Passion Sync (Magical Girl) (Yuri)(Episodic)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
eileen
Veteran
Projects: Akiba Z and Passion Sync
Organization: Aphrodisia/Beautiful Starr

Re: Passion Sync (Magical Girl) (Yuri)(Episodic)

#16 Post by eileen »

Noire wrote:Nice, I really like their designs :) (especially Kagura)
Glad that you really like their designs. ^^ Kagura is great. xD
Seigetsu wrote:1. Will having multiple 'monster of the week' appear in one installment be too much? I have planned to do three in this one but they are connected to big bad of the episode.

I don't really mind having multiple monsters as long as they are connected to the main storyline. But on the flip side, a single boss with an intricate motive presenting an interesting problem for the heroines to solve would be preferable to monsters of the week all contributing little to advancing the plotline and character development.

2. Should I split the game into two parts which will focus on 4-5 girls at a time? It will still be release as one game though.
That would depend on what you mean by splitting it into two parts. I find that replaying from the start to go through each route, that have a lot in common, is somewhat annoying. If you can split it up in such way that there is less replay of the common route, then that would be nice.

3. What would you like to see in Passion Sync?
I think you already have good character designs (that latest picture of Rosalyna is amazing!). I'd like to see more plot and character development in the game? Fanservice is okay, but preferrably not so much that it overshadows everything else.
Thank you for answer my questions. :)

1. All the monsters will be connected to the main story line unless said otherwise. I do plan to have a single main boss that controls the other monsters for the episode. The girls will face the main boss at the end of episode. You can say that the monsters are stepping stone to the final boss. It will be used for advancing the plot and character development.

2. The two parts are self-contain stories with their own common routes. So, you won't be playing the same common route for both episodes. The way I've planned the game is that each part will have 4-5 girls available at a time with one common route for each part. The two parts will be interconnected and will continue where the last part leaves off. You are able to select which part you want to play. So, no replaying for sake to get to second part.

3. Yeah, Rosalyna got it going on for sure. :lol: Some parts of her outfit is semi-transparent. I already have plot and character development cover for the game. I will try to balance the fan service with the plot and characters development. I will say fan service may intertwine with character development at times.
Unseen wrote:Wow this looks very interesting. So interesting in fact that I to temporarily brake my lurking/only-subscribing-to-threads-for-sweet-sweet-info streak.

----------------------

1. What do you think of the plot?
Sounds good so far. I really like the concept of it all.

2. What do you think of the designs of the characters and their descriptions?
I think all of the designs are very good. The descriptions match their design well.

2A: Who is your favorite character or the most interesting one?
Rosalyna for sure. She is so full of grace and beauty.
Aya as a close second, so cute. Ah hell, I like everyone. Their designs are really good.

3. Are you interested in playing this?
Oh YES! I'm very excited to play this.

----------------------

Oh Rosalyna's magical girl/goddess outfit looks sooooo good. <3
Oh a tenth girl, eh. That aren't part of Kobayashi family. Interesting. :o

1. Will having multiple 'monster of the week' appear in one installment be too much? I have planned to do three in this one but they are connected to big bad of the episode.
I think is fine with multiple MOTWs. The more "screen time" a single monster gets, the more relevant to the overall plot they should be. Or if not main plot, to character development and other similar things.
Speaking of MOTW: MOTWs if fine as long as other stuff happens as well. That the feeling of progression is there and not just defeat the MOTW and then everything return to the status quo.
Although that is more of a thing with shows/series and not so much with games.

2. Should I split the game into two parts which will focus on 4-5 girls at a time? It will still be release as one game though.
Yeah as Seigetsu said, it depends on how you mean by splitting them up. Shared content or as one group is finished the other starts or do one group get looked out.
Do the inactive group interact with you at all at that time or are they off somewhere on adventure or simply ignore you and your shenanigans?
Or do more like the team splits into two to defeat two monster at two different location at once and you decide which to go with.
I would prefer to have all of them available at all times. Maybe that harder to write.
More honestly would be that I would selfishly want the girls I like to always be available to me. :3

3. What would you like to see in Passion Sync?
Since there are a lot of characters, interactions/interplay between them would be nice.
Other then that, lots of mushy/sweet romance and action.

