When The Dream Ends [Fantasy][GxB][NaNo 2015]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Senritsu
Projects: Objectively speaking, it's just a single day
IRC Nick: Senritsu

When The Dream Ends [Fantasy][GxB][NaNo 2015]

#1 Post by Senritsu »

This is a story about a sickly girl who has dreams about a girl aspiring to be an adventurer,
and a lively girl who dreams of going on an adventure.

---

That's pretty much the best I can summarize the story.
This is my first VN I've planned it to be about 30min long, so hopefully I'll be able to finish it within the month!
I can't really say any more than that because it feels spoiler-ish to me. Well, other than the fact that there are two other characters aside from the girls mentioned above.
Aside than that, I'm gonna try for at least 2 cg and 5 endings.
Also the art will be started on after I finish the writing or if I hit a writer's block which I hope will not happen again. Well, working on art is also a good use of time, yeah?

Characters: (Will be shaded later)

Some Vague Idea of Current Progress on it:
Plot Outline: Completed in my head. Although it will probably change as I keep writing.
Writing: ALMOST DONE. Working on the endings!
Art: Shading stage of 1st bg. (I got a block on the third day....)
Sprites: Shading stage of main characters. (hurray for writer's block \(-_-;)/)
Music + Sound Effects: Will look them up later.

That's all I have right now. I'll try to update whenever I make decent progress!
Last edited by Senritsu on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

Re: When The Dream Ends [Fantasy][GxB][NaNo 2015]

#2 Post by Katy133 »

I like the concept of this. The idea of a girl dreaming about another girl who dreams of adventuring sounds like an interesting framing device to me.

Stories with a framing device often get to do a lot of creative things that they couldn't otherwise do in their story. I think of examples like The Princess Bride (a grandfather reading a story to his sick grandson) and Griffin and Sabine (a story told through their postcard correspondence). I look forward to see what this visual novel does with it.
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!

Senritsu
Projects: Objectively speaking, it's just a single day
IRC Nick: Senritsu

Re: When The Dream Ends [Fantasy][GxB][NaNo 2015]

#3 Post by Senritsu »

Katy133 wrote:I like the concept of this. The idea of a girl dreaming about another girl who dreams of adventuring sounds like an interesting framing device to me.

Stories with a framing device often get to do a lot of creative things that they couldn't otherwise do in their story. I think of examples like The Princess Bride (a grandfather reading a story to his sick grandson) and Griffin and Sabine (a story told through their postcard correspondence). I look forward to see what this visual novel does with it.
I'm glad you're looking forward to it! I'll try to live up to your expectations. At the very least, I like where my story's heading.

On another note: Progress! Both on writing and character design!
Introducing (from left to right) Fiora, Airy, Dirk, and Al!
Just gonna point out that the designs not actually set in stone yet. I don't think I'll make any large changes though