Skyfish demo [fantasy, adventure, diverse]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

Skyfish demo [fantasy, adventure, diverse]

#1 Post by Aviala »

Skyfish
A story about friendship, adventure and airships. Play as Captain, who runs a courier service. Her service is said to be fast and reliable, but there is more to her than meets the eye.

But you don't have to settle for just one MC. Segments of the story are from another perspective. Play the demo to find out more!

Feedback
All sorts of comments are appreciated, especially constructive criticism.

Download
http://gamejolt.com/games/other/skyfish-demo/49190/

Last edited by Aviala on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Skyfish demo [fantasy, adventure, diverse]

#2 Post by philip »

Just downloaded and played through; the story is very interesting, the art is beautiful, and it has been well proofread. Thank you! A professional job; I am hooked, and will be following this thread, awaiting the release of the full story.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Aviala »

Thank you! I'll work hard to finish the game by the end of the summer!

Gabylc
Regular
Projects: Crossfire
Organization: Agape Studios
Tumblr: attackonbara

#4 Post by Gabylc »

Just finished and wow! I absolutely loved it! Thank you for making such a game <3
The prologue is well paced and nicely done, it's not that common to have in-media res in the VN world, it was a really good idea. And you still managed to give enough hints about the world building to makes me want to know more! The mini-game was nice, I really wanted to spend more time there and read all the books, even is it didn't run perfectly on my computer (I got little "flashes" when I changed book?). On a larger scale, I really like the number of world building elements you manage to gave us without it sounding forced or unnatural.

I also loved the change of POV, it's not common in VN but I really love it. However, the change of POV wasn't super clear and for 1 or 2 minutes I was wondering "but why is the captain on her bed just before departure?". I don't know how to make it clearer however, sorry my comment is not super useful ^^'

The number of CG is also impressive :shock: And they look great considering they aren't 100% finished! (I wish we had a CG of the Skyfish, but it's because I'm a sucker for airship and your descriptions really made me want to see it! Also the BG inside the ship are great, I want the whole picture because I'm a spoiled player :lol: ). The character design is also fantastic, I think my fave so far is Kate (I have a thing for side-cut I admit). I hope we'll know more about her, I want to know where she's from and how she got her tatoo!

The captain is a great GREAT character, I love that she's straightforward (restless?) older woman. And I'm already found of Charon, I want to hug that big red-haired baby :lol: I can't wait to see what kind of friendship those two can form it will be... interesting I guess :mrgreen: I'm also wondering about the Captain motivation to do all this, what with the book, what are her motives? I really want to read the whole story! And meet the rest of the crew too, I want to see what kind of man married the Captain :D
Also, quick question: there is no choice to make it the demo... Is the game going to be a Kinetic Novel? (It's not a bad thing, I'm just curious)

(Sorry the whole message is a mess ^^')
Image Check our Attack on Titan fangame. Demo available here!

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Aviala »

Gabylc wrote:Just finished and wow! I absolutely loved it! Thank you for making such a game <3
The prologue is well paced and nicely done, it's not that common to have in-media res in the VN world, it was a really good idea. And you still managed to give enough hints about the world building to makes me want to know more! The mini-game was nice, I really wanted to spend more time there and read all the books, even is it didn't run perfectly on my computer (I got little "flashes" when I changed book?). On a larger scale, I really like the number of world building elements you manage to gave us without it sounding forced or unnatural.

I also loved the change of POV, it's not common in VN but I really love it. However, the change of POV wasn't super clear and for 1 or 2 minutes I was wondering "but why is the captain on her bed just before departure?". I don't know how to make it clearer however, sorry my comment is not super useful ^^'

The number of CG is also impressive :shock: And they look great considering they aren't 100% finished! (I wish we had a CG of the Skyfish, but it's because I'm a sucker for airship and your descriptions really made me want to see it! Also the BG inside the ship are great, I want the whole picture because I'm a spoiled player :lol: ). The character design is also fantastic, I think my fave so far is Kate (I have a thing for side-cut I admit). I hope we'll know more about her, I want to know where she's from and how she got her tatoo!

The captain is a great GREAT character, I love that she's straightforward (restless?) older woman. And I'm already found of Charon, I want to hug that big red-haired baby :lol: I can't wait to see what kind of friendship those two can form it will be... interesting I guess :mrgreen: I'm also wondering about the Captain motivation to do all this, what with the book, what are her motives? I really want to read the whole story! And meet the rest of the crew too, I want to see what kind of man married the Captain :D
Also, quick question: there is no choice to make it the demo... Is the game going to be a Kinetic Novel? (It's not a bad thing, I'm just curious)

(Sorry the whole message is a mess ^^')

Hey! Thanks for the comment, it's nice to get longer feedback too!
You'll probably be happy to hear that a CG of the Flyfish is in the works. :D It's almost done but I just couldn't get the final editing done before the release. The flashing in the library is a bug that the coder spent many hours trying to fix but in the end he couldn't. We're working on it. We're also going to implement a feature that allows you to take more than one book with you to read later on.

I'm really glad you like the characters and the story. You'll get to see them a lot more in the final release, as well as about five more crew members!

The final product will have a branching story unless something very dramatic happens. There will also be a lot more gameplay elements. This was one of the things we didn't have time or energy to include in the demo. We're trying to include quite a lot of small choices that affect how the characters interact with each other, and a few bigger choices that will influence the flow of the story.

Edit: forgot to add: We noticed the change of POV not being clear but we had already uploaded the game online. Thanks for pointing it out, though: this proved that the mistake really needs fixing.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Aviala »

Added some screenshots!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by philip »

Forgot to mention in my first post how much I liked the scene in the library, where the Captain sneaks in and is searching for the book with the aid of a dim light. A really neat and well executed effect!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Doedelzak
Completed: Orange Salvifique (RPG Maker game)
Projects: De Profundis (Renpy game), 12 (Renpy game)
Organization: points contigus
Soundcloud: benjamin-bouvrot

#8 Post by Doedelzak »

It is really beautiful, that's impressive. I haven't played it yet but the screenshots are amazing ! :o

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Aviala »

Thanks! If you decide to play it, please tell me what you thought! :D

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#10 Post by Anne »

I really enjoyed the demo - the writing, the characters (I hope we'll see more of the Client as well, really like his design), the backgrounds, pretty much everything is good - I wish it was longer though, to give a better idea of what kind of story it'll be.
You'll probably be happy to hear that a CG of the Flyfish is in the works.
I knew someone had asked that already! I'm very curious to see what Skyfish looks like, with all those descriptions of how beautiful she is.
Looking forward to the final release.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Aviala »

Thank you! We're currently working on an updated demo with some of the gameplay elements we're planning to include. 8)