Circum[N]avigate [SciFiFantasy][Otome]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: Circum[N]avigate [SciFiFantasy][Otome]

#31 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Yes I second the save slot but, otherwise, very very good for a first attempt! I'd only say maybe incorporate the flower design in the texbox into the corners maybe?
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

nosoclever

#32 Post by nosoclever »

Yay! update, i liked the gui a lot, its simple and elegant <3 i think its perfect the way it is :3
and the saves, i tend to save scenes from the game that i like a lot , so i can see them again and again, so yeah more saves would be great :3
am so eager to play this >.<
warning bad english :v

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#33 Post by teacup »

Wow, I'm so glad you all like it!
I added a slight texture overlay, and per Hazel-bun's recommendation, I put the flower insignia in there too. It's not too noticeable unless you're looking at the full resolution, but I feel satisfied with it now. c:
I also added several more pages of saves. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't save too often, so I didn't even think about it!

And I just noticed in the second screenshot that the drop shadow is missing... aghhh, I wanna be finished with this darn thing already! ~_~

Rem-chan
Regular

#34 Post by Rem-chan »

teacup wrote:Wow, I'm so glad you all like it!
I added a slight texture overlay, and per Hazel-bun's recommendation, I put the flower insignia in there too. It's not too noticeable unless you're looking at the full resolution, but I feel satisfied with it now. c:
I also added several more pages of saves. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't save too often, so I didn't even think about it!

And I just noticed in the second screenshot that the drop shadow is missing... aghhh, I wanna be finished with this darn thing already! ~_~

Whoa! I love the layout of the settings menu and stuff >O< it looks really sleek!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#35 Post by teacup »

Thanks Rem-chan! I'm glad you think so! :>

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated lately - I underestimated how busy I would be this part of the year. Term's ending soon and I've got final exams to study for, several papers to write, a job, and I'm moving house next month as well. So long story short, I've got very little time to actually work on this, and when I do have free time, I'm so tired I just sleep xD
But good news! I've found a special person to help me red-line the CGs for the game. While I'm still the artist, having that extra help is going to improve the quality a lot.
Anyway, just thought I should explain why updates may be slow for a few more weeks. And to have to have something to show, here's the sketch so far of Fain's second pose. There are errors there, but ignore them for now. I promise I'll fix them when I actually line it. =v=

Oh! And once this project is done, I already know what I'll be working on next. It's something that should make a lot of um... formerly disappointed people happy, I think :D but I'm getting ahead of myself now, kekeke

Geckos
Veteran
Completed: Brilliant Shadows, Perceptions of the Dead, The Phantom Icecream Truck
Projects: Embers of Magic, Pale Spectrum, Perceptions of the Dead
Organization: Ithaqua Labs
Tumblr: geckosart
Deviantart: sitaart

#36 Post by Geckos »

Lovely outfits and colors! Keep up the good work.
Image ImageImage

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#37 Post by teacup »

Thank you so much Geckos! I'll definitely keep it up!
If anyone's curious, here's my schedule for the game. :)

This month: Finish all sprites (Four left - Fain second pose, Grandpa, Elreine, Dahlia)

May: Begin CGs. I'm planning to have 30 in the game, so I'll try to do about 10 per month, while still working on the script.

June: 10 CGs, scripting

July: 10 CGs, scripting

August: CGs should be finished now. Script should be finished now. At this point, I'll be looking for proofreaders, testers, and working on extras (promo images, an opening video).

September: Spend first half of the month adding finishing touches. If all goes well, the game will be out near the end of September.

Let's hope I can stick to it. Feel free to kick me in the butt if I get off track, guys. :)

yoshibb
Veteran

#38 Post by yoshibb »

That is a really impressive amount of work you are going to do. It's good that you have a schedule for it. Good luck but I know you can do it :)

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#39 Post by teacup »

Thank you! Having a schedule really helps keep me on track. If I didn't have one, progress would be all over the place. It's useful to have everything I need to do laid out in front of me like that. :)

And now... Finally done with Fain! Thank goodness - I don't know why, but I had soooo much trouble with this sprite. I swear I redrew his face at least 8 times.
Oh and did I mention the sprites do cool things like blinking? :D It really helps bring the game to life.

Onto the side characters (after I get rid of this huge cramp in my hand xD)!!

cutemia123

#40 Post by cutemia123 »

This looks so cool. I really love your art works. I'm kinda new at this so please excuse me if i said anything wrong. I think that your story line is very interesting and the characters are also very nicely done. Well even though i haven't played the game yet i think that it would be great. Please try your best.
P/s: It might be weird to ask this but have you considered making a bxb game ?

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#41 Post by MomoiroGirl »

Welcome back! :D Good to hear you're better! Your art also looks better than ever :D Good luck working on the game! :D You've got lots of supporters! ^^

Pneumokok

#42 Post by Pneumokok »

Hi, teacup!

