StARSHIP: ANDROMEDA [GXB/Otome game][NaNoRenO 2015]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Awesomepigman
Organization: dtsgreg

StARSHIP: ANDROMEDA [GXB/Otome game][NaNoRenO 2015]

#1 Post by Awesomepigman »

StARSHIP: ANDROMEDA
starship.jpg
Summary:
Aria Stroud is a private in the intergalactic army assigned to a squad in charge of capturing the leader of a group of terrorizing space pirates and taking him into custody. It is her and her squads job to complete the mission, failure or death of the pirate leader will be detrimental to young Aria's cause.

Characters:
Aria Stroud
ariaport.png
A young private in the intergalactic army. She is level-headed and ready to strike at a moments notice. A force to be reckoned with.

Lee Hinsey
leehinsey.jpg
Close friend to Aria. Assigned to the same squad to capture the pirate leader. A love interest.

Hroar
hroar.jpg
A strange alien mercenary Aria meets at a trade post. He seems to have the same objective as the squad and vows to help them but the full story is left a mystery. A love interest.

Gamplay:
The game will have several locations on board the Starship ANDROMEDA that the player can visit. The player can raise Aria's stats through training and other unique ways that will help her complete her mission. The player can also choose to spend time with Lee or Hroar to possibly raise their romance levels.

Progress/Updates:
I will be making update post once a week until the end of the month when the game will be uploaded for NaNoRenO.
Current Progress is as follows:
Script: 0%
Sprites: 25%
GUI: 0%
Music: 0%
Backgrounds: 0%
(While officially there's hardly anything, a full outline of the gameplay and script is done along with sketches of the gui, backgrounds, and cg's.)

Currently there are 5 endings planned and 2 love interests. If we have time we will add a third love interest along with 2 more endings. There are also currently 8-10 cg's planned these are also reliant on time.

DtsGreg
This game is being made by a two women team under the team name DtsGreg. I (awesomepigman) am the coder, artist, and co-writer. My friend Kassikatastrofy helps write, come up with ideas and is here in general for moral support. Also because I'm just too lazy without her.

Have a happy NaNoRenO!
Last edited by Awesomepigman on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

kassikatastrofy
Tumblr: kassikatastrofy
Deviantart: kassikatastrofy

Re: StARSHIP: ANDROMEDA [GXB/Otome game][NaNoRenO 2015]

#2 Post by kassikatastrofy »

Woohoo! Here for moral support!

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#3 Post by KittyKatStar »

I really like Hroar's design, along with the premise. Sci-fi and hunting down space pirates? Yes please.

I love how Aria is a force to be reckoned with, and super cute at the same time. My favourite type of MCs.

Good luck with nanoing you two. =)

Awesomepigman

#4 Post by Awesomepigman »

kassikatastrofy wrote:Woohoo! Here for moral support!
I'm sure you are. ^.~ (but really I would do nothing if I didn't feel pressured to not be lazy)
KittyKatStar wrote:I really like Hroar's design, along with the premise. Sci-fi and hunting down space pirates? Yes please.

I love how Aria is a force to be reckoned with, and super cute at the same time. My favourite type of MCs.

Good luck with nanoing you two. =)
Thank you! Hroar was Kassi's idea she really wanted a "sexy red alien". As for the sci-fi we normally do medieval fantasy stuff so it was a nice break from that. And as for Aria I have an affection to cute things that could destroy everything ^.^. Once again thank you! I know I just created an account for NaNo but I've stalked the forums for forever and loved Autumn's Journey! (Kas is a fan too).

Awesomepigman

#5 Post by Awesomepigman »

Update:
I have Aria's sprite complete and lineart for Hroar done. The script is in progress as well.

Here's a peek at Aria:
aria.png
Happy NaNo-ing Everybody!

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#6 Post by Deji »

Woo! I love the designs and that sprite is so pretty!
Good luck!! :D
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#7 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Ooo, sci-fi AND pirates! I love both of them. I wish you the best of luck with the project!

The sprites eyes are a little unfocused, sometimes put a little dot where the pupils should be when looking in the same direction before I draw the rest of the eye, maybe that will help you :)

Awesomepigman

#8 Post by Awesomepigman »

Update!!!

Sorry for the wait but I'm finally updating!
Deji wrote:Woo! I love the designs and that sprite is so pretty!
Good luck!! :D
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Of course not as pretty as yours ^.^ (seriously though your art looks so professional and I adore it)
Auro-Cyanide wrote:Ooo, sci-fi AND pirates! I love both of them. I wish you the best of luck with the project!

The sprites eyes are a little unfocused, sometimes put a little dot where the pupils should be when looking in the same direction before I draw the rest of the eye, maybe that will help you :)
Thank you! I wish you the best of luck too! I'm really looking forward to The Blind Griffon!
Also I noticed the eyes were wonky as well and actually scrapped them/redrew them because I didn't like how much they matched the hair... I can't say they're perfect but I like them better. Here's the new portrait:
ariaport.png
Progress:
I don't have much to show because I don't want to spoile to much as the game is very short and small but I can tell you my progress and some small things ^.~

First new stuff! There will less full cgs but a ton of chibi cgs. Here's a small peak at one:
aria chibi cg.jpg
Also there will be 7 endings and a third romance option!

Here's the specifics:
Sprites: Done!
Cgs: 1 full finished, 3 chibi sketched
Script: A detailed outline is done (I wanted to be accurate so I questioned a friend on military/navy ranks so I knew exactly how characters would refer to each other.)
Backgrounds: 0 done u.u, but work on them starts this week ^.^
Music: Will be creative commons
GUI: ALMOST DONE. As soon as its polished to my liking I will post pictures!
Code: Started but no where near finished XD (Of course it will come along nicely once the image maps are done for location/travel)

Well that's all for now! I'll post again when I have pictures of the GUI!

yoshibb
Veteran

#9 Post by yoshibb »

Sci fi is my second favorite setting behind fantasy, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. Also, I really love your art style. It's very clean and unique, and I think it really suits the setting you are working in. I really can't wait to see the final designs of the male sprites.

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#10 Post by Harliqueen »

So looking forward to this one! Sci-Fi is one of my faves and this sounds amazing.

I absolutely love Aria's sprite and the colouring on her hair :)
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)