Invisible Apartment Zero [Cyberpunk][Sci-fi][conspiracy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
bunny.jessican
Regular
Completed: Invisible Apartment
Projects: Angels & Demigods, Invisible Apartment

Invisible Apartment Zero [Cyberpunk][Sci-fi][conspiracy]

#1 Post by bunny.jessican »

Teenage girl hacker stumbles upon a secret that changes her life forever.

This is a visual novel about the growing up of a girl from the suburbs who dreams of a life in the big city. It's also about a conspiracy, hacking, surveillance, but most importantly about friendship.
-

-

Please support Invisible Apartment 1 on Steam Greenlight ^_^
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =386050728
-

http://iazero.tumblr.com/ & http://invisibleapartment.com for info relating to the whole series.

The Invisible Apartment Zero is a prequel to the original Invisible Apartment ( http://invisibleapartment.com ), which I'll be calling IA1 for the sake of simplicity.

It's set in a time a few years before the events of IA1 when Kacey is still living with her parents in the suburbs. She's excited about the World which is "out there" and hates how nothing exciting ever happens where she lives. She dreams of traveling to the big city, meeting new people and seeing interesting places. But something happens that turns Kacey's World upside down. You'll find the rest in the visual novel itself.

-

The length should be around 1.5 hours, so about 3 times more than the IA1. The alternative routes are not that simple and straightforward as in IA1 where if you made a bad move it had a bad ending quite swiftly.

From the beginning I've planned the Invisible Apartment as a series. The IA1 has begun after "some events" and also ends without resolving them. This release answers how Kacey got where she was in IA1.

Trailer:
-

Story & Production - Milan Kazarka http://milankazarka.com
Illustration - Henrique Xavier https://www.behance.net/kitexavier
Editing & Development - Jeroen van Oosten http://bankai.nl

-

Soundtrack

I'm glad to announce the cooperation with Rebekka Kolbeinsdottir who's making a large part of the soundtrack. Rebekka is a well known singer from Reykjavik. Here is one of the tracks.
Then I work with a great musician from Denmark Søren Nissen Jørgensen
You can find his work at https://soundcloud.com/soimanislander

Another great pianist who's also in the soundtrack is Óscar Vázquez https://www.facebook.com/oscarvazquezmx

-

Regarding questions of what platforms will be supported and so on I have a short statement:
"
During the last Months I’ve received a lot of comments, input and questions. Most of the input for IA1 was along the lines of that the text needs proofreading and that the story needs to be longer. With IA0 I’m doing both - I’ve started working with people on copywriting and proofreading and the story is longer than Invisible Apartment 1. People have also been asking when and if IA will be available for other platforms. Invisible Apartment Zero will is available from almost the beginning for Windows, Linux and iPad. At the same time I’m planning a re-release of IA1 for Windows. Down the line there is also a plan to do a rerelease of IA1 which would see a remake of some parts of the dialogues so that it gets to the standard of the current development (that is planned for 2015).

From 2015 I’m planning to do all releases from the beginning for both mobile and Desktop.

People have also asked “why not Android, why not other, etc.”. Well I guess that the best explanation would be that it’s only a time and resources issue, nothing else. As time progresses, as I know new people, as the circle of people with whom I'm working grows so do the possibilities. The same goes for translations.
"

Some new media -

Poster time:
Attachments
Invisible Apartment series poster
Invisible Apartment series poster
Screenshot #4
Screenshot #4
Screenshot #3
Screenshot #3
Screenshot #2
Screenshot #2
Screenshot #1
Screenshot #1
Amy
Amy
Joel
Joel
Kacey at her computer :)
Kacey at her computer :)

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

Re: Invisible Apartment Zero [Cyberpunk][Sci-fi][conspiracy]

#2 Post by Razz »

Gonna give this a play later today, it looks fantastic!

bunny.jessican
Regular

#3 Post by bunny.jessican »

Razz wrote:Gonna give this a play later today, it looks fantastic!
Thanks! :D

Gospel
Regular
Completed: SHINRAI - Broken Beyond Despair
Projects: GENBA no Kizuna
Organization: GosatsuVNs
Tumblr: gosatsuvns
itch: gosatsuvns

#4 Post by Gospel »

I finally got around to reading IA0 and really liked it!
It does have a few points that bugged me, though. So I'm going to start with those:

Maybe you could call this a "personal preference" kind of thing, but sometimes IA0 was just too "quiet" for me. There were a lot of long scenes without any sounds playing in the background.
Guess I’m just used to VNs with lots of sound effects and background noises, so it’s a little weird having these rather long scenes with no sounds playing, at all. I would’ve liked it if, for example, the sound of the scooter engine could've been heard, when Kacey and Joel were riding on his scooter. Or the sound of water flowing when they were at the river. Something like that. It certainly would've helped create a better ambience.

