★ ★ Artist for hire/free!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
breakallthelights
Soundcloud: Ren'py

★ ★ Artist for hire/free!

#1 Post by breakallthelights »

EDIT: Thank you all for the replies/PMs so far! I'm still being considered for a few positions so feel free to still send me PMs if you're interested in my art.

Hi there! I've been on this forum in the past, mostly lurking and somewhat doing art on the side, but due to scheduling conflicts and difficulties in finding a team to work with, I haven't really been able to make art for a completed game. So, I'd like to try again; I'm finished with a lot of schoolwork and stuff that previously occupied my time, so I'd like to open commissions to anyone on this forum who needs art for their VN/game.

Alternatively, I'm also up for making art for a free game, though I am pretty picky with what I choose to work with. Preferably I'd like to do both the sprites and CGs (and logo/GUI if possible, for the sake of consistency, and I need lots of practice heh), and I'd like to have a lot of artistic license with designing the characters. It would also be cool to help out with the story/editing, but that's not necessary. If you're interested in either commissioning me or offering me a freeware project to work on, please PM me or comment below!

Prices

I work with a $10 flat rate/hr! I know most people on this forum have set prices, but when one of my commissioners asked for a really detailed sprite and a lot of modifications for a flat price, I decided that an hourly rate would be best in the future.

Sprites are usually around $30, and CGs $35; of course, this depends on how complex you want it to be, so the prices will vary depending on how much time it takes me to finish it. Poses, hairstyles, and expressions go along the same vein, being priced at an hourly rate - for a rough estimation, base expression sets are usually around $5, hairstyles $8, and poses/outfits $10. Prices are also negotiable, so just hit me up with a PM and we can discuss that.

Samples

I attached some samples of my art at the end of this post, and below is a link to my portfolio, with more examples of my art.
https://breakallthelights.carbonmade.com/

Thanks guys!
Attachments
6Jyi7S7.png
ynXT8zT.png
bCnfQl5.png
Perfect Melancholic.png
Madam Exorcist.png
Last edited by breakallthelights on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdamsAccount
Regular
Projects: ORISHA, Mermaids vs zombies, Lesbian pirate dating sim

Re: ★ ★ Artist for hire/free!

#2 Post by AdamsAccount »

Sent, you a message!

NovelistEzhno
Organization: 13 Signs in Heaven

#3 Post by NovelistEzhno »

I've always been quite fond of your art style. It's cute and has an aura that is uniquely yours. I believe I first saw your art when I'd found the Kickstarter to Seduce Me. Though, when the finished product came out, I was sorely disappointed that your art was no longer present in the project. Why is that?

Since my hands are almost never away from the keys of a keyboard, I'm progressing on all of my own works along with the fun and interesting project I've been graciously enrolled to write for. I would be more than honored if I could hire your gifted hands one of these days. I dearly hope that such a thing would not be too far out of the realm of reality when the time comes. Now that I know how to get in contact with you, I'll make sure to keep note of you so that I can humbly ask of your assistance.
Please cherish your gift, improve upon it, and never give up!

Quelcezot
Regular

#4 Post by Quelcezot »

Hello, I love your art and have sent you a pm. Please consider it carefully, and thank you for bringing this artwork into the world.

Update: Found another artist, but keep up the good work (:
LOVE & PEACE

If two people talk long enough they can explain how they feel, maybe.

Caeoltoiri
Projects: Treuen Brann ~ Faithful Fire
Organization: Autumn Fox
Tumblr: caeoltoiri
Deviantart: A-thenaeum

#5 Post by Caeoltoiri »

Bookmarked for future reference <3

You have a beautiful art style! Keep it up- you're doing great :D

RoseBug

#6 Post by RoseBug »

Beautiful stuff! Sent you a pm.

Llunet1
Regular
Projects: Reminiscence, Blood
Deviantart: llunet1

#7 Post by Llunet1 »

Hello~ I'm working on a free game (I cannot comensate you, sadly) but if you are interested in my game, more information is here (http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 59&t=32657) It is a romance vampire school life murder mystery, to sum it up quickly.
I like your style (it's very pretty) though my game has dark moments so characters will have to look a bit older (most of them look like they're in their 20s or just a bit older. The main character is 18.
I do not mind if you want to do CGs. GUI is fine as well. I don't have any particular set designs for the characters (other than a few eye colors and the main character's hair color). Would you be willing to work with gore? (This would mostly be present in the CGs though)
I see that you have other offers, so I understand if you decide to go for another project. Thank you for your time.

SBG_Eric
Regular
Completed: Warhammer 40K (non-commercial MTG set), Tales of Symphonia (non-commercial MTG set)
Projects: Galactic Domain, Dragonfish Racers, *A Yet Unnamed Miniatures Wargame*
Organization: Sunbridge Games LLC
IRC Nick: SBG_Eric

#8 Post by SBG_Eric »

I've sent you a PM. I look forward to hearing back from you.
Sunbridge Games Projects
Visual Novel Project (Pre-Dev): http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 60&t=33087
- Seeking Writer (5% per scenario) [1 Scenarios Remaining]

Galactic Domain (Post-Dev/Testing) & Dragonfish Racers (In-Dev): Projects on Hold // Require Artist(s)

Other projects TBA: 2+

Fantasy/Play-or-Die Light Novel (Outline/Drafting)

burnt_offering
Regular
Completed: The Stroke of Midnight
Organization: Ace Of Spades
IRC Nick: burnt_offering or TheTapDancer
itch: aceofspadesvn

#9 Post by burnt_offering »

Sent a pm :D
[url]http:\\aceofspades@vnovel.com[/url]
Or just follow me at @AceOfSpades_VN

MusashiKorian
Regular
Projects: Runa
Organization: Korian Gaming
IRC Nick: MusashiKorian
Deviantart: funktasticmo

#10 Post by MusashiKorian »

pm sent :) I like your portfolio a lot. Some good things are there.

~My Steam Name~
≈MusashiKorian≈

~My Projects Recruitment Thread~

~My Talents I Bring to the Table~
Voice Acting
Writing/Proofreading/Editing
Story Boarding
Programming
Artist