❤ Cute Demon Crashers! ❤ [GxB/GxG][18+][NaNoRenO 2015]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Pudding Fluff
Regular
Projects: Cute Demon Crashers
Organization: Sugar Script
Tumblr: SugarScript

Re: ❤ Cute Demon Crashers! ❤ [GxB/GxG][18+][NaNoRenO 2015]

#61 Post by Pudding Fluff »

Ahhhh sorry for being so late ;v;

We're still working hard (coding in emotions is taking a lot longer than we expected, haha :'D )
I just played the game from beginning to the end of Mirari's intimate scene (saying yes to everything XD) and it's 17 minutes long.
So we expect the full replay experience to close to one hour long or less, depending on how fast you read.

SO... IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL, CUTE DEMON CRASHERS: MIRARI AND AKKI EDITION WILL BE RELEASED IN THE NEXT 12 HOURS ;O;

The full game will be released in a couple weeks from now, including Kael's and Orias' intimate scenes, polished things here and there and with a couple extra things~

Thanks for your patience ;O;
Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 3.32.37 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 3.33.03 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 3.33.50 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 3.35.02 PM.PNG

GrizelyBear
Regular

#62 Post by GrizelyBear »

Aww~ I don't really play 18+ games, but it looks like I'll be making an exception this time! <3

This game looks amazing, and I can't wait for the release! Good luck, and take your time~

Pudding Fluff
Regular

#63 Post by Pudding Fluff »

It's liiiive!
At least Mirari and Akki's routes :'D
http://sugarscript.itch.io/cute-demon-crashers

We'll take a break and tackle the last two characters during the month, at a slower pace :')

Let us know what you think! ^___^
WARNING: it may be way too sugary >>;

SheerGlade
Regular
Projects: Essence
Deviantart: Shinkami

#64 Post by SheerGlade »

Everything about this looks so sweet, inviting, and fun (including the group name, SugarScript - I'm still hung up on how cute that is T^T). I'm looking forward to this, especially the GxG! Part of me wants to wait for the full game, but a much larger part of me is screaming 'fhaiofhsaiofha PLAY IT NOW!' I'll definitely drop in for the full release, too. ^^

Slytex

#65 Post by Slytex »

Awww!! This game looks incredibly cute! I really want to play it now! :D

I enjoy otome games like this one because there are not many novels that treat you with care and make you feel warm inside, and at the same time let you have incredibly hot demon sex!! Though I'll probably play it censored as I find the embarrased expression of the MC really amusing. :lol:

[ Spoilered for NSFW. Maybe we should have a second thread in the Adult section? - PyTom ]
I've read that there won't be oral sex on males. To me, that is like having a birthday party without presents. :cry: I shouldn't complain because they are definitely more sexual than cute and they are overdone, plus I'm not your target audience, but you can't imagine how incredibly powerful these scenes are as an instant turn on; Even though I love so much descriptions of warm hugs and the fresh scent of hair, men in the end really work visually and need things like that to get in the mood. :oops:
That's why the advertising world floods us with suggestive images, to trap us men into buying their products. Living surrounded by those ads is like having hundreds of hands stroking you the 24 hours of the day while a soft voice whispers into your ear what products to buy.

As advertising has conditioned us to get the feelings even if all the MC does is sucking a popsicle, I suggest you to consider that very option if that's more acceptable for you and works with the tone of your novel, as some sort of fanservice for soft lips fans. :P

Pudding Fluff
Regular

#66 Post by Pudding Fluff »

@Slytex: We don't plan to add anything like that in the game, sorry, as our primary intention isn't to turn on our players.
There's other games available that have such features that cater to your tastes better in the Adult Content forums of this board :)

Slytex

#67 Post by Slytex »

Don't let me (or any other person, for that matter) blur your artistic vision of the work, specially when you are doing it for fun. I really respect that, and trying to cater to everybody always results in something that no one *truly* likes, anyways. I concede defeat. :)

I'll also wait for the full game as impatience would kill me if I only could play a part of it. On second thought, this game has 'tumblrina syndrome' written all over the place, so despite the sugar coat I'll pass. :?
Last edited by Slytex on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

rmt_2011
Regular
Projects: Lacrimosa ~ Nightmare Terror, Deceptive Dreams
Deviantart: Pie-inator

#68 Post by rmt_2011 »

The game is adorable! I really loved the consideration expressed and how cute Akki and Mirari were :3
Can't wait for Orias and Kael's routes~

Ulalaria
Regular
Completed: Faust: Scene II, Queen At Arms, Rosewater
Projects: The Owl-Woman Oracle
Tumblr: meagantrott

#69 Post by Ulalaria »

Hi! Just got done playing the Akki and Mirari routes, and I'm looking forward to the full game! It's really refreshing to come across an 18+ game with such a positive and healthy attitude about sexuality.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#70 Post by teacup »

Akki... :oops:
Well, this was awesome! I've played 18+ games before, but they were all from a male perspective - never an otome with H scenes. It did make me blush to focus on the girl's feelings and pleasure rather than the guy's, only because I wasn't used to it, but it was a nice change. I absolutely love that consent was asked multiple times and even when it wasn't you could stop anytime. I didn't feel the need to, but it was pretty awesome to have the option of not having to go further than I wanted to.

I only did Akki's path, and that's good enough for me. I've fallen in love with him and don't want to cheat on him with anyone else! He's so gentle and adorable and just aghh, I love him to bits. Expect a fan-art of him coming your way sometime soon.

