Butterfly Syndrome [BxB] [Drama]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
- Eris
Regular

Re: Butterfly Syndrome [BxB] [Drama]

#16 Post by - Eris »

Story sounds interesting and the art is amazing, I'm looking forward to it!!!

daijinahito
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea & A+ Switch!

#17 Post by daijinahito »

@Eris, thanks so much for the support! It really means a lot to hear people are interested in the game. Not only for me, but also for the other people who are involved in the making of this game. : )

Update time:

Ok, so I have good news and bad news.

Bad news: The demo is going to be pushed to a later date. I will not have the assets together by the end of May and am currently unsure of when the sprite artist, Nero, is available to work on sprites again. As soon as I get word that she's available again, I will post an update as soon as possible.

Good news: Badriel has almost completely finished the BG commissions I've ordered. Soon I will have some samples available. I will not be able to hire him again until July due to his busy schedule and will only have 3 BGs to work with in the demo, which is pretty dang limited now that I think about it.

There are more scenes in the demo that require more BGs and so I am hit with a question on what I should do about the demo. I can either hurry up and release the demo ASAP with filler BGs, or I will push the demo's release even further so that I can save up enough money to hire Badriel for all of the BG scenes I will need for the demo.

Well, looks like the good news kind of digressed into bad news, ha ha...

I am planning on having a Kickstarter campaign as soon as a demo is released so I think it may be a better decision to hold off on a demo until most of the assets are together. I am still making this decision though, and will get back with everyone once I've come to a decent conclusion.

Thank you all who continue to keep up with this project!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#18 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Hope you're still working on this.

daijinahito
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea & A+ Switch!

#19 Post by daijinahito »

Lesleigh63 wrote:Hope you're still working on this.
Well, unfortunately I am putting this demo release on hold. I don't have enough resources to put one together. / :
I don't have any character sprites to work with at the moment and only 3 BGs that will limit me to where characters can go, pretty dramatically. Other than that, I've decided to re-work the story line and build the story as whole, instead of building the demo
as an independent entity. College and work have been keeping me busy as well, so it's really a slow process.
For now, I can't say when a demo will be available, but I will be working on it in my spare time. Thank you so much for keeping up with the game, and I'm very sorry for the long delay. ) : This project is very much alive, it's just not ready to be shown publicly, yet. I will continue to update the thread periodically.