Afterland - Art Prices/Artists Required

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Charlie599
Regular
Projects: (letters of) Devotion; Afterland

Afterland - Art Prices/Artists Required

#1 Post by Charlie599 »

///NB UPDATE!!
This project is being put on hold indefinitely due to real life complications. :( If anything changes I will update.

[Previous Edit: 5 September 2015 is the date by which I hope to have finished the script, have a complete list of art/assets, and get down to financing this project. Feel free to continue applying and Thank you to everyone who has responded thus far! :3]
[Previous Edit: Hi :D I've got a broad idea for the art prices now, but I haven't settled on an artist/artists as I haven't finished my script, laid out a list of art required, nor have I got the appropriate funding yet.]///

Hello. I'm art/artist/price hunting. >.> Help! >.<

First of all - I do not yet have a budget because I have no idea how much art costs these days. I do, however, plan to pay for the art. I'm planning to crowdfund my game but first I need basic prices to work from. I've attempted looking around for a benchmark price but thought it would be simpler if I just posted this and asked.

Short Synopsis:
Afterland is a fantasy game with rpg elements where you play as Alice/Alex (names are changeable) who wakes up in Afterland. It's essentially my re-telling of Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass. There are 7 romance characters.

Important things to remember are:

1. If you are wanting to apply for a future position as an artist (please do) - you'd need to be comfortable drawing GxG & BxB (it's Not a hentai game...there isn't even swearing) *update - As well as animals and almost-human/animalistic characters (An actual puppy, flower-people, humanoid cards, characters with animal ears and tails etc)

2. I have not finished my script, therefore I do not know exactly how many CGs/character sprites/backgrounds I will need. I don't want to finish it and realize that I'm going to have to change it or kill off characters because there's no way I'd be able to pay for all that art. :cry:

3. That being said, Afterland is already a large project. I have an absolute minimum of 64 CGs (just for the endings...that's excluding all other scenes), 16 characters (who all need different expressions, poses and outfits) and a protagonist that I would prefer to be customisable (gender/appearance/clothing).

4. Art prices I need: character sprites/poses/expressions/outfits, backgrounds, cg art, item art, gui (art and/or coding) for menu screens (title screen/save &/load/ preferences/extra content/cg gallery/quit screen), as well as specialized gui art for buttons, map art (literally for a map) and journal art (for a journal you can interact with - includes character information sheets, a calender, quest listings etc). Please be as detailed as possible?

(That last point was a lot to take in, huh?)

My problem here is that people have different art styles (which also come with different prices). Some I love, some I like, some I dislike. Not all are appropriate for Afterland. I could give you a general guide for the art styles I would like to use but that seems very limiting. An artists' work could take me completely by surprise - it could be far out of the category I thought would fit and still be completely compatible. So I'm not going to tell you my preferences. :twisted:

I am not looking for a single artist - I am looking for many. I can't expect one person to be brilliant at everything and work on their own. It's impractical for the workload and I'm sure you have your own time constraints - no need to add more pressure than necessary.

For now, I want prices please, but if anyone would like to help out/sign up as a possible artist by all means do so :D
*P.S. That last comment might mean I am in the wrong forum - admin please move me if that is the case. >.>

Update: You can PM or leave a message here ^-^
Thank you for the responses so far :D
Last edited by Charlie599 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: Afterland - Art Prices/Artists Required

#2 Post by minyan »

Ah, I remember seeing this project and it looks so interesting. ;-; So pumped to hear you're looking for artists. I'd be interested in doing sprites and/or GUI~!

Here are my prices and samples and such: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 62&t=30454
Let me know what you think!
ImageImage

Charlie599
Regular

#3 Post by Charlie599 »

minyan wrote:Ah, I remember seeing this project and it looks so interesting. ;-; So pumped to hear you're looking for artists. I'd be interested in doing sprites and/or GUI~!

Here are my prices and samples and such: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 62&t=30454
*Sending you a PM now* ^-^

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#4 Post by Aviala »

I sent you a PM a while ago, did you get it?
If you did: it's fine if you're not interested in my services, but it would still be polite to reply :)

Charlie599
Regular

#5 Post by Charlie599 »

Aviala wrote:I sent you a PM a while ago, did you get it?
If you did: it's fine if you're not interested in my services, but it would still be polite to reply :)
I was so sure I'd replied to everyone! T-T *PM sent*
(Sorry, sorry - how unprofessional of me)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#6 Post by minyan »

Charlie599 wrote:
minyan wrote:Ah, I remember seeing this project and it looks so interesting. ;-; So pumped to hear you're looking for artists. I'd be interested in doing sprites and/or GUI~!

*Sending you a PM now* ^-^

Okay! I shall happily await it. ^^
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by minyan »

Just to let you know, I never received your PM. ^^; Sorry to bother you if you just haven't had the time yet~
ImageImage

Charlie599
Regular

#8 Post by Charlie599 »

minyan wrote:Just to let you know, I never received your PM. ^^;
Sending it again >.< /flails

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by minyan »

Charlie599 wrote:
minyan wrote:Just to let you know, I never received your PM. ^^;
Sending it again >.< /flails
Okay xD well just in case, would you mind sending it to my e-mail at reedermin@yahoo.com? Not sure why it wasn't working but that should solve it. ^^
ImageImage

Charlie599
Regular

#10 Post by Charlie599 »

minyan wrote:Okay xD well just in case, would you mind sending it to my e-mail at reedermin@yahoo.com? Not sure why it wasn't working but that should solve it. ^^
Sent it there as well :)

Neryko
Regular
Deviantart: neryko

#11 Post by Neryko »

Are you still looking for or you have already found someone?
Can I propouse myself for this? ^^
ImageImageImageImage

Charlie599
Regular

#12 Post by Charlie599 »

Neryko wrote:Are you still looking for or you have already found someone?
Can I propose myself for this? ^^
Hi :D I've got a broad idea for the art prices now, but I haven't settled on an artist/artists as I haven't finished my script, laid out a list of art required, nor have I got the appropriate funding yet.

I'm setting a tentative date by which I will have completed my script (exams are coming up which is slowing down the process), after which I will decide on an artist/s - 5 July 2015 5th September 2015
Thank you to everyone who responded! You may continue to do so until the above date. :wink:
Last edited by Charlie599 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#13 Post by Alcor »

Sent you a PM ^_^

Charlie599
Regular

#14 Post by Charlie599 »

ALCOR_etc wrote:Sent you a PM ^_^
*Replied* ^-^

Hello everyone :D
Sorry to everyone for all the late replies. My exams got moved up. :cry:

Just posting here to let you all know that I'm still here and this project isn't dead.

FeliciaNamikaze
Regular
Completed: The Zodiac Trial (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1513 ... iac_Trial/) l Deathdays End (https://store.steampowered.com/app/9647 ... hdays_End/) l OMG not another Isekai (https://store.steampowered.com/app/2097 ... er_Isekai/)
Deviantart: whitenamikaze
Discord: whitenamikaze

#15 Post by FeliciaNamikaze »

Hello~
are you still open for the artist position on character sprites?
you can see my work and my price list on

http://whitenamikaze.deviantart.com/jou ... -529001378

email me or pm me if you are interested, thank you :D