This was a great experience that made me feel all warm and fluffy inside and blush a lot. I really feel like this game is a great example of how healthy sexual relationships should be. So many H games don't focus on consent at all, and otome H games are notorious for ignoring consent altogether. It makes me scared that players of those games will think that's how sexual relationships are (or should be) in real life. So I really love what you've done with this game, and instead of making me uncomfortable like I feared, it just gave me all these loving feelings.

Another thing I wanted to mention - thanks for not making me feel guilty for stopping. I tried the stop now button just to see what it was like, but I was afraid of hurting Akki's feelings. The fact that he was very accepting of it just made me love the experience more~

Thank you so much for making this unique and positive game! Although I won't cheat on my darling Akki, I wish you luck finishing the full game. ^^
Last edited by teacup on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ameliori
Veteran
Completed: Who is Mike?, Cupid
Projects: The Black Beast [Fairytale]
Organization: FERVENT
Tumblr: ameliori
itch: fervent

#71 Post by ameliori »

Bahahhahaha It is finally out! I can finally play it!

.....F-For research you see.. *ehem*

Congrats guys!
ameliori
TwitterPatreon

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

#72 Post by Rozume »

So I just played through this game. I shared some of my thoughts on twitter, but I thought I offer you guys some critique here.

This game is really boring and very tame for a game featuring sex. I understand that you wanted to teach about consent and sex positivity rather than turning on players but I felt it could've been done in a way that's more engaging. Granted, you did mentioned the game didn't have much of a plot. However, the game didn't feel like it was anything worthwhile... the "plot" or lackthereof was boring and the sex scenes didn't feel very sexy.

Furthermore, the characters constantly asking the MC "is this okay? is this okay?" got really annoying really fast. I also felt having a stop button was pointless (and it didn't appear all the time during the scenes), especially if you're going to have choices where you can stop at any moment.

The characters themselves are nothing special, they feel more like tacked on traits more than anything.

Overall, I felt that it was too safe and too bland. It's an okay game, and you guys done a good job on it, but it's not very engaging or particularly memorable.

That being said, I wish you guys luck if you make another game!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#73 Post by teacup »

Rozume wrote:Furthermore, the characters constantly asking the MC "is this okay? is this okay?" got really annoying really fast. I also felt having a stop button was pointless (and it didn't appear all the time during the scenes), especially if you're going to have choices where you can stop at any moment.
To me it never felt annoying, but considerate.
Possibly TMI so under spoilers:
In my own sexual experiences, my most memorable was with a person who did just that - constantly ask if I was okay. It makes you feel special and that they actually care about your pleasure, and not just their own. Sex can be scary and if it's not done right it can be painful or just plain uncomfortable. Although this is just a game, and obviously not based on reality, in real life, constant reassurance is necessary... especially when you're having sex with someone for the first time and they don't know what you like yet/what you don't like. The person you're with needs to ask you if they can touch you under your clothes. They need to ask if you like what they're doing. I really thought that was a nice touch to the game and appreciated that it was added in. I don't think this game would have been as special if the characters didn't ask before doing something, even simple things like touching, especially since the game is about consent and positivity.
Of course, that's just my opinion! Sorry if it wasn't needed, I just wanted to share why I felt like the constant asking was a good thing, even if it could be seen as annoying/excessive.

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

#74 Post by Rozume »

@teacup
Everyone's experiences are different. In my experience, my partner didn't need to ask for my consent all the time because he knew I trusted him. And if there was something I wasn't okay with, he knew I'd tell him. I personally don't think constant reassurance is necessary in life, but that's just my opinion.

Pudding Fluff
Regular

#75 Post by Pudding Fluff »

@rmt_2011 & Ulalaria: glad you liked it so far :D

@teacup: Glad you liked Akki so much, he's a cutie <3 (And he doesn't mind sharing, so go play the other routes, haha)

@Rozume: We see how this game can be see as extremely boring by somebody that doesn't like this kind of thing :)
The game itself was a silly and fun thing we wanted to do, almost like a demo of the type of sex scenes we hope to see in the future. I think we already mentioned we weren't planning for the scenes to be sexy either (honestly, we were just aiming for sugary and cute). The theme of the game was consent and we put all our money on that, while the characters and "plot" were just excuses to have the rest.
About the asking things again and again, when we planned this game, we were told by other people that the consent thing would be annoying for people that are comfortable with sex. We decided to keep it, though, since we felt it was okay for us. We do wish there was a better method, but it'd probably take more than the nano deadline and some advanced coding to find a way to make it flow more naturally. ^^; If anyone comes up with a more organic solution, we hope to see it implemented in the future. =)
Oh, the stop button disappearing is because we thought it would be weird
to have while the MC right before or during climax, or when the whole thing was over or close to over.
We arguably could get rid of the "I'd like to stop now" choice that shows up every now and then and only keep the Stop button. We may discuss it for the full version of the game :)

Thanks for the critique and for giving it a try, even if it wasn't your thing!

----

Edit:
Btw (sorry for the edit), this is what *we* (and specially me, the artist) wanted to see. We hope that people in the future will improve upon what we did, do their own thing with their own sexual preferences, and do versions that they feel would have worked better than ours!

We honestly wanted to do this for ourselves and people like us, and we think we're reaching the people we intended to, while also making other developers go "hey, I want to do that too!" or "I can do that better" and go ahead and do it :D
that was one of our goals with the game, so if in the future we can see games with scenes like this (and better, hopefully!) we'll feel totally accomplished :)