Looking for Art Quality Checker/Advisor (Not drawing)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
csky
Regular
Completed: Perceptions of the Dead, Embers of Magic
Projects: Various Commissioned Artwork

Looking for Art Quality Checker/Advisor (Not drawing)

#1 Post by csky »

Hi Everyone.
I'm looking for an experienced artist to check my art perspectives and quality.

Currently I've decided to undertake a project where I want to try and do everything myself to see what I'm capable of.
However I'm not a full time or professional artist, and I know that when I draw people or some perspectives, things can be a little off, but since I've spent so long looking at it, it's hard for me to see the mistake myself, or if I do, I just don't know how to fix them.

I'm looking for someone to be able to check my art quality for me. (With a superior artistic skill than myself.)
Ideally an experienced artist who has a good grasp of human anatomy and perspectives who can take a look at some of the art I am sceptical about and maybe red-line some things for me at correct angles or give me some tips and advice to make sure everything is in perspective.

You don't have to do any kind of work (Unless you consider red-lining as work?) Just be good at keeping in contact and not act as if you are getting annoyed when I message you too much. (Preferably via Skype if not that Google Chat/Hangouts)

I've done some art already, but I don't want to post it up here at the moment, considering at this stage things are still getting started.Examples below. In brief, for this story I'm trying out a new art style for myself. (A painted/coloured line style) and the story is going to be about an older sister who travels into a fantastical realm in order to save her younger brother from death. It's set somewhere around 1900-1910, I haven't set a date, I'm just drawing everything in those kinds of styles.

I decided to include examples of the art that I know needs fixing so far. These are the worst things out of what I've drawn so far.
In the example the Blue markings are things that I've noticed and will tell you when I show you the art, and then things like the red is some quick examples of what I mean by red-lining.

Advantages to helping:
  • >Name in Credits!
    >Be the first one/s to play the game
    >No actual work, just advice.
    >Make a new friend (Aw shucks)
Advantages to not helping:
  • >Who knows?
I've found some people now, but if you are really interested, I don't mind more help.
Attachments
Examples.png
Last edited by csky on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

demonicbagel
Regular
Projects: The Flower Girl, The Cycle of Magic: Zevair's Tale

Re: Looking for Art Quality Checker/Advisor (No actual drawi

#2 Post by demonicbagel »

I have a picky eye for art, but I can probably lend a hand when I'm not busy trying to set up stuff for my own projects. Send me a line if you want.
Visual Novel Team's Twitter - https://twitter.com/OHHeartsVN

Our Healing Hearts Tumblr Blog - http://ohheartsvn.tumblr.com/

Avatar- Potato Cow Studios Logo Character by MelowBee

Washu_Ira
Projects: D Shuffle
Organization: Fool's Choice
Deviantart: Washu-Dark-Ira

Re: Looking for Art Quality Checker/Advisor (Not drawing) [O

#3 Post by Washu_Ira »

I'd be happy to assist. I've had to do this a few times with my friends and have yet to hear a complaint. ^^

csky
Regular
Completed: Perceptions of the Dead, Embers of Magic
Projects: Various Commissioned Artwork

#4 Post by csky »

I'm more than happy to have multiple opinions/backup as well, so if anyone else wants to help please reply.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#5 Post by Aviala »

Hey there,

I'm an artist, so I could probably do some redlines and overall help with the art. Send me a PM if you're interested.

wendybirdx
Regular

#6 Post by wendybirdx »

I could lend a hand, if you'd like! You can see how my artwork looks in these links: 1, 2 (the lineart), 3 (the lineart). If you want to see figure drawing and studies, you can PM me, I just don't want to post them publicly.