You & Me - P4 fangame [P4HeroxYosuke] [Comedy] [BxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Cube
Regular
Completed: You and Me | Love is in Bloom
Projects: Ego Holic
Tumblr: qbstudios
itch: qbstudios

You & Me - P4 fangame [P4HeroxYosuke] [Comedy] [BxB]

#1 Post by Cube »

The complete version is now online! Check out this thread :3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, the title is too long to fit into the subject of this thread.

UPDATE

The full version of the game will be released on Dec 24th, 2015!

ABOUT

'You and Me' is a Visual Novel based on ATLUS’ franchise Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 evolving around the Protagonist’s (aka Souji Seta) and Yosuke Hanamura’s epic bromance.

The game is devided in 2 parts: The first part, where Souji tries to woo the player/Yosuke, and then the 'route' you've chosen, aka the big mess that has to be fixed. Prepare for a lot of awful/hilarious pick-up lines and gut-wrenching angst.

The timeframe you’ll read takes place after Naoto’s rescue around the end of September 2011.

You’ll be able to pick from different options and earn affection points which determine the route you’ll read.

The routes playable are:

The routes are based on their respective tales and meanings.

The whole Investigation Team, Nanako, Margaret, Personas, Shadows and hidden characters (which will be slightly different for those who know other SMT games) will make appearance in the game.

The rating will be T/M, because of swearing, violence, death, homoerotic subtext and homophobia.

DISCLAIMER

I do not own anything - no characters, no music, no graphics. ATLUS owns it all. Credit is given accordingly. There is no money made with this.

03/20 - new demo!
DOWNLOAD (DEMO)
Windows | Mac

SCREENSHOTS

Image Image

PROGRESS

10/15 update!

Script:
  • 1st part (pick-up lines)
    - Jack Frost - 100%
    - Mara - 100%
  • 2nd part
    - Ishtar route - 100% (2 Endings)
    - Orpheus route - 100% (2 Endings)
  • Epilogue - 100%
GUI:
I have no fancy GUI, but it's all done so far.

Programming:
100% DONE

Videos / Calendar animation:
100% DONE

LINKS

If you want to keep being updated, you can find the tumblr of this project HERE.
Our teampage is also up HERE.

NOTES

English isn't my first language, so feel free to point out any mistakes. Or anything else.
This project is solely made by me - and it's my first Visual Novel so far. Let me know what you think about it so far! I tried my hardest to keep it canon-compliant and 'IC' (in character), so feedback is highly appreciated.
Last edited by Cube on Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.

annpan
Regular
Projects: Death Pledge -Wish of Blood-
Organization: Broken Wisteria or Qian.
Tumblr: waterlilyvn

Re: You & Me - P4 fangame [P4HeroxYosuke] [Comedy] [BxB]

#2 Post by annpan »

Oh! A Persona fangame. Were you inspired by the persona Q life time partners? I want to see this. haha

Cube
Regular

#3 Post by Cube »

annpan wrote:Oh! A Persona fangame. Were you inspired by the persona Q life time partners? I want to see this. haha
Actually, I'm working on this since April 2014. When PQ got out in Europe and I finally got to play it, it just confirmed a few things for me ^^ (Especially the Dating Café.) Feel free to play the demo if you like!

annpan
Regular
Projects: Death Pledge -Wish of Blood-
Organization: Broken Wisteria or Qian.
Tumblr: waterlilyvn

#4 Post by annpan »

Cube wrote:
annpan wrote:Oh! A Persona fangame. Were you inspired by the persona Q life time partners? I want to see this. haha
Actually, I'm working on this since April 2014. When PQ got out in Europe and I finally got to play it, it just confirmed a few things for me ^^ (Especially the Dating Café.) Feel free to play the demo if you like!
hehe, okay. I will and I'll tell you about it. It's too bad it's only Yosuke though. You should make all the guys dateable to cover your bases.

Cube
Regular

#5 Post by Cube »

So yeah, the extended demo is out!

DOWNLOAD (DEMO)
Windows | Mac

That covers around 50% of the story (when you play one route), but like 1/3 of the whole thing.
Feel free to leave your opinion either here or on my tumblr.

