Cafe Memoria [BxG][Comedy][Slice of Life][Waitress][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

Re: Cafe Memoria [BxG][Comedy][Slice of Life][Waitress][Free

#16 Post by MimirollCookie »

My laptop said it could be dangerous, is that true?? :?:
I wanna play it, though
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#17 Post by thebackup »

MimirollCookie wrote:My laptop said it could be dangerous, is that true?? :?:
I wanna play it, though
See this:
Kokoro Hane wrote:Oh! Note to downloaders -- your anti-virus might say the file will potentially damage your computer, discard it. It is just because it has not been downloaded very much yet, the game is safe!
It's a false positive. I would never upload stuff to harm your computer, the game is safe!

Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

#18 Post by Allegra Hughes »

I really enjoyed this and the voice acting made it even better! I'd be super excited to see an expansion or sequel!

DeathBlade
Organization: FioNicZa Projects

#19 Post by DeathBlade »

Looks Pretty Cool
Wanna Try It

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by MimirollCookie »

thebackup wrote:
MimirollCookie wrote:My laptop said it could be dangerous, is that true?? :?:
I wanna play it, though
See this:
Kokoro Hane wrote:Oh! Note to downloaders -- your anti-virus might say the file will potentially damage your computer, discard it. It is just because it has not been downloaded very much yet, the game is safe!
It's a false positive. I would never upload stuff to harm your computer, the game is safe!
OK! Thank you for saying!!
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by MimirollCookie »

Waiting for it to be downloaded......
EXCITED TO PLAY IT!!

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by MimirollCookie »

Wow!!! THIS GAME IS SO CUTE!!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by MimirollCookie »

How do you make the menu and the rating slip??

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer

#24 Post by thebackup »

Sakura Hughes wrote:I really enjoyed this and the voice acting made it even better! I'd be super excited to see an expansion or sequel!
MimirollCookie wrote:Wow!!! THIS GAME IS SO CUTE!!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
Thanks, I'm glad you like it!
MimirollCookie wrote:How do you make the menu and the rating slip??
Lots and lots of programming, and using an image editor.

Pannacone

#25 Post by Pannacone »

Played this last night and it was good!

Art was very slick and well done and I liked the transitions between locations, very smooth. I was playing in a quiet location so I didn't get the chance to have sound (booo~), so I'll have to go back and check out the music/voices.

Story wise, it was good, though. I definitely like the concept of having rating slips, it was a completely new way to interact with the story. I will agree with what I read mudora23 say, though: I wished it impacted the game just a little bit more. There were some characters that I wished I could chastise more for their behavior (Aurelia in particular for forgetting my name!).

Of the girls, Anna was my favorite, but I think it's great that Ryne already had an established crush on Julia. A set romantic counterpart works well for a game that's more linear in nature. Tristina was also very intriguing. I'd play a whole game to find out the cause of her problems with the male gender.

Altogether, very well made and definitely enjoyable.

DeathBlade
Organization: FioNicZa Projects

#26 Post by DeathBlade »

OMG I tried this game and I loved it !!!!!!
Keep Up the good work
Question:How long did this vn take to make?

thebackup
Veteran

#27 Post by thebackup »

Pannacone wrote:Played this last night and it was good!

Art was very slick and well done and I liked the transitions between locations, very smooth. I was playing in a quiet location so I didn't get the chance to have sound (booo~), so I'll have to go back and check out the music/voices.
I'm glad you liked it, despite playing it without sound!
Pannacone wrote: Story wise, it was good, though. I definitely like the concept of having rating slips, it was a completely new way to interact with the story. I will agree with what I read mudora23 say, though: I wished it impacted the game just a little bit more. There were some characters that I wished I could chastise more for their behavior (Aurelia in particular for forgetting my name!).
I have to admit the rating system is pretty basic, and somewhat tricky to code. Though, glad you like the idea!
Pannacone wrote: Of the girls, Anna was my favorite, but I think it's great that Ryne already had an established crush on Julia. A set romantic counterpart works well for a game that's more linear in nature. Tristina was also very intriguing. I'd play a whole game to find out the cause of her problems with the male gender.

Altogether, very well made and definitely enjoyable.
I'm glad you found the game to be enjoyable!
If there's a sequel, I'll try to expand more on Tristina (and of course the other girls).
DeathBlade wrote:OMG I tried this game and I loved it !!!!!!
Keep Up the good work
Question:How long did this vn take to make?
Thanks, glad you love it as well!
From putting the concept down on paper to completion, I'd say it took me at least a year and a half to make.

Catlip Candy
Regular
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Love Story (title susceptible to change)
Organization: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
itch: catlipcandy

#28 Post by Catlip Candy »

Yaaaay~ Finally finished it! First of all, I'm very thankful that I stumbled to this VN! It just boosted my courage to voice my characters! I like the voice acting! (But doesn't have a decent mic or pop filter or anything :lol: .... .... :cry:

Anyway, I love the most is MIKAELA!!! We both love Mountain De-... I mean Hilly Dew and I think we'll meet up in a hospital one day because we both have the same illness: diabetes. I' have a lot of mood swings, too (but not as often as Mikaela's :p ) but I know the reason of Mikaela's mood swings.
Of course there's her crush ----> Ryne, her mood will change to cheery if her crush smiles and compliments her. She'll get angry if a girl flirts with Ryne. Sheesh she's so easy to see through! 'Coz my soul is similar to hers ;)
That's why if you're gonna make a sequel, Mikaela is the top of my list to partner up with Ryne! I'm gonna ship those two! Off you two go to the romance ship abbbooooooaaardd~

