Writer/Translator [free/paid] {temporary closed}

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
MegaElla
Regular

Writer/Translator [free/paid] {temporary closed}

#1 Post by MegaElla »

About me
I am a English student seeking for projects. I wrote a wattpad book (it's in spanish tough) and when finished it I was anxious about writing, but I didn't want to write another book because the first one is getting published. And when I found that in this site I could find work to do I decided to do this.
Translating
I am native Spanish, which is a complicated language in many way, for example many words have accents and there are many rules in the language; león, país, anunciéis.. Those were some examples. The translating I'm willing to do it free since I'm not a Spanish student.

Genre

I have experience the most in Otome, Supernatural, Comedy, Romance, Drama, Tragedy and Slice of Life

Samples
It's a windy day, I'm not in the mood of listening to the teacher today, not even spacing out looking at Erik's face is gonna cheer me up today. I want to get in the first plane to Ireland and go see my grandmother, she's been quite ill since last summer and she fell into coma a week ago. Mother called yesterday just to tell me. I look at my left side and I see Deborah listening to music, I look at my right side and I see Mara kissing with Lucas. I get my cellphone and text my mother, I tell her that I need to see Granny before she dies.
"Well, aren't we looking cute today-a-ay" says Steve arrogantly. "You are so frigging annoying" I tell him. "It’s call being unique and special babe!" he smiles while saying it. "Then go be 'special' and 'unique' elsewhere!" I scream at him madly.

I know, my manners with him are zero, why? He pisses me off at the first time he can, even though he's like a brother and since he's always flirting with me that is just... INCEST... okay maybe it isn't but I feel wrong when he flirts with me and that’s that.
Prices
*For Non-Commercial projects I don't charge, unless you want to pay me.
*And for Commercial projects I charge $0.02 the word (1,000 words = 20$)

If you are interested on working with me you can contact me through e-mail or PM.

e-mail: yoanelita@gmail.com
Last edited by MegaElla on Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

Re: Writer/Translator looking for new projects [free/paid]

#2 Post by firecat »

wait $20 for a paragraph that's kind of too much.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

MegaElla
Regular

#3 Post by MegaElla »

firecat wrote:wait $20 for a paragraph that's kind of too much.
It's not per paragraph it's for every 1,000 words

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by firecat »

MegaElla wrote:
Its equal to a paragraph (five sentences or more), you basicly saying you are worth $1000 for writing.

One cent per word is what the majority of people who know English as a first language will earn initially. Writers out of country will often complete work for much less, but the money they earn is up to par with the price of living in their area so it works out.

If you have a good amount of work to show for yourself then you should charge maybe .02 or .03, but don't ask for too much unless you have some sort of professional knowledge that will be applied to your writing.

Remember that composition is something that all high school graduates must comprehend, so being able to compose an article is not necessarily the most valuable skill. Some people gave responses saying that if you are a writer you should never accept a payment per word, but they are very likely more financially fortunate than some of us.

MegaElla
Regular

#5 Post by MegaElla »

firecat wrote:
MegaElla wrote:
Its equal to a paragraph (five sentences or more), you basicly saying you are worth $1000 for writing.

One cent per word is what the majority of people who know English as a first language will earn initially. Writers out of country will often complete work for much less, but the money they earn is up to par with the price of living in their area so it works out.

If you have a good amount of work to show for yourself then you should charge maybe .02 or .03, but don't ask for too much unless you have some sort of professional knowledge that will be applied to your writing.

