1931 Scheherazade (Sim/Dating/Commercial) -RELEASED ON STEAM

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TheBlackChicken
Regular

Re: Scheherazade has been released! (Sim, Romance, Commercia

#46 Post by TheBlackChicken »

FatUnicornGames;

Sadly, no! It is playable, but there are some graphical hitches we haven't been able to slay. Our next game will be out on Mac, but no news yet for Scheherazade. :(

TheBlackChicken
Regular

#47 Post by TheBlackChicken »

We are giving away a copy of Academagia or 1931 Scheherazade to a lucky fan. To enter, follow us on twitter, by the end of April 28th. We will use a random number generator to select a winner. Good luck!

Usagi Vindaloo
Completed: 1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum

#48 Post by Usagi Vindaloo »

So glad to see you guys on these forums; just found them myself! This is Michelle, one of the senior author/editors/playtesters for Scheherazade. I have a lot of fond memories working on that game and for Black Chicken; glad to see you're all doing well!

TheBlackChicken
Regular

#49 Post by TheBlackChicken »

Today is the last day to follow us on twitter AND be eligible to win a copy of one of our games of your choosing!

@Michelle - We are always happy to see a familiar face! :)

TheBlackChicken
Regular

#50 Post by TheBlackChicken »

In celebration of our new Kickstarter, Holdfast: A Gamebook of Dwarven Vengeance, we have the following promotion:

Use code "HOLDFAST" to get 40% off any Black Chicken game, when purchased directly from us on BMT

TheBlackChicken
Regular

1931 Scheherazade (Sim, Romance, Commercial) - CYBER MONDAY

#51 Post by TheBlackChicken »

Cyber Monday - 75% off Scheherazade @ Desura!
http://www.desura.com/games/1931-schehe ... f-pergamum
Last edited by TheBlackChicken on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Armee
Veteran

#52 Post by Armee »

I have been waiting for this day...
Gonna pull my pocket's money out...

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: 1931 Scheherazade (Sim/Romance/Commercial) CYBER MONDAY

#53 Post by Googaboga »

Yay! I bought the game and the installer is downloading now :mrgreen:. Hooray for Cyber Monday.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Workingdrag13

Re: 1931 Scheherazade (Sim/Romance/Commercial) CYBER MONDAY

#54 Post by Workingdrag13 »

Hey, I need some help with Nigel's romance route. I hope someone can help me because right now im quite stumped...

Usually the Christmas event would activate the choice if you'd like to do the romance route with the chosen male or stick to family. Well in my case I got Nigel's story in Christmas but I couldn't activate his romance route at all. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong...

TheBlackChicken
Regular

Re: 1931 Scheherazade (Sim/Romance/Commercial) RELEASED ON S

#55 Post by TheBlackChicken »

Hi Everyone!,

We're back with great news. 1931 Scheherazade has been greenlit and released on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/334850

What's new in this special Steam version?
  • 90+ Achievements
  • New adventure starring one of the most beloved characters
  • UI improvements and fixes
  • And some new character art
What if you already bought Scheherazade elsewhere?
You may email us at academagia@gmail.com to request a keycode for Steam once the game has been released.
You must provide the following information:
- Where you bought it from
- The original email you used to purchase it
- If the above email is not your current email, or you bought from Desura or Gamer's Gate, you will need to provide additional proof of purchase such as an email copy of your receipt.

Cheers,
The Black Chicken Team

TheBlackChicken
Regular

Re: 1931 Scheherazade (Sim/Dating/Commercial) -RELEASED ON S

#56 Post by TheBlackChicken »

Details on how two win 2 free steam copies here: https://twitter.com/BCSGames

Cheers!

TheBlackChicken
Regular

#57 Post by TheBlackChicken »

Now on sale...75% off Scheherazade http://bit.ly/1f5hsyW

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#58 Post by trooper6 »

I was just about to buy it on Steam...but then realized that it is Windows only. So sad for me.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#59 Post by distorsion »

Hey there! I finally bought your game and started playing it, and while I plan on giving you an actual review once I finish it, there are a few suggestions I'd like to make at the moment. 1) DEAR GODS GIVE US A DIALOG HISTORY TO LOOK AT. There's not way to go back and see what was said if you missed something, and sometimes moving the mouse auto-forwards a few dialog boxes, leaving me to load a save and go through a lot of dialog again to see what I missed. 2) I understand the game is meant to be challenging, but skills go up way too slowly, and relying on inspiration cards leaves you resorting to save scumming for quite a while in order to get the ones you need for your next caper. Either increase the rate skills go up, or lessen the randomness of inspiration cards (at least in one or two of the modes). Fixing these two things would really help with the immersion of the game, which at this point gets broken quite often by constant saving and loading to see what was missed or get what's needed to continue. Even if you can't fix these in the current game, think about it for the sequel at least?
Edit: Another thing to possibly fix! On the steam version, there's a frequent problem where clicking on things (buttons, options, whatever) in my game will cause the game to disappear from the screen and force you to click on the game icon in your dashboard to bring it back. And then if you click the thing again it does the same thing and you have to quit the game and reopen it. This only happens in fullscreen mode, at least for me. It's unclear if the problem is on my end or not, so I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem (it started near the end of the egypt trip).
Last edited by distorsion on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#60 Post by trooper6 »

distorsion wrote:Hey there! I finally bought your game and started playing it, and while I plan on giving you an actual review once I finish it, there are a few suggestions I'd like to make at the moment. 1) DEAR GODS GIVE US A DIALOG HISTORY TO LOOK AT. There's not way to go back and see what was said if you missed something, and sometimes moving the mouse auto-forwards a few dialog boxes, leaving me to load a save and go through a lot of dialog again to see what I missed. 2) I understand the game is meant to be challenging, but skills go up way too slowly, and relying on inspiration cards leaves you resorting to save scumming for quite a while in order to get the ones you need for your next caper. Either increase the rate skills go up, or lessen the randomness of inspiration cards (at least in one or two of the modes). Fixing these two things would really help with the immersion of the game, which at this point gets broken quite often by constant saving and loading to see what was missed or get what's needed to continue. Even if you can't fix these in the current game, think about it for the sequel at least?
Does the game not allow PageUp to scrollback?
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978