Emma: A Lady's Maid [GxB/G][Steampunk Romance] DEMO OUT NOW!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

Re: Emma: A Lady's Maid [GxB/G][Steampunk Romance]

#31 Post by Steamgirl »

I've been laying the game out into small paragraphs for each chapter, and it's currently tending towards a 200k+ words epic. Which is too big a scope for this project! So I've had to scrap one of the love interests, the pirate. But at least that brings me a little closer to actually finishing. :)

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#32 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Steamgirl wrote:I've been laying the game out into small paragraphs for each chapter, and it's currently tending towards a 200k+ words epic. Which is too big a scope for this project! So I've had to scrap one of the love interests, the pirate. But at least that brings me a little closer to actually finishing. :)
200K+? I'm impressed! It's a shame about the pirate, but it's important to keep projects such as this manageable, and discarding a love interest may actually serve the game---and, more importantly, yourself---better in the long run since you won't be spread so thinly.

Plus, you can always do a sequel/successor to this in which there are steampunk pirates to engage. In writing, I save all my ideas, so even if one thing doesn't work for one endeavor, I may be able to use it later. :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

P_Nova
Regular
Projects: Wings of Justice
Organization: BunnyPudding&Co.
Tumblr: bunnypuddingandco

#33 Post by P_Nova »

I guess it's a good way to make progress on your project too ! XDD

Choice screen are nice ! I had difficulties to make mine and find a fitting style for it since my game is a detective game... Anyway I'm curious to know how you get yours !

Did you draw it by yourself ?

200K ? It's the double of what you were expecting... XDDD
I remember when my "simple" renpy game code reaches its first thousand of lines... I was like "All is fine... You did nothing wrong... All is fine..." before my screen ^^
Now the game has easily more than 15k lines and I'm "Meh ! It's only the first third of the game... Lol !"

It's always a shame to cut part of your project. But maybe it's a proof of your maturity and own lucidity ! Good luck for the rest !!!
(>^^)> If you have tried our game, please, leave us a little comment. <(^^<)

(>^^)> !!! We are still amateur, help us to grow big and professionnal !!! <(^^<)

Test our demo !

redredwine

#34 Post by redredwine »

I really like this project. Period dramas are awesome, steam-tech is awesome, player choices impacting the story is awesome. Your estimation for the length is impressive; keep on truckin. :D

Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

#35 Post by Steamgirl »

DOWNLOAD DEMO

I was digging through the archives and came across my nearly finished demo for Emma: A Lady's Maid. And you know what, I thought... Why not pop it on itch.io? I polished off a couple of rough edges and... here it is!

As ever, feedback is much appreciated! ^_^
Especially whether the puzzle at the end is too hard?

DOWNLOAD DEMO