So endings... Is there a harem ending or only pick one girl from each group, if it's split up in two or more?

----------------------

I'm so excited for this. Like more excited then anything coming up. (Game, movie or otherwise, that I know of anyway.)
Sorry for any long incoherent ramblings. They do occur from time to time.
Hello~ Really happy that you find this really interesting and willing to break the lurker only code. Woo, I got another person who want to play it. ^^

Thanks you for answering my questions! I will go in and reply to them. Note: if there is a letter next to the number then it is the second set of questions.

1.Great. I've been working on the basic concept since early this year. What I have right now was a month work.
1a. Read above for the answer.

2. 1 for Rosalyna. Woot~ I was worried that she was going to get overshadow. Ayu is definitely really cute. Pfft. I like everyone too.
2a. You can still interact with the other of the 4-5 girls during the episodes but they don't have a route. They play a support role instead of the main role. When you complete the episode then the next one starts. Don't worry, after you complete a certain requirement you will unlock other girls routes for that episode. Can't really say if they will be all about fighting the monster but some will be different. Right now, I'm playing with an idea of balancing the episode monster while balancing being with other sister. So yes, all the girls are available~

3a. I will put interplay/interaction on top of my list. ^^ Definately, will have a lot of mushy/sweet romance and action.

There is a harem ending for both episodes but they will be hard to get and has secret requirement. :twisted:

eileen
Veteran

#17 Post by eileen »

Happy New Years! I hope this year is far better than last year for everyone.

To celebrate the start of the new year and this post. Connor has made us a cake to celebrate. We have a couple of stuff to announce in this post and I hope you like them. ^^

Characters Announcements

Introducing Madoka's elegant cool younger sister Megumi.

Megumi is one of Madoka's younger sisters that has power to transform into magical girl. She is the voice reason and mediator of the family. She loves to cosplay and is a huge fashionista. She is the successor of Rosalyna as the head goddess when the time comes. Megumi is pretty popular with the boys and adored by other girls as their role model.

Warning- Incoming Transmission.

I would love to introduce to the antagonist of the second episode Tweedle.

This is bird will ruin your day or internet with a single tweet. Not to much mention that it can kill you upon impact... Don't get me started with his other attacks.

Other Announcments

There are a couple of more sisters and others still need to announce but we are should be announcing support and minor characters in the future. I'm still developing them and the normal life of the girls. Also, I'm working on building the backgrounds the universe that MJ and PS both shared. The gap between the two are undetermined for now. Working on fixing up the first post as well the story as it changes a bit since I first posted it.

The first saga is determined and we shall weave the story towards that but keep it still standalone. We should have more information soon.

Anyways, I would love to end this post with promo art by PCate. It's picture of Madoka, Lyna, and Nanoha.

Enjoy~ Until next time!
Last edited by eileen on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unseen

#18 Post by Unseen »

Happy New Years everyone!
eileen wrote:
You can still interact with the other of the 4-5 girls during the episodes but they don't have a route. They play a support role instead of the main role. When you complete the episode then the next one starts. Don't worry, after you complete a certain requirement you will unlock other girls routes for that episode. Can't really say if they will be all about fighting the monster but some will be different. Right now, I'm playing with an idea of balancing the episode monster while balancing being with other sister. So yes, all the girls are available~
Sound good to me. All my silly worries laid to rest then.
eileen wrote: I will put interplay/interaction on top of my list. ^^ Definately, will have a lot of mushy/sweet romance and action.
Yay! :)
eileen wrote: There is a harem ending for both episodes but they will be hard to get and has secret requirement. :twisted:
Sweet. A harem ending and it's hard to get? Would not have it any other way! :mrgreen:

------------------

Oh Connor, you silly goose, get ya own apron. :)

Not to sound like a borked record... Love Megumi's design. She look very graceful, like her mother.

I like the shadowy depiction of the antagonists thus far. Very mysterious.

Maleficent Justice and this is in the same universe? Nice.

eileen
Veteran

#19 Post by eileen »

Hey guys! I'm here for another update. :D

I'm here to show you guys our new logo for Passion Sync. You may have notice it in last promo art but we decided to upgrade it.