Remember that composition is something that all high school graduates must comprehend, so being able to compose an article is not necessarily the most valuable skill. Some people gave responses saying that if you are a writer you should never accept a payment per word, but they are very likely more financially fortunate than some of us.
five sentences are not 1,000 words, I think I have the experience enough 1,000 words is an equal to a chapter of any book

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#6 Post by Chasing Summer »

I don’t plan to start an arguement here or anything but from what I’ve seen a lot of novels are around 80k words long. If 1k is a chapter, then that means the book has 80 chapters. Which is a lot (not impossible but definitely not common). If you’re not counting dialogue, the minimum of paragraphs for 1000 words is 40 paragraphs (average). Just wanted to mention this even if books are different from visual novels. Good luck on finding work. :)

Edit: Also, as a friendly tip, you might want to proofread the samples more. First impressions are important and some of the mistakes in your samples are going to turn people away. Of course, no one is obligated to have perfect spelling just to write but it’ll help you a lot to have as good grammar and spelling as possible, even if it requires some extra work. I make a lot of mistakes, too, and spend hours polishing my work or let a friend check my writing for any mistakes that I’ve failed to notice~
new account: sonnenblumen

k0nak0na

#7 Post by k0nak0na »

@ChasingSummer: I'm not taking sides, but it seems the average price for writer is around $10-30 per 1k. That's from what I've seen in this forum. It seems a lot to me though, considering my empty pocket...
Have a good day ^^

TheKiwi
Regular
Projects: The Waters Above, Heart of the Woods
Organization: Studio Élan
Tumblr: minutekiwi

#8 Post by TheKiwi »

Hey, sorry to intrude.

1000 words is almost two pages, minus 8 lines, at 12pt Times New Roman single-lined paper. If it were double spaced, it reaches into page 4, with six lines.

A paragraph, on the other hand, has an average of 100 lines.

(My sources are from the lorem ipsum site here

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#9 Post by trooper6 »

TheKiwi is correct, but I'll add to it.

When creating a double-spaced manuscript (which I do all the time for my job), the standard is 250 words per page. So 1000k words is 2pgs single spaced, 4pgs double spaced.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#10 Post by Chasing Summer »

k0nak0na wrote:@ChasingSummer: I'm not taking sides, but it seems the average price for writer is around $10-30 per 1k. That's from what I've seen in this forum. It seems a lot to me though, considering my empty pocket...
Have a good day ^^
Hm, I didn't intend to comment on the rates though as I have no right to interfere on that. I was adding information regarding something I once read, regarding firecat's statement that 1,000 words are equal to a paragraph (5 sentences). As TheKiwi mentions, 100 words is the average for a paragraph and 1,000 words divided into 5 sentences equals 200 words which means firecat's statement would be incorrect. However, I now noticed that firecat mentions "5 sentences or more" so it seems I've caused an unneccesary misunderstanding. My apologies. ^^;;

On the other hand, I don't think $10-$30 is too much. It takes me about an hour to write 1000 words and proofread the text, and from what I've seen the average salary for a part-time worker is around $10-20 per hour (correct me if I'm wrong, I've never been in need of a part-time job in my life).

Anyway, I'll stop now before I drift too much off topic. Sorry if I came off as offensive, it wasn't my intention. :c
new account: sonnenblumen

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#11 Post by papillon »

firecat wrote:
One cent per word is what the majority of people who know English as a first language will earn initially.

Please stop making statements like this in threads.

You do not know what the majority of English writers earn.

What is your source for this information that you are providing?

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by firecat »

papillon wrote:
firecat wrote:
One cent per word is what the majority of people who know English as a first language will earn initially.

Please stop making statements like this in threads.

You do not know what the majority of English writers earn.

What is your source for this information that you are providing?
why are you stalking me, this was posted a long time ago.

RotGtIE
Veteran

#13 Post by RotGtIE »

I think a discussion about reasonable or realistic pricing for writing in general should go into its own thread, and not clutter up someone's personal recruitment thread. To that effect, I've made one: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 47&t=32408

In the meantime, let's leave Ella's thread to Ella and whomever is here to express an interest in recruiting her for their project, shall we?

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#14 Post by papillon »

firecat wrote: this was posted a long time ago.
Gah, sorry, you're right, my mistake. I clicked into the thread by accident and didn't see the date.

My apologies.