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#6 Post by ebi-hime »

Aaaw, this VN is too cute! I really enjoyed this! Being a fan of Yosuke/Souji and all, haha~
Some of the pick up lines made me snort. I think I actually started laughing at one point, which doesn't usually happen when I read things.
I also like how you're using the story to make Yosuke into a more decent, less overtly homophobic character, but doing so in a way that feels rather natural and in character. All his troubles made me want to give him a hug ;-;
I was so sad nearly all the options I had to respond with were negative haha. But it fit Yosuke well.
And the animations you have going between each day is so smoooth. How did you do that? Are they video files? o:
I was sad when this ended, I wanted to play all of it! So, do your best! I hope you can finish it! >w<
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

Cube
Regular

#7 Post by Cube »

ebi-hime wrote:Aaaw, this VN is too cute! I really enjoyed this! Being a fan of Yosuke/Souji and all, haha~
Some of the pick up lines made me snort. I think I actually started laughing at one point, which doesn't usually happen when I read things.
I also like how you're using the story to make Yosuke into a more decent, less overtly homophobic character, but doing so in a way that feels rather natural and in character. All his troubles made me want to give him a hug ;-;
I was so sad nearly all the options I had to respond with were negative haha. But it fit Yosuke well.
And the animations you have going between each day is so smoooth. How did you do that? Are they video files? o:
I was sad when this ended, I wanted to play all of it! So, do your best! I hope you can finish it! >w<
Oh wow, thanks a lot!
I'm happy that it made you laugh - I thought at one point that maybe it's too crude and nobody finds it funny at all ^^°
The whole 'Yosuke is a homophobe' discussion is difficult and yeah, my interpretation might differ from the reader's, I guess... Therefore there are no 'flirtious' answers.
LEMME TELL YOU ABOUT THE ANIMATIONS. I never had them, and I even tried the lemmasoft tutorial here on the forums, so the coder and me tried to make it perfect, but it didn't work how I liked, and a friend of mine asked a friend and that dude was super smooth and made these awesome videos for me. I'm still in awe. So yeah, they are videos. The graphics are made by me.
Thank you for your encouraging words! I WILL FINISH THIS THING OR GOD HELP ME. I wanna prove myself that I can dedicate myself to something and stick to it until it's finished.
ImageImageImage

platinumrose

#8 Post by platinumrose »

Hi! I just made an account here to thank you personally for making this VN.
I know it'll sound cheesy, but it's exactly what I was looking for. And the game is really cute too! c:

Here's my opinion (Having played the two demos in a row)~

GUI/Graphics/Visual effects: You did an amazing work with these, Cube-Sensei! The game is very appealing to look at and the transitions are smooth. c:
Writing: I can't really judge the plot since I didn't read the whole thing yet, but I liked what I saw. Souji's pick up lines are PURE GOLD. Yosuke's reaction to them are even better. xD
Music/Sound Effects: Good work. The music is good and it matches the pace of the story. I kinda miss hearing their voices, though. Since they will, even if occasionally, talk in the game. Adding some bits of voice can help the readers to immerse themselves in your story, me thinks. This is not really a complaint, though. I already like it the way it is. ^^
Other characters/Side stories: I like how basically everyone makes a little appearance in the game. The implied relationships between Chie/Yukiko and Kanji/Naoto made me smile. And gosh, your Teddie is cute. I loved how straightforward he is. ❤

And that's pretty much it. Sorry for any mistakes in spelling/grammar. English is not my first language. D:

Smudgeed
Regular
itch: smud

#9 Post by Smudgeed »

Being a fan of the Persona series and Person 4 in particular, I have to say that this made me very, very happy. It is very well put together and it feels like you are playing Persona with all the sounds, transitions and music. After playing the demo, which I enjoyed I loved, I am super excited for this game's release. I've never played a fangame before, but I am happy I played this one!
This really is great, some parts were funny, some times I really related to Yosuke, and other times I was stricken with sadness. It's the whole package! The side relationships are great too! I love how you captured the characters' personalities.

