Catnip+! {FREE OTOME} (GxB)&(GxG)- MANY MORE CONCEPTS POSTED

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sugarberry
Regular
Projects: The Night Circus (closed), Catnip+(closed), My Monstrous Heart (new)
Organization: Spearmint Spectre Studios
IRC Nick: SpearmintSpectre
Tumblr: spearmintspectrestudios

Re: Catnip+! {FREE OTOME} (GxB)&(GxG) [Romance, Nekomimi]

#16 Post by sugarberry »

Thank you so much!!

In terms of height, I actually draw my sketches on paper and then scan them, followed by digitally painting over them, so I often don't really have a good idea of proportions. Another one of those things I'll have to work on, hehe!

I promise the final sprites will look nicer!

Thank you so much, its been wonderful hearing from you! Good luck on AAA <3!

--------
Edit: I did a whole bunch of tinkering all last night, and while my heights were a little off.....gosh, I really hope I don't make you angry, but...the nose turns out to indeed be the center of the head q w q;.
Here, I'll draw the skulls of our two versions! (excuse the poor cropping job, my file was lots larger)
alltogethernow.png
The righthand version looks a smidge...smooshed q w q?

So I think I'll keep my faces as they are, but thank you for your honest critique. The sprites are really starting to look nicer with their resized proportions <3.
The one-girl game studio!

sugarberry
Regular

#17 Post by sugarberry »

If this will help, Lisette's facial portions and structure were somewhat inspired by this model! She has a high brow, a thin face and a petite, low nose <3. Super regal and pretty ~<3!

astrokeofmadness
Regular
Completed: AAA:Book 1
Projects: A Stroke of Apprehension

#18 Post by astrokeofmadness »

While you may be correct in saying that skull has the eyes above center that doesn't change the correct placement of the eyes. For example the woman above defies several rules of proportions so she is a terrible example of what is normal.(I'm actually convinced her face is tilted a bit and then it was photoshopped to yield that longer face) For starters the bottom of her ears should line up with the bottom of her nose, and the top of ears with the top of eyes. The current ear position is where they would be if she had her head tilted. Either way, her eyes are actually pretty close to center still in comparison to her nose which is nearly at the bottom of her face. technically her eyes are BELOW center.
Below is the most famous painting in the world, following the proportions of eyes nearly center, nose nearly in between eyes and chin. Technically eyes appear slightly below center. You can also find many examples of this rule in every - how to draw face site in existence.
lisotte face.png
mona example.png
anime example, again, using a correct head shape- the yellow lines, her eyes are below center, if you use the way too small a head shape- green lines, you get her eyes in center. The green head lines dont work as her hair couldnt possibly be that poofy, considering its style. In both cases the eyes are below or at center at best.
anime example.png

sugarberry
Regular

#19 Post by sugarberry »

Sorry about that, I'll try my best and do what I can. Thank you for all your help n v n <3.

sugarberry
Regular

#20 Post by sugarberry »

Hm...not much of these concept designs can be salvaged, so I guess I'll just have to release the final sprites from now on <3!

sugarberry
Regular

Re: Catnip+! {FREE OTOME} (GxB)&(GxG)- MANY MORE CONCEPTS PO

#21 Post by sugarberry »

Babuuuumm~!!! Okay, so I decided to go ahead and just post the rest of the concepts so I can get to working on the final sprites <3. Snipe and Jeer's concept sketches will be lined lickety-split, but hopefull this will give everyone a better idea on the appearance of the kitties before their final sprites are posted, which could potentially take me a bit of a minute! A little progress update for y'all!

Art (CGs, BGs, Sprites, Graphics):30%
Soundtrack(music, sfx): 50% (could potentially have an opening theme! ahh <3!)
Story: 100%

sugarberry
Regular

Catnip+! News (closing project)

#22 Post by sugarberry »

After losing everything of this project due to my computer being broken beyond repair, I've decided to put this little guy to rest.

It was fun to look back on this project and see how far I've come in both art and writing, and I'm extremely grateful for all of the lovely feedback little me received.

I am now working on two new projects, one of which I will be focusing on and announcing soon u v u.

Cheers and thanks,

sugarberry (now spearmintspectre).