Since there's my fave character, there's my least favorites. Sorry, I just want to comment this. My least fave is Anna. Sorry, I don't like too shy and too clumsy. (If I have a girlfriend, I don't want her to be too shy. I'll pick the more outgoing one - but not too outgoing that she flirts with other guys *cries). Second least fave is Amelia!!!! AMELIA!!!! Why?
She's so flirty gaaaaawwwwddd I don't like it.
But hey, when I rated "AMELIA" poorly... well... It kinda broke my heart... You know very well why. *cries but anyways, I get to see a whole different Ryne!!! So different that I thought I'm the one he's scolding... 0_0 So forget about Aurelia being my least favorite. The way many things interests her makes her interesting that way.
By the way, I need to get the joke on Aurelia's route, okay? They remind her of pe- pe- what? They looked like a *********** ... ******* what? :3 :3 :3
Other things... I noticed that there's only three questions asked on each route... like:
- what's your drink?
- your food?
- rate me please...

I hope there was more... I was expecting I could focus on one girl and pursue her love at the end of the day... but I don't think the main character pursues anyone here. Perhaps in the sequel you're making? Or gonna make? Or deciding to make? :3 I'm also the kind of person who likes CGs... but I'm not too demanding for that :lol: I just like Aurelia's singing on the extras,
how she speaks in Japanese and sings "Happy Birthday" song in Chinese and English...
Other comments:
I KNEW IT!!! Ryne is a Filipino! Just a hunch from the very first time I saw his surname: Reyes. Really typical name for a Pinoy.

And by the way, can I make a blog post about Cafe Memoria? It's not really a review, just my opinion as a reader of your VN. I'll share this thread's link and the MemoriaVN wordpress. I followed the blog ;)
All I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!
Please help me become a better visual novel creator!

~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~

thebackup
Veteran

#29 Post by thebackup »

Fake Existence wrote:Yaaaay~ Finally finished it! First of all, I'm very thankful that I stumbled to this VN! It just boosted my courage to voice my characters! I like the voice acting! (But doesn't have a decent mic or pop filter or anything :lol: .... .... :cry:
Haha, I'm glad the game (or more like the voice actresses) gave you encouragement to voice act!
Fake Existence wrote:have the same illness: diabetes. I' have a lot of mood swings, too (but not as often as Mikaela's :p ) but I know the reason of Mikaela's mood swings.
Of course there's her crush ----> Ryne, her mood will change to cheery if her crush smiles and compliments her. She'll get angry if a girl flirts with Ryne. Sheesh she's so easy to see through! 'Coz my soul is similar to hers ;)
That's why if you're gonna make a sequel, Mikaela is the top of my list to partner up with Ryne! I'm gonna ship those two! Off you two go to the romance ship abbbooooooaaardd~
Yay, Mikaela has a fan!
Fake Existence wrote:Second least fave is Amelia!!!! AMELIA!!!! Why?
She's so flirty gaaaaawwwwddd I don't like it.
But hey, when I rated "AMELIA" poorly... well... It kinda broke my heart... You know very well why. *cries but anyways, I get to see a whole different Ryne!!! So different that I thought I'm the one he's scolding... 0_0 So forget about Aurelia being my least favorite. The way many things interests her makes her interesting that way.
By the way, I need to get the joke on Aurelia's route, okay? They remind her of pe- pe- what? They looked like a *********** ... ******* what? :3 :3 :3
Well, she's pretty ditzy and airheaded. She's just saying stuff whatever comes out of her head. I'll leave it up to you what she's saying. ;)
Fake Existence wrote:I hope there was more... I was expecting I could focus on one girl and pursue her love at the end of the day... but I don't think the main character pursues anyone here. Perhaps in the sequel you're making? Or gonna make? Or deciding to make? :3 I'm also the kind of person who likes CGs... but I'm not too demanding for that :lol: I just like Aurelia's singing on the extras,
how she speaks in Japanese and sings "Happy Birthday" song in Chinese and English...
Romance isn't exactly a focus in this game, and I didn't want the game to end up being too long due to budget (and among other things). Of course, if there's a sequel, I do plan on expanding on the many elements of the game (including romance, and CGs).
Fake Existence wrote:Other comments:
I KNEW IT!!! Ryne is a Filipino! Just a hunch from the very first time I saw his surname: Reyes. Really typical name for a Pinoy.

And by the way, can I make a blog post about Cafe Memoria? It's not really a review, just my opinion as a reader of your VN. I'll share this thread's link and the MemoriaVN wordpress. I followed the blog ;)
Yeah. I wanted to make him Filipino, and that surname is the first thing that came up. ^^

You are more than welcome to make a blog post about Cafe Memoria! Spreading the word about this game is highly encouraged~

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#30 Post by ebi-hime »

I played the demo a while ago, and finally got around to playing the game like I meant to!
Aw, the VAs all did such a good job! I really like Mikaela's VA, and Aurelia's was absolutely adorable! She had my favourite voice of all the charas, it was so cute!
For some reason Ryne's VA kind of reminded me of Adachi from P4, which resulted in quite an odd experience XD It made me imagine that everything he was saying was really passive aggressive somehow haha n_n;;

I think overall Mikaela was my favourite girl, blonde twintail tsunderes are obviously the best >w<
The rating system was a nice touch of interactivity, and I liked being able to choose between the food and drink, too. Especially the 'pepci', 'Mr. Pepper', etc. Those not-quite brandnames made me laugh XD

This is a really cute little game with some nice artwork, GUI (the GUI in particular looks really good), voice acting, and music. You did a good job!
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