Yuuki's Art Journey [Feedback Appreciated!]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

Re: My drawing and coloring - Updated

#91 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

It's been a long time since last I posted something here, so I thought I'll post some drawings that I didn't post on DA to show my personal progress?
I'm thankful there're many nice people in LSF who gave a lot of pointers on how to draw and improving them. I laughed a bit when I look at my old drawings, remembering when I used to post them and waited for people to give their critique and pointers for me so I can fix it.

This one is a birthday present for one of my friend, I'm doing a collaboration with Linka a friend of mine
she's coloring it and I'm doing the sketch
10520753_822163027804305_6068607622731047022_n.jpg
For this one, it's still a WIP, I think I drew it a few months ago but can't find the right colors and mood to finish it haha
Kaneki.jpg
and this one is a WIP too, probably will finish it after nanoreno... or not :"
I actually draw this girl and her complete butt lol but some of my friends told me it's too sexy, so to be safe I cropped it a bit before posting it here
HistoriaWIP2.jpg
I hope other artist will not give up in practicing more to grow their talents! and I still looking for advice to improve my drawings :D
Last edited by YuukiCrossPudding on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#92 Post by chocojax »

Hey, nice to see you back! And yeah, you've definitely improved a whole lot! (And aaaaaaa, Kaneki!)

Mmm, for advice...
@ Kaneki.jpg: His hand is placed too far up that it looks awkward. I'd suggest tilting it downward, so that it'll also overlap over his clothes. And for the right colors, maybe make the flower brighter than everything else, so that it brings a bit of variety to the overall picture?

@ Butt: I think you can definitely bring in some brighter colors to this as well, since it's a bit too grey/dull at the moment. I really do like the tones you used for her skin, though! A few blues might change up the extremely warm tones, mb.

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?

#93 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

@chocojax Thanks! I'm really happy to be able to improve, sometimes I'll just find that "eureka!" moment and my drawing skills are leveling up... kinda :lol:
oh and thanks for your advice that time!

Ooh I'll do that to the flower next time, and yeah I found his hand to be a bit awkward, still need to practice drawing more hands
...my hands need to practice drawing more hands #handception #badpun #srycan'tresist
:lol: give that butt some love!
Actually I did it on purpose making the colors a bit dull, I wanted to change how I color things, because I found my coloring style is too.. sparkly? Glowy? I really wanted to know how to color in a soft tones, so I thought maybe I can do it if I try coloring in "not so flashy" colors
....but welllll I failed. This one will look better if I used my recent style :"
I'll just whip up a new drawing later to experiment more

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#94 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

I'm totally bored, boredddd
I want to draw something cheery and cute! So well.... I try drawing this for no reason, then in the middle of it become a session of experimenting and trying things, it's still unfinished though :lol: I appreciate any critique/advices!
WIP2.jpg

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#95 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Another collaboration with Linka!
Like usual I did the lining and she's coloring it!
11143418_947216838632256_2352661561866629269_n.jpg
We're like.. totally tired with things and decide to do a quick collaboration.

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#96 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

If anyone still remember the old project (Turnip) I started on 2011 and went on hiatus from 2013 :"D
Got a bit nostalgic this morning and decide to re-design things a bit based from the old arts!
2013_2015Kabuko.jpg
Kabuko.jpg
I'll work on the arts for the project on my own pace and maybe when it's all finished I'll try to revive the project again somehow
I'm not sure if I should make a new post or just edit the old one haha

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#97 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Her new design is so cute! And she has clothes too this time |D
Make sure you tell me when you revive the game ok

<3

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#98 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

@nero279 Thanks nero! Yeah I guess in the past I have zero sense for fashion :"D haha
the clothes based on my own clothes btw
and of course I will! <3 and tell me if you're planning to work again on Rebellion!

While I'm at it, another doodle of the character of TiL
doodles.jpg

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#99 Post by TsukiShima »

You reeeeeally have improved a lot! Congratulations! ;; q ;; Please keep up the good work!

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#100 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

@TsukiShima Thankieeess ///// I'm glad I've improved! and yes, I hope I can improve more in the future!

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Yuuki's Art Journey - Updated

#101 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Slowly working on TiL, doing the rough sketch first at the moment.
2nd.jpg
and oh my gosh, his old design is so-- idk what to say

IMPROVEMENT IS REAL, YOU CAN DO IT GUYS!

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#102 Post by King-sama »

You have really improved in all sides XD

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#103 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Updating the page, it's been awhile~ Both of the art are work in progress though
Been a bit busy with college, upcoming exams and hectic schedules this semester. My health hasn't been that good too lately, maybe because we have bad weather these days ;;
I rarely got time to draw and that frustrates me a lot, maybe that's why I didn't improve that much. I want to test new software, technique and trying out traditional painting again ><" Also learning more on anatomy, colors and aesthetics. Maybe I should took short term courses on animation too when I have time! <3
Edit : I've been saving to buy myself a birthday present this year, since I'll be turning 21 soon. Maybe a new drawing tablet? I've been targeting Cintiq 13HD-- but I'm not sure if it'll really helps improving my art skills or not *rambling* I'll probably ask to try it out first at the shop.
JiminLie_Fanart.jpg
MaleSprite2.jpg
Edit :
@King-sama : Thank you xD I'm glad the improvement is progressing steadily, I'll try to improve more and become a better artist with every piece of art I draw!

pinqo
Regular
Projects: secret Σ(ノ°▽°)ノ
Tumblr: pinqo
Deviantart: pinqo

Re: Yuuki's Art Journey

#104 Post by pinqo »

ohhh, wow! holy SHMOLY the improvement is just SO AMAZING WOW. i'm so impressed!! wwwannngggg. i love all the boys you draw <3333

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Yuuki's Art Journey

#105 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Updating the post with fanarts I made during last months xD
1.jpg
Moonbok.jpg
Moonbok.jpg
YYS (2).jpg
@pinqo aww ;; thanks a lot! <3