pERMANENT iNK (["What If?"][School][Mystery][Supernatural])

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: pERMANENT iNK (["What If?"][School][Mystery][Supernatura

#16 Post by Googaboga »

Cool menu :3. It's nice that things are coming along ^^.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

eime-leen
Regular
Projects: I want to 'revive' my old projects one day...
Deviantart: eime-leen

#17 Post by eime-leen »

Thanks Googaboga!
---
* The old sprites have become concept art now. I do like Jasmine's and Hayden's hair sprites still. Boring Greg is also set for a makeover. ;)

* Figured I suck at making music. Still hoping to keep the titles in the music room. I will try to find someone to make the music! Or as a last resort, use free resources.
* I am working on the new sprites. They take a lot of time to do. Will post some soon! :wink:

xxstrangesoulxx

#18 Post by xxstrangesoulxx »

This game looks good. I'm very interested in the plot. I've always liked the idea of someone having a magical pen and having what they write come true.

You're doing all this by yourself? I wish you luck. I look forward to playing this one day. :)

eime-leen
Regular
Projects: I want to 'revive' my old projects one day...
Deviantart: eime-leen

#19 Post by eime-leen »

Wow! This feels weird, bumping my visual novel's board after almost a year! :? I think this will help motivate me a little. (Sorry, it also feels awkward to read past comments and posts...)
  • I gained interest in pERMANENT iNK (PI) again due to "Jealous" Jasmine. Gosh, she can be a really interesting character! I would like to first introduce characters with stereotypes and then later break them.
  • I also gained a little interest in "Childhood friend" Conan. While not thinking about PI, I have been thinking about another story (or two) that has connections to PI...
  • Britney is the least developed character right now... she's just Maya's enemy I guess.
  • Going through Brendan's path again felt empowering! Although I still need to work on the writing/realism.
Kirsty, Brendan, and Hayden were drawn back in Sept 2014. I may fix the lines/colouring or just re-draw them with similar poses.
Image Image Image

Now I want to re-do the sprites for the final time. With my new-found interest in Jasmine, I've almost finished her first outline (hard-to-draw hands :cry: ):
Maybe planning to do 2 poses and 2 different clothing/accessories per character (weird to see them wear the same thing every day :lol: ). And I've also been more organized with the sprite layers (separate head, body, and facial expression).

So, my plan is that I'll be working on PI from time to time during the summer. I'm pretty sure I can't finish it in that time frame, since I (will admit that I) can't draw backgrounds and need to work on that. :( Well, there's always next year! :roll: