Aloners [GxB] (a post-apocalyptic romance)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sonnet009
Regular
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009

Re: Aloners [GxB] (a post-apocalyptic romance)

#106 Post by sonnet009 »

Hey, doodle. :-)

If he didn't mention anything about you being kind, "funny", or a pain in his ass, then it looks like you haven't clocked enough points in any particular direction to have him comment on it.

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

doodle

#107 Post by doodle »

Yeah, that's what I thought. Oh well, it's fine - at least you could say I'm unpredictable 8D

Miggrator
Tumblr: miggrator

#108 Post by Miggrator »

This is by far the most breathtaking visual novel I've ever played. I quite literally felt my heart ache at points. Every time I thought I knew what was going on, a new twist came up. It was thrilling to the very end. There are so many choices, so many ways to perfectly tailor the experience so no two playthroughs are exactly the same. Trash feels so very real, and the plot is one that grabs both your attention and your heart.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game, and I will definitely play it again.

Thank you for such a wonderful experience.

sonnet009
Regular

#109 Post by sonnet009 »

Miggrator wrote:This is by far the most breathtaking visual novel I've ever played. I quite literally felt my heart ache at points. Every time I thought I knew what was going on, a new twist came up. It was thrilling to the very end. There are so many choices, so many ways to perfectly tailor the experience so no two playthroughs are exactly the same. Trash feels so very real, and the plot is one that grabs both your attention and your heart.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game, and I will definitely play it again.

Thank you for such a wonderful experience.
Awww, thank you! Wow, what awesome things to say. Totally made my day.

I also saw your recommendation on tumblr, btw. Cheers! :-)

Kaina Blue
Regular
Projects: Howl of the Blood
Tumblr: kainablue
Deviantart: KainaBlue

#110 Post by Kaina Blue »

To be honest, there was nothing in the description of this game that caught my interest, but I decided to give a go (all these positive comments are there for some reason, right?).
And I was really blown away. Story is very interesting and
I like that it doesn't end in a classic happily-ever-after sort of way. There was a light feeling of grimmnes throughout the game and you stick to it till the end!
I was completely immersed in the story. I actually gasped and twitched in some parts of the game :lol:

Trash's character is great, one of the best male characters I encountered playing VN's: a bit annoying, but still a lot of fun and quite loving. He felt like a real person.

And the MC actually did the things I would do or say. Just that one part left me unsatisfied
- when Trash tricks me to try that disgusting fruit - I really needed an option to throw it at him! :D
BG, art and music were also very good (couple of songs ended in my mp3 player, btw :) It was an overall amazing experience!

Great work! Rei is also great, but Aloners has something very original and genuine about it. Keep up the good work!

sonnet009
Regular

#111 Post by sonnet009 »

Kaina Blue wrote:To be honest, there was nothing in the description of this game that caught my interest, but I decided to give a go (all these positive comments are there for some reason, right?).
And I was really blown away. Story is very interesting and
I like that it doesn't end in a classic happily-ever-after sort of way. There was a light feeling of grimmnes throughout the game and you stick to it till the end!
I was completely immersed in the story. I actually gasped and twitched in some parts of the game :lol:

Trash's character is great, one of the best male characters I encountered playing VN's: a bit annoying, but still a lot of fun and quite loving. He felt like a real person.

And the MC actually did the things I would do or say. Just that one part left me unsatisfied
- when Trash tricks me to try that disgusting fruit - I really needed an option to throw it at him! :D
BG, art and music were also very good (couple of songs ended in my mp3 player, btw :) It was an overall amazing experience!

Great work! Rei is also great, but Aloners has something very original and genuine about it. Keep up the good work!
Well, I'm glad you took a chance on Aloners and ended up enjoying it. :-D The goal was definitely to create a realistic partner in Trash, so I'm happy to hear that you thought he felt real.
And, you know, there really should've been an option to throw that fruit at his head. It's kinda the only reasonable response, when you think about it.
Thanks so much for playing, and for letting me know your thoughts!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#112 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Downloaded this a long time ago, finally played it.

This has very strong writing. Sucked me in and I didn't stop playing until I reached the end. I don't think I've played something written in 2nd person before. It works very well. There's nothing extraneous in the writing style and it lets me be immersive as the player.

I'm glad the options I wanted to respond with were there (sometimes I play games where I wouldn't choose any of the options offered). I also angonised over some of my decisions - so kudos.

Trash's sprite and CGs are nice but the rest of the art is a bit lacking. But it didn't matter - Trash's sprite got me in and the writing kept me going all the way to the end without stopping.

Great work.

thornbush

#113 Post by thornbush »

This is an absolutely amazing piece of work. The writing is absolutely fantastic; I was immediately immersed into the story, and Trash's character in particular stood out as very realistic and endearing. I love his sprite and how it changed as the story developed. He's just a really cool dude, but he doesn't lack flaws or human characteristics. He also responds super accurately to the player character's choices, which is also really great and makes for a much more realistic and awesome play-through.

Speaking of choices, I love how there were so many. I definitely felt like I could flesh out a complete being through the MC's actions, and I found myself completely sucked into the plot.

The plot was great, by the way: original, well fleshed out, and generally fun as hell. I couldn't put this VN down. It took me three hours to play it beginning to end, and honestly I can't even imagine the amount of work that went into making this. Stunning.

Thank you so much for this.

sonnet009
Regular

#114 Post by sonnet009 »

Lesleigh63 wrote:Downloaded this a long time ago, finally played it.