Keep it up and Good luck :)

PS. I may have just stayed in the Main Menu for a few hours just listening to that beautiful piano piece

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#10 Post by CrimsonMoon »

Persona 4 fangame, I'm excited! :D I'm downloading this demo and I'll be waiting for the official released game. Good luck! :D
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

Cube
Regular

#11 Post by Cube »

platinumrose wrote:Hi! I just made an account here to thank you personally for making this VN.
I know it'll sound cheesy, but it's exactly what I was looking for. And the game is really cute too! c:

Here's my opinion (Having played the two demos in a row)~

GUI/Graphics/Visual effects: You did an amazing work with these, Cube-Sensei! The game is very appealing to look at and the transitions are smooth. c:
Writing: I can't really judge the plot since I didn't read the whole thing yet, but I liked what I saw. Souji's pick up lines are PURE GOLD. Yosuke's reaction to them are even better. xD
Music/Sound Effects: Good work. The music is good and it matches the pace of the story. I kinda miss hearing their voices, though. Since they will, even if occasionally, talk in the game. Adding some bits of voice can help the readers to immerse themselves in your story, me thinks. This is not really a complaint, though. I already like it the way it is. ^^
Other characters/Side stories: I like how basically everyone makes a little appearance in the game. The implied relationships between Chie/Yukiko and Kanji/Naoto made me smile. And gosh, your Teddie is cute. I loved how straightforward he is. ❤

And that's pretty much it. Sorry for any mistakes in spelling/grammar. English is not my first language. D:
I really wanna hug you right now.
Consider this the best virtual hug you've ever got.

A voice-over would be totally awesome.... like the icing on top of the cake.... Coding-wise it'd be possible, though....

I try my hardest to bring in the whole team (in character), since it makes me wonder in fanfic how writers get around them. Too bad there won't be much Naoto action, I suppose, since Naoto's recovering. Plus, it's hard for me to write Naoto's character, since I'm foreign myself. (I struggled with Margaret the most so far.)

Thanks for leaving a comment (and registering here just for it!) <3
ImageImageImage

Cube
Regular

#12 Post by Cube »

Smudgeed wrote:Being a fan of the Persona series and Person 4 in particular, I have to say that this made me very, very happy. It is very well put together and it feels like you are playing Persona with all the sounds, transitions and music. After playing the demo, which I enjoyed I loved, I am super excited for this game's release. I've never played a fangame before, but I am happy I played this one!
This really is great, some parts were funny, some times I really related to Yosuke, and other times I was stricken with sadness. It's the whole package! The side relationships are great too! I love how you captured the characters' personalities.

Keep it up and Good luck :)

PS. I may have just stayed in the Main Menu for a few hours just listening to that beautiful piano piece
Thanks a bunch for this motivating comment!

YES the emotional rollercoaster is going to be even faster in the rest of the story. I'm glad that the whole package seems covincing / authentic!

I've never played any fangames so far, either. I've read tons of fanfic and I actually consider this VN being like a visual fanfic (if that makes sense)...?
ImageImageImage

Cube
Regular

#13 Post by Cube »

CrimsonMoon wrote:Persona 4 fangame, I'm excited! :D I'm downloading this demo and I'll be waiting for the official released game. Good luck! :D
I'd love to hear your opinion on the demo!

Ps: Too bad your logo requests are closed now - I'm keeping an eye on the thread.
ImageImageImage

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#14 Post by CrimsonMoon »

Cube wrote: I'd love to hear your opinion on the demo!

Ps: Too bad your logo requests are closed now - I'm keeping an eye on the thread.
I try to play the game just now, and there's error because, apparently, I haven't finished downloading the demo last time. ;-; And when I try to download the demo again, it always asks for verification. Tried many times to verify Captcha and authorize download, but it always takes me back to the Captcha verification page. Is there any other mirrors where you can upload the game other than mediafire so I can play? :'D

Ps: I'm sorry, I'll open it in a next or next next week. My hands are full right now. ;-;
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

Cube
Regular

#15 Post by Cube »

@Crimson Moon:

I've uploaded it to 4shared for you.
Windows: CLICK