Looking for Artists and possibly a Writer

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
WizzyGameMaster
Regular
Projects: Misfits. Summon!
Deviantart: WizzyGameMaster

Looking for Artists and possibly a Writer

#1 Post by WizzyGameMaster »

First off, I'm looking for one, maybe two artists who are willing to do some character sprites and some cgs for free.
I will be honest, I may potentially be a bit picky about the designs. (However, I will restrain myself as much as I am able.) But I can give you a sort of reference image to what I picture the characters to look like. (Most of the characters anyway. And I'll be pretty flexible with the designs, for the most part.)

Also, as I am not that good with writing romantic or fluffy scenes, I am hoping to find someone who is more experienced with writing that sort of stuff.
This writer would only have to write up the scenes and will not be responsible for any of the Ren'Py coding and whatever you want to call it.

If I have to, I am capable of doing these things one my own. I'd much rather not, but if that is how fate decides it, then so be it.

The lovely little project is Misfits.
Each of our little characters are 'misfits' among their own kind. Or rather, they're so different that their own kind aren't very accepting of them. Of these, we have an Incubus, a Demon, a Human, an Angel, a Werewolf, as well as two others who I will not reveal what they are quite yet. For our non-humans, their personalities are intended to be opposites of the common stereotypes for their race.
I can't really go into much detail yet, since it's hardly been started, but if you want to ask any questions about it or you're interested, just say so.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am also looking for someone to do backgrounds as well.
Last edited by WizzyGameMaster on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rockets
Projects: jerkcity_ebooks dating sim
Tumblr: dickmissiles

Re: Looking for Artists and possibly a Writer

#2 Post by rockets »

I am interested in creating character sprites. Can you provide character references and art-style preferences?

WizzyGameMaster
Regular

#3 Post by WizzyGameMaster »

rockets wrote:I am interested in creating character sprites. Can you provide character references and art-style preferences?
I prefer more anime-styled types of artwork, if that's what you mean.

As for the character reference, the attachment on this was sort of what I was thinking for them. These are just some other sprites that I edited and messed with (mostly for fun) and are what I'm currently using as placeholders. (I would have drawn the references myself, but I cannot draw people.)
These are just human forms for them, and the designs aren't definite. I wouldn't mind if the designs were greatly change. But I am quite fond of Zero's reference image, so he would be the only one that I for sure want to look as much like the reference as possible.
Leo, Blake, & Vincent could probably use a complete remake though.
Some of them also have their "non-human" forms that I do not have refernces for.

From left to right: Blake (our demon), Zero (he's a secret for now), Vincent (Angel), Seth (another secret), Leo (Werewolf), Ian (Incubus)

These are just our main characters, except for our Shapeshifter and the player's character (who for the time being is named Merlin.)
Our Shapeshifter shows up in random forms, so his design is not all that important for now. As for "Merlin," she isn't seen except in one scene where you see her as a child.
There are a few side characters too, but I have no references for them.

I think that's it. If there are anymore questions, just ask.
Attachments
001.png

rockets
Projects: jerkcity_ebooks dating sim
Tumblr: dickmissiles

#4 Post by rockets »

a sample of my art style can be found here. please let me know if that's the kind of drawing you'd like!

MasterPuppeteer
Regular
Projects: WIP Fantasy/Adventure VN
Tumblr: wolfganghelps
Deviantart: muhshroom

#5 Post by MasterPuppeteer »

Hello!

I'm very intrigued by the plot you wrote, and I'd be really interested in helping you write! I'm going to assume you want a writing sample? If so, would you prefer it to be something romantic/fluffy, since those are the things you said you particularly needed help with?

Anywho, just thought I'd let you know, so just in case any other volunteers show up, you'll know to wait for my sample! :)

Best of luck on your project!

EDIT: Actually I just added some examples to my services post! However, they're not romantic/fluffy, so I'm working on editing another piece up right now, and I'll send it over in a bit! Check the post out here!

EDIT2: I updated my post with a romantic-based sample. It's actually not super fluffy or romantic, but I think? it should showcase my skills well enough!

WizzyGameMaster
Regular

#6 Post by WizzyGameMaster »

rockets wrote:a sample of my art style can be found here. please let me know if that's the kind of drawing you'd like!
I'm not so sure how well that style would go with this particular project. I was thinking of an art style more like the references. But I may get back to you on that. That style would be more fitting than anything I could create.

MasterPuppeteer wrote:I'm very intrigued by the plot you wrote, and I'd be really interested in helping you write! I'm going to assume you want a writing sample? If so, would you prefer it to be something romantic/fluffy, since those are the things you said you particularly needed help with?

Anywho, just thought I'd let you know, so just in case any other volunteers show up, you'll know to wait for my sample! :)

Best of luck on your project!

EDIT: Actually I just added some examples to my services post! However, they're not romantic/fluffy, so I'm working on editing another piece up right now, and I'll send it over in a bit! Check the post out here!

EDIT2: I updated my post with a romantic-based sample. It's actually not super fluffy or romantic, but I think? it should showcase my skills well enough!
I like your writing style. Perhaps you might be interested in helping me plan out some other scenes as well? I haven't fully figured out all the plot details quite yet and it might be good to have someone else to discuss it with.

MasterPuppeteer
Regular
Projects: WIP Fantasy/Adventure VN
Tumblr: wolfganghelps
Deviantart: muhshroom

#7 Post by MasterPuppeteer »

WizzyGameMaster wrote: I like your writing style. Perhaps you might be interested in helping me plan out some other scenes as well? I haven't fully figured out all the plot details quite yet and it might be good to have someone else to discuss it with.
Thanks! :) And yes, I'd be happy to help flesh out the plot!

CuteKiwiKitty
Deviantart: CuteKiwiKitty

#8 Post by CuteKiwiKitty »

Your story seems really interesting, I would like to help with the drawings if you think my art style fits okay ^^

You can see examples of my art here http://cutekiwikitty.deviantart.com/gallery/

WizzyGameMaster
Regular

#9 Post by WizzyGameMaster »

CuteKiwiKitty wrote:Your story seems really interesting, I would like to help with the drawings if you think my art style fits okay ^^
Actually, I think your art style might just be perfect for this one.
I'm guessing you're interested in working on the character sprites? I will warn you though, it's very likely that there will be quite a few of them.

CuteKiwiKitty
Deviantart: CuteKiwiKitty

#10 Post by CuteKiwiKitty »

WizzyGameMaster wrote: Actually, I think your art style might just be perfect for this one.
I'm guessing you're interested in working on the character sprites? I will warn you though, it's very likely that there will be quite a few of them.
Great! And yes, I'm interested in doing the sprites, and I think it'll probably be okay if there are a lot.

WizzyGameMaster
Regular

#11 Post by WizzyGameMaster »

CuteKiwiKitty wrote:Great! And yes, I'm interested in doing the sprites, and I think it'll probably be okay if there are a lot.
Great. There's no specific time it has to be done by, so even if there are a lot, there's more than enough time to do them. It'll take me awhile to get the whole thing written anyway.