Ishara: Bane of the Seas [Adventure][GxB][NaNoRenO2015]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ixWishing
Veteran

Re: Ishara: Bane of the Seas [Adventure][GxB][NaNoRenO2015]

#16 Post by ixWishing »

Congrats on the release! I'm downloading this right now, so I'll post my thoughts later! (8
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#17 Post by Starling »

lockpicklogic wrote:Very enjoyable. I played through all the endings and
I really wanted to save Remy. Even in the other routes I sympathised with him, because he seemed like he'd been hurt or abused in the past. When Ishara went to kill him, I really wanted to knock him out, tie him up and try to save him.
My favourite relationship was the one between Ishara and Talon because it reminded me of my interactions with my best friend. :)
I love that you guys want to save him, since you're not the first to mention this. I think it speaks well for a character you only get to see flashes of. If we had had the time to make this longer, there would probably be more explanation of his character. I think the grandmother character as well. Originally when we started Cendre wouldn't have gotten as much focus as she ended up getting. Her path was one of our early feature creeps. The game originally was meant to be a straightforward kinetic novel with only the Felix storyline. Cendre was just an antagonist.
I'm also very fond of Talon and Ishara. Especially since Ishara gets to be happy around her LOL She's all angry and annoyed around everyone else.
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

WalkthroughGoddess

#18 Post by WalkthroughGoddess »

For some reason it wont let me unzip it? It keep saying that it couldn't find the directory or something? *Frustration*

Kirlett
Regular

#19 Post by Kirlett »

I'm... I'm just...in love with this game, this story. I wanted it to be longer, because I've became really addicted to it, but it was amazing.
THE MUSIC. My God, the music. <3
Everything was awesome. I wanted to see more of Ishara and Félix♥ Their story is aww. She's so grumpy, he's so cute... aw.
I liked the tale of Ishara, too. This game was magical...
I would like to see more of this kind of stories. Adventure+Romance+Badass Heroine+Pirates= BRILLIANT.

Thank you for making this. Incredible story.
Ah! The battles were awesome! :D POISON KNIFES my favorite move hahaha

Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A
Projects: The Town Pages, Kill the Prince?! [Nano 2020]
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

#20 Post by Heiden »

I was finally able to get all the endings (I totally forgot I could just hit ignore and continue on with the battles, haha) and AAHHH I REALLY REALLY REALLY ENJOYED IT.

The dynamic between Ishara and Felix was so funny and cute and <33333. And I also liked how the other path was with her sister, and how they had to work through their past family issues. ALSO
PRINCESS. OMG. SO CUTE.

I also thought the battle system (which was really really cool) helped flesh out the character even more, since their battle skills reflected who they were as a person. (The charge skill was really helpful~)

Is it alright if I draw some fanart? :D
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!

Starling
Regular

#21 Post by Starling »

^Of course! Please! Wow XD This would be the first fanart of a character I designed. So, thank you!
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#22 Post by Amiralo »

OMG this is the best ever! I am going to draw fanart for this! I can, can I?
*SPOILER*
I found Remy to be incredibly sad, but also realistic. It added a nice air of tragedy to all the endings..
Last edited by Amiralo on Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#23 Post by Aleema »

I'm really pleased that you all enjoyed the game. Fanart would be amazing. We wanted to do CGs, alas ...

About Remy:
There wouldn't be a way to save him if he didn't want to be saved. He pretends to be held at Felix's mercy in one ending to draw them nearer, but all he needs to do is use his magic and he's free. He couldn't be taken by force, so he'd need to be talked out of it. He'd have to want to give up his revenge quest and he made it clear to Ishara that he didn't want to.

Remy was a dangerous person because he used his magic so liberally. For Haskin, using magic consumes lifespan, so Remy did not care that he was hurtling towards death with each casual spell. There's nothing more dangerous than a man who thinks he has nothing left to live for. Ishara did the only thing she thought she could do.

Originally, Ishara was to find out who he was after she killed him, but it didn't work out that way. Either way, he dies. Sorry!! :cry:
@WalkthroughGoddess: Is it possible that your download corrupted?

Starling
Regular

#24 Post by Starling »

If anyone is interested in production notes (and seeing some concept sketches) Aleema just updated the blog: http://www.happybackwards.com
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#25 Post by Amiralo »

ishara_bane_of_the_sea_by_amiralo-d8ovo5u.png
Here's the promised fan art! Hope you like it....=-=
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Aleema »

:D :D :D I love it!! Thank you!

Starling
Regular

#27 Post by Starling »

;_; Thank you so much. It's so awesome. I love everything about it, but especially that it's an action scene.
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#28 Post by Godline »

Okay, this is just fantastic. It's on my list of the few NanoReno games that get a rating of: Crap, you really made that in a MONTH?!! Really?!
The battle systems were actually enjoyable. I loved getting to pick the weapons at the end, made it feel more like strategy. And I suck at RPG battle sequences so it took me a few tries to get it at the end but I made it! Woo!
I absolutely loved the chemistry between Ishara and Felix. Felix was such a delightful cad. Haha. And their romanticy endings where he cared about her at the end gave me feels. I wish we could have found out more about the supporting characters too, well, mostly Louis the fisherman. :)
One thing though, the credits lists voice actors but I didn't hear any voices in the game. Is that for a later build?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Aleema »

No one has mentioned the voices yet ... Did anyone else not hear any voices in their game? The voices are for the battle system. I just booted up my copy of the game and they're there. If you turn off your sound, you won't hear them. We put a lot of effort into them, so I really hope they're there. Hope that's not why no one has mentioned the voices yet. xD

But thank you for the lovely review. :)

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#30 Post by Godline »

Ah, of course. It's a neat idea only having them in the battles really. :)
(Off to play again!). Re-playability = another thumbs up for you guys! ;)