I actually registered on this forum only to comment on this topic ;w;
I've been visiting the forum frequently and when I first got here I first found your game "[P]lanets". It was one of the first visual novels I ever played and I have loved it ever since. I was waiting for the sequel, but it wasn't coming, and when I saw this topic I thought I'll die from happiness Q_Q
I love your works so much (I know I just played one, but still XD) and I'm so excited for this one! I understand why you might have wanted to make something new instead of working with the "old" scenery, and I'm really curious how it will turn out, though I'm sure it will be perfect :D
I was waiting for this game for months, but I would wait another year if I had to, just take your time and enjoy creating it, it is after all something that you should enjoy making and be satisfied with results.
I love your style, your writing is really good and drawings are so awesome, I wish i could draw like that! And from what you uploaded I see you improved since "[P]lanets", so congratulations, you're making progress from very good to amazing ^^

Keep doing what you're doing, and know that you are making a lot of people happy with that :)
Good luck and thank you so much <3

kukiko-tan
Regular
Completed: Fear Not
Projects: The Song of the Caged Crow, Revealed Royalty, The Golden Seed
Organization: RONI
Deviantart: kukiko-tan

#43 Post by kukiko-tan »

There's so much progress since "(P)lanets!", both art-wise and plot-wise!
I like the sprites (especially their color palette) and the GUI is really nice and neat.
While I'm honestly not a fan of SF, this story seems very intriguing and it piqued my interest when I saw it combined with fantasy.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#44 Post by teacup »

Guys, I finally finished my exams! That means I have lots of time to work on this again.
Sprites were supposed to be finished already, but I've literally had no time. I'm going to do my best to get them finished within the next week or two. Now that I have a break from school, expect more regular updates. :)
I don't have anything to show for now, but just know that I will have a lot to show you very soon!
cutemia123 wrote:This looks so cool. I really love your art works. I'm kinda new at this so please excuse me if i said anything wrong. I think that your story line is very interesting and the characters are also very nicely done. Well even though i haven't played the game yet i think that it would be great. Please try your best.
P/s: It might be weird to ask this but have you considered making a bxb game ?
Thank you so much! You didn't say anything wrong at all, no worries. :) I'll definitely do my best!
As for a BxB game, I've never considered it. I'd like to focus on making games with female protagonists.
MomoiroGirl wrote:Welcome back! :D Good to hear you're better! Your art also looks better than ever :D Good luck working on the game! :D You've got lots of supporters! ^^
Thank you so much for welcoming me back! ^__^ I'm so glad to know I've got your support!
Pneumokok wrote:Hi, teacup!

I actually registered on this forum only to comment on this topic ;w;
I've been visiting the forum frequently and when I first got here I first found your game "[P]lanets". It was one of the first visual novels I ever played and I have loved it ever since. I was waiting for the sequel, but it wasn't coming, and when I saw this topic I thought I'll die from happiness Q_Q
I love your works so much (I know I just played one, but still XD) and I'm so excited for this one! I understand why you might have wanted to make something new instead of working with the "old" scenery, and I'm really curious how it will turn out, though I'm sure it will be perfect :D
I was waiting for this game for months, but I would wait another year if I had to, just take your time and enjoy creating it, it is after all something that you should enjoy making and be satisfied with results.
I love your style, your writing is really good and drawings are so awesome, I wish i could draw like that! And from what you uploaded I see you improved since "[P]lanets", so congratulations, you're making progress from very good to amazing ^^

Keep doing what you're doing, and know that you are making a lot of people happy with that :)
Good luck and thank you so much <3
Aww, this message really means a lot to me. There's no reason to thank me, you're the one I should be thanking! I'm very flattered to receive this message.
Thank you so much for the support. ;_; <3
I'll do everything I can to finish this game on time so you don't have to wait any longer than you already have!
kukiko-tan wrote:There's so much progress since "(P)lanets!", both art-wise and plot-wise!
I like the sprites (especially their color palette) and the GUI is really nice and neat.
While I'm honestly not a fan of SF, this story seems very intriguing and it piqued my interest when I saw it combined with fantasy.
Thank you!!
Science fiction fantasy is actually pretty different from science fiction. Here's a good definition from wikipedia:
Distinguishing between science fiction and fantasy, Rod Serling claimed that the former was "the improbable made possible" while the latter was "the impossible made probable".[2] As a combination of the two, science fantasy gives a scientific veneer of realism to things that simply could not happen in the real world under any circumstances. Where science fiction does not permit the existence of fantasy or supernatural elements, science fantasy explicitly relies upon them.
I think a simple way to explain that is... just try to imagine a world where there are a lot of fantasy elements, things that couldn't happen in reality, but those things are given a scientific explanation as if they could be real. I'm not a huge fan of pure science fiction myself, so this story will be quite different than that. I really hope it lives up to your expectations!

siyereeee
Deviantart: siyereeee

#45 Post by siyereeee »

Welcome back, teacup~! Image I am so glad to see you back. I really loved your game "(P)lanet", and surely this one too~Image Btw your art really improved~ Niceee :D Goodluck with this~ Image
I Image weird stuffs~ Image