Hamsters or Death [Comedy] [NaNoRenO 2015]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

Hamsters or Death [Comedy] [NaNoRenO 2015]

#1 Post by Katta »

We are proud to present our project “Hamsters or Death”. Why’s it called this?
No clue. Playing the game won’t provide an answer either
If love is truly what you seek
Then heed me now, and hear me speak
Follow my words and you shall win
Your other half, your soul’s true twin
When the popular MMORPG “Fantasy World” challenged its custormers to hunt for their soulmates, Terry couldn’t have been more excited. Not only was she convinced that this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to find life-long companionship, but all successful couples would be treated to a weekend get-away full of luxuriousness, pamperings, and fine living. Discounted to a very cheap, and therefore affordable price of course. Unfortunately with work-obsessed bosses, hindering bots, and an incomprehensible prophecy, will she ever find her soulmate and snag her weekend of luxury?

The characters:
Terry: Our heroine and protagonist. An advertising designer by day, she becomes a powerful elven ranger by night. Terry now has the opportunity to make use of her combat skills, and her affinity with nature, to help track down her Fantasy World soulmate.
James: Terry’s scruffy assistant. (Demoted as punishment, he hopes to one day work his way back up the corporate ladder.)?
Brad: Terry’s handsome boss, who wants her to spend every available moment working.

Freya: A bot who inhabits the MMORPG world, this self-proclaimed Goddess of Love will guide Terry on her quest for love. Although she is programmed to help Terry find her soulmate, her confusing logic and behaviour do more to hinder than help.

Team Leader & Sprite Artist – Katta
Sprite Artist – Lovebby (?)
Writer – Cith
Logo – Anne
Mascot – Pet Hamster

Percentage of progress – A person’s intentions are what’s important, not the actual results. Nothing to see here, please move along in an orderly fashion.

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

Re: Hamsters or Death [Comedy] [NaNoRenO 2015]

#2 Post by Godline »

sdfkasjdgkdsagjasdkgjh
You posted it! Eeee!

I love James! He's so pudgy and lovable. :)

So excited to see progress for this! <3

bellice
Veteran

#3 Post by bellice »

This seems fun. I love me some humour.

But is it just me or does Brad look like a mix between Keanu Reeves and Jon Snow from GoT?

He's like their unholy love child.

Katta
Veteran

#4 Post by Katta »

Godline wrote:I love James! He's so pudgy and lovable. :)
Yes, that's the idea!
bellice wrote:But is it just me or does Brad look like a mix between Keanu Reeves and Jon Snow from GoT?
Any resemblance to real persons and famous trademarks is purely coincidental :wink: :wink: :wink: (yes, we have lots of random stuff without meaning, or at least that's the plan)

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

#5 Post by YossarianIII »

Katta wrote:Any resemblance to real persons and famous trademarks is purely coincidental (yes, we have lots of random stuff without meaning, or at least that's the plan)
I take it you mean how your logo resembles the logo of a certain long-running fantasy franchise? :lol:

This looks fun. Your initial post is kind of a Where's Waldo/Wally of influences... either that or I'm reading too much into things. In addition to Mr. Snow/Reeves, the MMORPG setting and Terry's sprite make me think Felicia Day and The Guild could be an inspiration here...

Best of luck with the project, Katta!

Image Image

Katta
Veteran

#6 Post by Katta »

YossarianIII wrote:the MMORPG setting and Terry's sprite make me think Felicia Day and The Guild could be an inspiration here...
Best of luck with the project, Katta!
You may not believe me, but this one is actually coincidental :lol: (or maybe unconscious)

And I also have different color versions of MC))) Maybe I should add a character generator of sorts...

Thank you for the wishes!
Last edited by Katta on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Katta
Veteran

#7 Post by Katta »

We've now officially earned "I slept through Nanoreno" badge - mission accomplished!

Cith
Regular

#8 Post by Cith »

My fault, I really was sleeping during those times when I should have been working. I'm still writing the script though (it might morph into a larger project) and I'm really happy to have earnt Anne's cute badge (silver linings everywhere.)