The only other "big" thing that bothered me was the ending.
There were no credits or anything to signal me that I had arrived at the actual ending, so it left me wondering "was this the real ending now, or did I do something wrong?"
I went through the entire game a couple of times, trying various choices and getting a couple of bad ends along the way, but I didn’t get anything that was followed by a credit roll of some sorts. So I'm assuming I got to the actual ending (which was pretty nice, btw), but... like I said, with no credit roll, and a "Restart" option popping up right after it, it felt a bit weird.

Other than the above, I think I’ve only encountered like less of a handful of typos. At the very least there weren't so many that it was distracting or anything. However, sometimes the textbox still displayed Kacey's name as though she was the one talking/thinking at that moment, when in reality she was not, and there was just some "descriptive text" showing up, not her own words. That was also a little confusing.

I think those are the only aspects I can really complain about. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed IA0.
I liked the characters and the atmosphere. Some scenes felt really ominous and foreboding, even a little creepy at times (the music choice helped a lot with that). The soundtrack is really cool and I love the art style. I also really enjoyed the choices provided throughout the game.
Some were rather obvious, some weren’t. I found myself thinking quite a lot about some of them, considering what might go wrong, and what would be the best course of action. It was a lot of fun.

Maybe a little too short again, but still worth the money.
I can't wait to see where this series is heading in the future!
SHINRAI - Broken Beyond Despair is a murder mystery visual novel.
To learn more, click on the pic above or visit our website: http://gosatsu.com/

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#5 Post by frederic09 »

I will wait for the Desura release, i don't want to pay the extra vat ;)
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

bunny.jessican
Regular

#6 Post by bunny.jessican »

Thank you for the in depth review :) I appreciate it!

I guess that I should put "to be continued" at the end and not "restart". Written down. I'll look into the typos >_<
Gospel wrote:I finally got around to reading IA0 and really liked it!
It does have a few points that bugged me, though. So I'm going to start with those:

Maybe you could call this a "personal preference" kind of thing, but sometimes IA0 was just too "quiet" for me. There were a lot of long scenes without any sounds playing in the background.
Guess I’m just used to VNs with lots of sound effects and background noises, so it’s a little weird having these rather long scenes with no sounds playing, at all. I would’ve liked it if, for example, the sound of the scooter engine could've been heard, when Kacey and Joel were riding on his scooter. Or the sound of water flowing when they were at the river. Something like that. It certainly would've helped create a better ambience.

The only other "big" thing that bothered me was the ending.
There were no credits or anything to signal me that I had arrived at the actual ending, so it left me wondering "was this the real ending now, or did I do something wrong?"
I went through the entire game a couple of times, trying various choices and getting a couple of bad ends along the way, but I didn’t get anything that was followed by a credit roll of some sorts. So I'm assuming I got to the actual ending (which was pretty nice, btw), but... like I said, with no credit roll, and a "Restart" option popping up right after it, it felt a bit weird.

Other than the above, I think I’ve only encountered like less of a handful of typos. At the very least there weren't so many that it was distracting or anything. However, sometimes the textbox still displayed Kacey's name as though she was the one talking/thinking at that moment, when in reality she was not, and there was just some "descriptive text" showing up, not her own words. That was also a little confusing.

I think those are the only aspects I can really complain about. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed IA0.
I liked the characters and the atmosphere. Some scenes felt really ominous and foreboding, even a little creepy at times (the music choice helped a lot with that). The soundtrack is really cool and I love the art style. I also really enjoyed the choices provided throughout the game.
Some were rather obvious, some weren’t. I found myself thinking quite a lot about some of them, considering what might go wrong, and what would be the best course of action. It was a lot of fun.

Maybe a little too short again, but still worth the money.
I can't wait to see where this series is heading in the future!

bunny.jessican
Regular

#7 Post by bunny.jessican »

Update: we're now on Steam Greenlight! ^_^ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... /413687122 - please support us! Thanks!