Offering My Services [Anything Writing Related]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
MasterPuppeteer
Regular
Projects: WIP Fantasy/Adventure VN
Tumblr: wolfganghelps
Deviantart: muhshroom

Offering My Services [Anything Writing Related]

#1 Post by MasterPuppeteer »

INTRO
Hello! My name is Cas, and in an effort to get money to buy a new computer, and drawing supplies, I am offering myself to anyone who needs writing help! This of course includes editing, proofreading, and writing, but also can mean helping you build an interesting plot, and unique characters.

I have been writing consistently for about 6 years, and I'm currently working on my own VN.
EXAMPLES
These excerpts are from a story I wrote for my LA class a while ago. The second one sounds pretty disjointed, but I think it would work well in the form of a VN? I don't know.
"It all started with a cough. Felicity assumed at first that her sister, Marie, was just suffering from all the ash that suffocated the air. When the weeks went by, and she was sure Marie would be used to all the dust and smoke by then, Felicity passed it off as a weak pair of lungs. As Felicity looked down at her sister again, months later, wrapped tightly in a thin, scratchy blanket, eyes sunken and her face turned a sickly yellow, Felicity wondered how she ever thought, it was nothing but a simple cough."
"...and that’s how Felicity ended up breaking into a clothing shop in the dead of night. It was terribly risky, but she’d come to the conclusion days ago that she had no other choice. If she wanted to get the medicine Marie needed to survive, Felicity would have to disguise herself as someone of a much higher stature. Felicity jostled the pick slightly to the left, hiding a gleeful shout when she heard a soft click. The door creaked open slowly, leaving Felicity cringing in the doorway, until she gathered her wits and shuffled silently across the wooden floor. She observed the quaint store in awe. It was small, but filled to the brim with dresses of varying vibrant colors and accessories. Felicity ran her hand along the dresses as she walked by them, savoring the texture and detail of each one. Someone of her stature only owned about 10 outfits in their lifetime, if they were lucky. Felicity could hardly even imagine the hundreds of jewel encrusted gowns and tuxes that hung in the closets of the Others, and how they would simply toss them away if even a single of those precious gems fell off."
This is also an older passage taken from a Misfits fanfiction I started, when I was still into that sort of thing. It should still make sense on it's own though.
"Simon was red. Not as if he was flushed or blushing, but furiously red. He looked downright terrifying, which was a strange thing, Nathan thought, considering Simon's usual puppy-like personality. Simon said nothing but stood there and bore his eyes into Kelly’s, obviously telling her something through his thoughts. Simon’s jaw clenched and his hands tightened into balls, and if Nathan was cringing just watching from the locker room, he couldn't even imagine what Kelly felt like. Sure enough, Kelly had soon taken a step back, and a quite large one at that. After what seemed like hours of watching Simon’s barely contained rage, Nathan saw Simon’s hands fall open and watched the slow rise and fall of his chest. There was nothing but silence as Kelly reached up to comfort Simon, and Nathan had almost decided to leave them be when he heard a shocked whisper that stopped him dead in his tracks.

“You... like him?” The words were laced thickly with Kelly’s accent and Nathan stood frozen as he listened to Kelly stress the word ‘him’. There was no response as Simon looked at her and opened his mouth, but quickly closed it and hung his head. Finally, there was the unmistakable sound of Simon’s miserable voice.

“I don’t know.”

Holyfuck. Nathan thought, not realizing what he’d done until he saw Kelly stiffen and turn her head slightly in his direction. Nathan threw his head back into the locker room and took a slow, shuddering breath. He needed to calm the hell down. After all, they could've been talking about anyone, right? Even as he thought that, an unsettling feeling weighed down on his gut, along with a small flutter of something he couldn't quite recognize, and he just knew. Kelly wouldn't have stressed ‘him’ like that unless it was someone completely unbelievable. Someone entirely undeserving of anyone’s affection. Someone like me."
(Kelly has the ability to read people's thoughts, just in case you didn't catch on to that just by reading it.)
PRICES
I can be persuaded to work instead for a flat rate, or if you just need a proofreader, for free.
Writing: 1 cent per word. Meaning, 10$/1k, 100$/10k, etc.
Editing: 1/2 a cent per word. Meaning, 5$/1k, 50$/10k, etc.
Proofreader: 1/4 a cent per word. Meaning, 2.50$/1k, 25$/10k, etc.
Plot/Character Help: I'll probably do this for free. Depends on if I'm simply helping you flesh out your plot/characters, or if I'm coming up with/helping you create a plot/character.
WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR
Writing-Wise: I'm currently looking for small projects, with an already semi-developed team, and has a solid idea of the story line (or even already has some writing done).

Editing/Proofreading-Wise: Looking for any size project, with an already semi-developed team, and a good amount of writing done.

Even if you meet these standards, I still might decline to work on your project if your plot doesn't captivate me. It's nothing personal, (we all have preferences) I just want to be sure I'm working on something I'm truly passionate about, so I'll be able to provide you with high quality work.
CONTACT ME
Thanks for reading! If you have any questions/concerns/business inquiries, please either leave a message below, or contact me via PM!
Last edited by MasterPuppeteer on Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: Offering My Services [Anything Writing Related]

#2 Post by minyan »

Hello there ^^ I'm Min, and I was wondering if you have the time to help flesh out a plot idea I have. I have a basic outline and all my characters planned out, I'm just having a little trouble bringing everything together and tying events to each other. I'm also working on a sub plot that I could use a fresh pair of eyes on. If you still have some time I can pitch you my idea in a PM and then you can decide if you're up for helping me. Thank you!
ImageImage

MasterPuppeteer
Regular

#3 Post by MasterPuppeteer »

minyan wrote:Hello there ^^ I'm Min, and I was wondering if you have the time to help flesh out a plot idea I have. I have a basic outline and all my characters planned out, I'm just having a little trouble bringing everything together and tying events to each other. I'm also working on a sub plot that I could use a fresh pair of eyes on. If you still have some time I can pitch you my idea in a PM and then you can decide if you're up for helping me. Thank you!
Sorry for the late reply but yes, I'd love to help out!

MasterPuppeteer
Regular

#4 Post by MasterPuppeteer »

Finally added some writing samples!

MasterPuppeteer
Regular

#5 Post by MasterPuppeteer »

Waiting to hear back from potential employers, but it looks like writing will be closed for a little while.

I'm still open for all other forms of writing help, and you can still try and hire me for writing, if your project's working at a relaxed pace, with flexible deadlines.