocked all three endings, you will unlock the "Omake" under "Extras". Just a little Brennan side story. :)

Other Challenges
Did you figure out how to make plastic from bacteria?
Try the Knowledge skill!
Did you win a contest at the party in month 20?
First, choose "Contests" as the entertainment of the party.
Then, if your physical is high, enter the wood-chopping contest. If your creative or technical is high, try space ship construction. If your knowledge or spiritual is high, try the Trivia contest. If your domestic is high, try Adamantium Chef.
Did you become a deputy mayor?
Try the Social skill!
Did you discover who the shampoo thief was in month 22?
You can use a high spiritual/social skill to talk to everyone, a high technical skill to catch the thieves on camera, or look for clues with a high knowledge skill.
Did you discover geysers and a natural hot spring?
Try the Physical skill!
I think that's everything! Let me know if there's any other mechanics or endings questions!
Finished games:

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

#29 Post by YossarianIII »

I downloaded this figuring I'd try something outside my comfort zone and was pleasantly surprised!

Relationship sims don't have a huge appeal for me on their own, but you added a lot of stuff that a "crossover" audience like me can enjoy.

The biggest strength was the ensemble of characters. Some of them only get a few lines, but you did a good job of creating a sense of community beyond the two central characters.

I also appreciated the humor. While the game doesn't quite go for belly laughs, it has sort of a low-key natural good humor to it that suits the characters and the situation well.

Good job!

(Also, for what it's worth, I named the main character "El-P" and the husband "Killer Mike" after the rap duo, accidentally giving the game more of a "bromantic" vibe than a romantic one... I always enjoy when creators let us give the names!)

Image Image

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#30 Post by Haze »

Thanks for releasing the guide! All the details are quite interesting...
...especially the relax stat! I mean, I saw that Sam(sorry; I can't bring myself to call her "the MC" for whatever reason) could be stressed and have a high blood pressure, but it's definitely deeper than I thought! A very interesting mechanic!

Also, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to get the "Return to Earth" ending on my own, so thanks for talking about it. It would be too sad, seeing the couple split. And honestly, that's a testament to the great characters you've created!
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon