1931 Scheherazade (Sim/Dating/Commercial) -RELEASED ON STEAM

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

Re: 1931 Scheherazade (Sim/Dating/Commercial) -RELEASED ON S

#61 Post by distorsion »

trooper6 wrote:
distorsion wrote:Hey there! I finally bought your game and started playing it, and while I plan on giving you an actual review once I finish it, there are a few suggestions I'd like to make at the moment. 1) DEAR GODS GIVE US A DIALOG HISTORY TO LOOK AT. There's not way to go back and see what was said if you missed something, and sometimes moving the mouse auto-forwards a few dialog boxes, leaving me to load a save and go through a lot of dialog again to see what I missed. 2) I understand the game is meant to be challenging, but skills go up way too slowly, and relying on inspiration cards leaves you resorting to save scumming for quite a while in order to get the ones you need for your next caper. Either increase the rate skills go up, or lessen the randomness of inspiration cards (at least in one or two of the modes). Fixing these two things would really help with the immersion of the game, which at this point gets broken quite often by constant saving and loading to see what was missed or get what's needed to continue. Even if you can't fix these in the current game, think about it for the sequel at least?
Does the game not allow PageUp to scrollback?
Not that I've been able to find on the steam version. I also haven't been able to find the quicksave and quickload keys, despite there being a menu for the qs/ql files.
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

TheBlackChicken
Regular

#62 Post by TheBlackChicken »

@distorsion Thanks for the feedback. We've had a lot of feedback on the UI and are definitely keeping them in mind for the sequel.
Quick Save and Quick Load are available in the bottom right of the dialogue screen. They are super tiny links that should highlight when you roll over them.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#63 Post by Morhighan »

I'll admit, I'm excited for this just because one of the characters has my name, Morgana. XD

I can't wait to play it, keep up the good work!