Logo done by Morhighan

We have also updated the plot summary in the front page to reflect the change from last year. You should check it out and tell me what you think. :wink: Also, writing is going slow right now as right now due to changes of the plot a bit but we should get back on track soon. ^^

I'm here to present Megumi's Magical girl outfit. It's done by BEERINGS.

We also have lineart preview of Kana. Madoka's little sister that we haven't shown a picture of as of yet.

Here is promo art done by Daphinteresting to end this post. I hope you like. It's awesome picture of Madoka and Yuu. :D

eileen
Veteran

#20 Post by eileen »

Never fear! Passion Sync is still alive! :D

We are just currently going through some changes in direction and such on the writing but I do have an idea on how I planned on doing this. Expect darker stuff to surface up in the future. I'll tell you more about it in the near future as that isn't why I posting here today.

Since I don't have a photo of Ruri Kobayashi up here for the longest time... I decided to post up the final sprite design of her here. :wink:

Princess Ruri Kobayashi

Ruri is the seemly fragile younger sister of Madoka. Due to her appearance she seems like an angel, but is far from it. She’d rather spend time with Madoka or surfing the internet and playing video games. She is notorious for being cold to people. Known as Beautiful Purity, she uses the Scythe Gun as her weapon.

I added it the short bio of her on the first page if you are just clicking this page.

I hope you like her and more to come! Possibly Samus(Sammy) and Kagura are next~

Unseen

#21 Post by Unseen »

Yay! Super happy that this is still alive and kicking. :D

verysunshine
Veteran
Organization: Wild Rose Interactive

#22 Post by verysunshine »

1. What do you think of the plot?
The plot seems interesting. The twist of the ten Kobayashi sisters all having magical powers is something I haven't heard of before. The incest point is something I'm a wee bit hesitant about, mostly due to the possibility for jailbait content. 18 year old on 13 year old yuri incest action... that could land you in some hot water.

2. What do you think of the designs of the characters and their descriptions?
First, how do you spell the name of the main villain? You keep changing the number of "u"s.

The names of the main girls feel familiar, particularly Madoka, Samus, and Nanoha. I'm not sure if you're going with a theme.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for not making Madoka's colour pink. And giving her pants.

Everything else looks great.

2A: Who is your favorite character or the most interesting one?
I'm not sure yet. Sorry. The Queen, Rosalyna, is the most interesting, mostly because I want to know her backstory.

3. Are you interested in playing this?
Sure! At the very least, I'll be able to admire the pretty costumes.

Build the basics first, then add all the fun bits.

Please check out my games on my itch.io page!

eileen
Veteran

#23 Post by eileen »

Unseen wrote:Yay! Super happy that this is still alive and kicking. :D
Yeah, it is still alive and kicking. :wink: Glad, you are super happy.
verysunshine wrote:1. What do you think of the plot?
The plot seems interesting. The twist of the ten Kobayashi sisters all having magical powers is something I haven't heard of before. The incest point is something I'm a wee bit hesitant about, mostly due to the possibility for jailbait content. 18 year old on 13 year old yuri incest action... that could land you in some hot water.

You are right about the age thing. I merely put those ages there to give indicator of the birth order of the girls. I have removed those ages as of right now since their ages are undefined except for Madoka.

Glad, the plot seems interesting. :)
verysunshine wrote:2. What do you think of the designs of the characters and their descriptions?
First, how do you spell the name of the main villain? You keep changing the number of "u"s.

The names of the main girls feel familiar, particularly Madoka, Samus, and Nanoha. I'm not sure if you're going with a theme.

Yuu is the correct spelling of main villain.

I didn't really have a theme in mind at first.... But, apparently it does!
verysunshine wrote:Thank you, thank you, thank you for not making Madoka's colour pink. And giving her pants.

Your welcome!
verysunshine wrote:2A: Who is your favorite character or the most interesting one?
I'm not sure yet. Sorry. The Queen, Rosalyna, is the most interesting, mostly because I want to know her backstory.

That is okay. It's still too early to pick your favorites yet. Glad, to see Rosalyna getting some love and her backstory is an interesting one at that.

verysunshine wrote:3. Are you interested in playing this?
Sure! At the very least, I'll be able to admire the pretty costumes.
Glad that you interested in playing! Yeah, at the very least, you get to see the pretty outfits.