This has very strong writing. Sucked me in and I didn't stop playing until I reached the end. I don't think I've played something written in 2nd person before. It works very well. There's nothing extraneous in the writing style and it lets me be immersive as the player.

I'm glad the options I wanted to respond with were there (sometimes I play games where I wouldn't choose any of the options offered). I also angonised over some of my decisions - so kudos.

Trash's sprite and CGs are nice but the rest of the art is a bit lacking. But it didn't matter - Trash's sprite got me in and the writing kept me going all the way to the end without stopping.

Great work.
That's great that the writing style worked for you, and that you liked the character art. Trash is where the money went, so it makes sense that the rest failed to impress. But I'm glad you enjoyed the game overall. Thanks for playing!
thornbush wrote:This is an absolutely amazing piece of work. The writing is absolutely fantastic; I was immediately immersed into the story, and Trash's character in particular stood out as very realistic and endearing. I love his sprite and how it changed as the story developed. He's just a really cool dude, but he doesn't lack flaws or human characteristics. He also responds super accurately to the player character's choices, which is also really great and makes for a much more realistic and awesome play-through.

Speaking of choices, I love how there were so many. I definitely felt like I could flesh out a complete being through the MC's actions, and I found myself completely sucked into the plot.

The plot was great, by the way: original, well fleshed out, and generally fun as hell. I couldn't put this VN down. It took me three hours to play it beginning to end, and honestly I can't even imagine the amount of work that went into making this. Stunning.

Thank you so much for this.
Aw, thank you! I'm so happy that you connected with Trash and felt that the choices had weight in terms of characterisation. It's the best thing in the world -- to hear that someone enjoyed the game. Makes all of the work totally worth it. :-D

MadameAzure
Completed: Super Army of Tentacles 3
Deviantart: paranoidfactors

#115 Post by MadameAzure »

I must comment on what a wonderful job you did with this VN. I love it so much, most VN get deleted once I finish but yours is still on my computer. The plot and the flow of the story is well thought out and written. Trash just stays with me, I can't think of anything else but Trash. Hm kinda of obsessive. I just really wanted to express that to you.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#116 Post by AsHLeX »

Just finished it! It's a really good game and the way the relationship develops is very natural.
The ending was great too. It felt very down-to-earth, very sweet and somewhat realistic. I got both the endings, and played it through twice. The first time I was just being myself (nice and all, some snarky comments once in awhile) and the second time i was just being a spoilt princess. I got both the friendship and lovers variation of the story. I really like both of it.
Sorry I can't comment much - i'm not very good at these things. But all in all, it was a good game and i'm definitely recommending it to those who like dystopian stories. It felt very realistic - like Trash was talking straight to me. So, yeah. Great game. :)

sonnet009
Regular

#117 Post by sonnet009 »

MadameAzure wrote:I must comment on what a wonderful job you did with this VN. I love it so much, most VN get deleted once I finish but yours is still on my computer. The plot and the flow of the story is well thought out and written. Trash just stays with me, I can't think of anything else but Trash. Hm kinda of obsessive. I just really wanted to express that to you.
Awww, that's great! You know, it's gotta be every creator's dearest wish to hear someone say that they're kinda obsessive over one of their characters. So, thank you! :-D
AsHLeX wrote:Just finished it! It's a really good game and the way the relationship develops is very natural.
The ending was great too. It felt very down-to-earth, very sweet and somewhat realistic. I got both the endings, and played it through twice. The first time I was just being myself (nice and all, some snarky comments once in awhile) and the second time i was just being a spoilt princess. I got both the friendship and lovers variation of the story. I really like both of it.
Sorry I can't comment much - i'm not very good at these things. But all in all, it was a good game and i'm definitely recommending it to those who like dystopian stories. It felt very realistic - like Trash was talking straight to me. So, yeah. Great game. :)
I'm glad you liked the ending. I was aiming for a nice balance of realistic-hopeful.
It's really sweet of you to take the time to comment. Thank you!

Reiyane

#118 Post by Reiyane »

I have to admit when I first saw this game I didn't really feel like playing. I don't really like this art style, but I decided to give it a try and it was the best choice ever! The protagonist had her own personality, she wasn't just a lost little lamb (and when she was, you could understand why), Trash's character developped nicely through the whole story, and those secrets! (my heart literally hurt a few times). It was truly a beautiful game. Never judge a VN for its art ;)

I also played and loved your Rei game. It was very sweet. I can't wait for your next VN. Keep up the good work!

sonnet009
Regular

#119 Post by sonnet009 »

Reiyane wrote:I have to admit when I first saw this game I didn't really feel like playing. I don't really like this art style, but I decided to give it a try and it was the best choice ever! The protagonist had her own personality, she wasn't just a lost little lamb (and when she was, you could understand why), Trash's character developped nicely through the whole story, and those secrets! (my heart literally hurt a few times). It was truly a beautiful game. Never judge a VN for its art ;)

I also played and loved your Rei game. It was very sweet. I can't wait for your next VN. Keep up the good work!
Well, I guess it's good that you were pleasantly surprised, or that would've been some wasted time, eh? ;-)

And I'm glad you enjoyed Rei, too. :-)

zokushi

#120 Post by zokushi »

So amazing! I've read MANY visual novels and this was by far one of the best. I don't see a need to play it over and over again for the "right" answers just because when I played it I was actually able to play as "myself"! My options and responses were how I would have reacted given the chance and that in itself was incredibly satisfying.

Thank you so much for this story. I hope you continue to write more, you have a true talent :)