Circum[N]avigate [SciFiFantasy][Otome]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Circum[N]avigate [SciFiFantasy][Otome]

#1 Post by teacup »

TITLE
Circum[N]avigate

GENRE

Science fiction, fantasy, mystery, romance

STORY

Tà pánta rheî kaì oudèn ménei.

"Everything flows, nothing stands still."

Althea, an orphaned girl living with a man she knows only as "Grandpa" and her friend Reimei, lives on a corrupt, disease-ridden planet - Earth, but this is not the Earth that you know. Destroyed by pollution, natural disasters, and electronic waste, the parts of the world that are still livable have been seized by a group of powerful figures called the Regime. Wielding the Divine-blessed power of mana, the Regime has separated the region into two parts - Upper, where the rich reside and live beyond the pollutants, and Lower, where the poor are forced to live under strict rules and the threat of execution should they fall ill. Almost all of the modern conveniences from the Past World have been banned, and life has become rural as it was thousands of years prior.

Althea works as an apprentice messenger, a vital link between Upper and Lower regions. She possesses a device called a 'cirna' - a flying staff that allows her access to the surrounding cities. With the power to travel, Althea is witness to the dilemmas that plague so many... but she won't be able to change anything on her own, for the true root of the problems are much larger than anyone really knows.

HEROINE

Althea
An orphan and apprentice messenger, work is Althea’s main focus. A tenacious girl, she never minces her words and can come across as uptight, but she is actually quite passionate about helping those in need. Her belief in goodness in the world is both a flaw and an admirable trait.

CHARACTERS WITH ROUTES

Reimei
Reimei and Althea have had a close bond since childhood. Moody and easy to rile up, Reimei can be a pain to be around, but he will do anything to protect Althea and make her smile. Although he is lazy and could spend his days doing nothing but eating, he takes his apprenticeship seriously. He is also surprisingly smart - Reimei taught himself to read, and has a lot of knowledge about the Past.

Fain
Well-mannered and friendly, Fain is a young man who lives alone in Myrnas, the nearest Upper Region to Vallea. Althea usually finds him sleeping at odd times and odder places, leading her to believe that he may have narcolepsy. Fain enjoys the simple things in life, from drinking tea to cleaning his home (it's always spotless). There are times when Althea catches him lost in thought, and he can come across as quite an airhead because of it.

Haku
Haku is a thief that Althea meets in the marketplace. He is a tricky person who can tell lies with an honest face and easily talk himself out of bad situations. Haku has no regard for laws or respecting others, doing whatever must be done to get his way. He has a nihilistic view on life and enjoys dangerous situations.

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS (sprites soon)

'Grandpa'
Strict but reliable, Grandpa is the guardian of Althea and Reimei. He teaches them the ways of Messenging, though he does not fly himself due to his age. It is unknown what his relation to Althea and Reimei is and why he willingly adopted them. He can be overly severe, but he means well.

Elreine
The spokesperson of the Regime. Those who dislike the Regime view Elreine as the personification of evil and corruption itself. On the other hand, some praise him as a hero for his efforts to create a better world.

Dahlia
This world's idea of 'God', Dahlia is the Goddess who replenished mana to the dying planet in an effort to save it. Many statues have been carved in her likeness and she is universally worshiped. The Regime are said to be able to communicate with her, but whether or not this is true is widely debated. Her existence has created the religion of Dahl, in which weekly worships and praises through song are expected of its followers.

PROGRESS

Story Plan - 100%
Music – 100%
Backgrounds – 100%
Characters Sprites – 70%
Event CGs – 0%
Custom GUI - 100%

Script:
Prologue - 100%
Common route - 100%
Individual routes - 50%

Estimated Release Date - Fall-Winter 2015

SCREENSHOTS

A COUPLE OF THINGS...

-This will be a pay-what-you-want game. That means you can play it for free, or donate however much you'd like - whatever works best for you!

-If you'd like, please tell me what kind of features you would like to see in this game. I'll also answer any questions you may have about the plot or characters~

-And finally... it feels good to be back at Lemmasoft! Although I've been away for a while due to school and personal issues, I'm still very passionate about visual novels and am finally inspired to make them again! I hope you'll all welcome me back. ^_^
Last edited by teacup on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

Re: Circum[N]avigate [SciFiFantasy][Otome]

#2 Post by potouto »

Oh welcome back to LSF c':
I have been following this since the old thread (also (P)planet 2, which is a shame)
Haku is always my favorite, look at that cutie (°∀°)b
Hope you have best luck with this time around.

yeah well | commission | website

sorani
Veteran

#3 Post by sorani »

Welcome Back! I'm happy you're still making games XD
Love the new art, you improved a lot! Good luck with this game, it's awesome that you're still working on it :D

khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#4 Post by khnachi »

Welcome back! So happy to hear you're still passionate about making visual novels. I've been keeping an eye on circum[n]avigate's old thread too and I'm so happy to see the project active again. Best of luck to you and this game! :mrgreen:

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#5 Post by Reikun »

Welcome back!!!!!! Waaahh I love everyone's outfit designs! I'm also curious about the "Tà pánta rheî kaì oudèn ménei." Did you make up a cool fancy language for this game??? :D Good luck with this project and I'm looking forward to seeing it complete!!!!! <3
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#6 Post by Pyonkotchi »

:^0!!!
Welcome back aaa!!!!!!
I'm really glad you see you back again! you're arts improved a lot too im really looking forward to playing this good luck >o<

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#7 Post by azureXtwilight »

Welcome back, teacup! Good luck on your upcoming game, it's great to see you wandering the forums once again~

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#8 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Welcome back!!! So excited for this ❤️
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

#9 Post by Doomzilla »

Wow, the art is beautiful! I love the premise too (woo sci-fi!!) I'm glad to see you're back and creating! ^^

yoshibb
Veteran

#10 Post by yoshibb »

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited to see you working on a new game! I absolutely loved Planets.

ixWishing
Veteran

#11 Post by ixWishing »

Welcome back Teacup! I'm glad you're working Circum[N]avigate!
Hopefully you'll find CG artists to help you soon, so good luck to you! ^^;;
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#12 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Teacup's back. So nice to see. Looking forward to the game :)

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#13 Post by MaiMai »

Glad to see you back! The premise of your game sounds really fun and I wish you good luck on working on this!
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#14 Post by KittyKatStar »

Welcome back! I love the premise and good luck with it. :)

Moon20
Regular

#15 Post by Moon20 »

Welcome back Teacup we have missed you and thank you for working with this VN again.
I'm really looking forward to this VN very much.

I have one question.
Did you not have plans to reopdatere Planets life Of happyness?
With new ending and other things