GUI/Logo artist, musician needed

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
yoshibb
Veteran

GUI/Logo artist, musician needed

#1 Post by yoshibb »

Hi all. After finishing working on my NaNo project, I feel like I finally want to start releasing information on the major game I've been working on.

Sypnosis:

The story takes place in a fictional world of Demons and Angels. The two sides have been fighting off and on for centuries. You'll play as Alexandria, the daughter of the Demons' Head Elder. She is wrestling to find her path in life when she runs into Aiden, the son of the Duke of the Angels' most populous city. After Aiden is taken prisoner by the Demons, Alex makes a drastic decision to save Aiden from her father's torture. Striking a deal that would make him her personal servant. He does not take this well. As time passes, however, she'll encounter problems that will test her worldview and grow closer to an enemy that she's supposed to despise.

The game is about a 100k word project. It is GxB with one romance as the focus of the game. I know this might be a risk, but I decided I wanted to flesh out the one romance and several friendships rather than cramming in some half hearted romances. The game will still have plenty of choices and differing paths of course.

The work on it is well under way but since I'm planning on making it a commercial game, I want it to be as professional as possible. That means that I need help on the things I'm not so great at. My hope is to pay everyone for their work through crowdfunding. I wouldn't feel right about not paying people for their services.

GUI artist: [CLOSED]
Right now, as I'm working on the demo, I feel like I at least need a logo and title screen to start which I will pay for up front. I can at least do that I think. From there, if you are interested in working on the full GUI for the game we can work up an estimate which I will add to the funds I will need on kickstarter.

Artist has been found.

Musician [CLOSED]:
I'd love to have an original soundtrack for this game. Honestly, I don't have too much familiarity with music so I'll probably be very dependent on whoever I'm working with for help. Same as above, if we can work out a deal, I will add the necessary funds to my kickstarter estimate.

If you are interested in either position, post in this thread or send me a PM so I can get in contact with you. I'll send you the working draft of my game so you can see what it's like and if you'd like to work on it. I'll make my decision fairly quickly since my hope was to release the demo and start the kickstarter in May. And please, if you have any experience with kickstarter that would be a huge bonus for me. I'm doing some research but I'd love to hear people's thoughts about how to have a successful kickstarter.

Thanks guys, I've found my musician and GUI Artist.
Last edited by yoshibb on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RichardMarks
Organization: bbastudios
IRC Nick: RMarks

Re: GUI/Logo artist, musician needed

#2 Post by RichardMarks »

I sent you a PM.
Senior Technical Director for Bang Bang Attack Studios
Professional Software Developer for CCPS Solutions, Founder of New Orleans Game Development United Society
Typographer, and Comic Letterer available for commissions See my deviantArt gallery

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#3 Post by Taleweaver »

You're offering too little information on your project. Our requirements for recruitment demand you reveal a few more details on your project.

Please make the necessary changes to your opening post.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Lúthienesque
Tumblr: luthienesque

#4 Post by Lúthienesque »

yoshibb wrote:GUI artist:
Right now, as I'm working on the demo, I feel like I at least need a logo and title screen to start which I will pay for up front. I can at least do that I think. From there, if you are interested in working on the full GUI for the game we can work up an estimate which I will add to the funds I will need on kickstarter.
Sending a PM!

yoshibb
Veteran

#5 Post by yoshibb »

Taleweaver wrote:You're offering too little information on your project. Our requirements for recruitment demand you reveal a few more details on your project.

Please make the necessary changes to your opening post.
Sorry about that! I added a sypnosis of the game to the opening post. Is that enough or do I need more information?

Thank you so much to everyone who applied for the GUI position, I was able to find someone very quickly. I'm currently still searching for a musician, though.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#6 Post by Taleweaver »

yoshibb wrote:Sorry about that! I added a sypnosis of the game to the opening post. Is that enough or do I need more information?
No, that's fine.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Fluffyrobotdog
Soundcloud: fluffyrobotdog

#7 Post by Fluffyrobotdog »

Sent you a PM

clea
Regular
Completed: Pixle, Sword of August, Outsmart, Eternal Grace, Wonderland Cosa Nostra, Koutack, Late Lino
Projects: Anuchard
Organization: stellarNull
Soundcloud: clealeshlick

#8 Post by clea »

Will send you PM

LeetMusic
Veteran
Completed: Cursed Lands, Roommates, Wildfire: Ticket To Rock, Seeds Of Chaos
Projects: LeetStreet Boys, Paladin Dream, Murder Is Game Over

#9 Post by LeetMusic »

sending a pm (re: music composer)

yoshibb
Veteran

#10 Post by yoshibb »

Hi guys! Thanks so much for everyone's interest. It was definitely hard to choose among all the great musicians, but I've found the one I'll be working with. So this thread can be closed.

Alexzandria
Regular
Deviantart: Alexzandria44

#11 Post by Alexzandria »

Did you need a logo artist still?