Our Personal Space [Sci-fi] [Relationship Sim] [Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

Re: Our Personal Space [Sci-fi] [Relationship Sim] [Free]

#46 Post by Akitsuki »

This looks interesting! Downloading it right now! I'll tell you more once I play it :)

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#47 Post by Midnighticequeen »

This game was amazing! :D I loved it. It was something new, I loved the setting, I loved the interactions you can have between your husband and the other settlers. I liked the sense of being helpful and appreciated by the others, and I liked to see actual results for her hard work. It was an awesome game. I honestly would have bought it if it was for sale.

Seriously though, this game made me so very, very happy.

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#48 Post by qirien »

@MidnightIceQueen wow, thank you so much! I had the lofty goal of examining some of the components of happiness in this game, so I'm glad that came through. :-)
Finished games:

Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

#49 Post by Jo'ogn »

I had my first play through. That's a nicely done project. Being someone who prolongs working on his projects for decades... >_> My respect for finishing such kind of "different" game.

Towards the end, where ("my") Kelly
showed her doubts about staying. I wondered if she'd get the chance to choose to leave. I got Ending 2. And there was no such choice to make though...
In some occasions I wish I had more choices for discussions. Some events felt "too short", but then again, working myself on a game with relationship development (including an underlying story) I am aware of how complex this would get if you'd need to keep track of on-going or "non-going" quarrels between colonists...

^-^b
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran

#50 Post by qirien »

@Jo'ogn I appreciate your honest feedback. Adding more detail and complexity is something I am definitely working on. :-)
As for the ending...
The player only gets a choice if her relationship to her husband and/or the community is poor enough. Otherwise, she decides to stay.
Finished games:

Geocorn
Deviantart: gpsc

#51 Post by Geocorn »

I just finished my first playthrough and got the 2nd ending. I ended up with 75 on the relationship score but only 52 on community. Not sure if that's good or bad. I went into the playthrough totally blind, I found this VN on tumblr. During the 1st act I wasn't quite sure what to make of the experience, but then the management aspects in the rest of the game kept me engaged. I wish story elements had been a little longer and more frequent personally. It was hard to feel that connected with the characters only seeing them once a month. But with that said, this is definitely one of the best free Ren'Py offerings by far.

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran

#52 Post by qirien »

@Geocorn, that is soo close to getting the "best" ending (though the "good" ending is almost as good, IMHO). I know what you mean about feeling disconnected from the characters; I think if I wrote it again, I would not have quite so many NPCs! :-)

Also, we received a glowing review from Otome BS:
http://welcometootomehell.tumblr.com/po ... onal-space
Thank you!
Finished games:

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran

#53 Post by qirien »

I was interviewed by my alma mater, BYU, about the creation process for this game! You can read it here:
http://cpms.byu.edu/byu-alumna-tackles- ... ereotypes/
Finished games:

trevers18
Regular
Projects: As Fate Would Have It

#54 Post by trevers18 »

I recently finished this game, getting all three endings (yes, even the bad one - FRICKIN' HEARTBREAKING), and I have to say that I love the interactions between Kelly and Jack. The adorable nicknames and all the flirting was so cheesy but at the same time it was the perfect amount of cheese and adorable. I really liked the mix between sci-fi and frontier...-ism. I've never seen something quite like that before. Seriously, great game. LOVE IT. <3

Kunabee

#55 Post by Kunabee »

I love this game!
I got "Love Grows" on my very first playthrough, and despite my best attempts I just can't bring myself to break the two up. I just love them too much!
They remind me a LOT of myself and my boyfriend, and I have no doubt we will be EXACTLY LIKE THIS when we get married.

So you know xD

EDIT:
FINALLY managed to not have a kid.

When's the earliest you can have a baby anyway?

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran

#56 Post by qirien »

Hey, Kunabee and trevers18! Thanks for playing; I'm so glad you liked it!

As for pregnancy...
The earliest you can get pregnant is if you choose to try to have kids right away, while on the shuttle. Then you get pregnant in month 14 and have the baby right before the end of the game. If you change your mind about having kids, then you can get pregnant right before the end of the game.
Finished games:

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran

#57 Post by qirien »

Hey, in case anyone is interested, I'll be at Indiecade 2015. On Thursday I'll have a demo table with Our Personal Space postcards (and WANTED: Dragon postcards) to give away! If you live in the L.A. area, stop by and see me this weekend!
Postcard front.jpg
Finished games:

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#58 Post by Godline »

These are the best. :)
(I wish I could go! )

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#59 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I finally got a chance to play this game! Had been putting it off, but downloaded it and feel ashamed I didn't play this sooner!
This was a really good game. It had a lot to do, and I love how it is about a marriage and adapting to living on a distant planet with new challenges. I got Ending 2 "Making it work" with 75 out of 75 Relationship and I think my colony score was 51? Can't remember, but I thoroughly enjoyed the game! I of course, have come critism and things like that, but I'll save that in a full review, since I was requested to review it on my blo,g Breaking Metal Windows like...months ago....hadn't posted all year on my blog like I had promised, so might as well kick start it again with this review! I'll link you once it is up.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

SilkSpider

#60 Post by SilkSpider »

Holy smokes I love this game.

Uhh.. is it weird that I think the PC's husband is really stupid and annoying, Brennan is SMOKING hot, and I love the "bad" ending the most?