Celestial Toast's Sprites(maybe more) (Critique appreciated)

Art threads specific to a single artist.
runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

Re: Celestial Toast's Sprites(maybe more) (Critique apprecia

#16 Post by runeraccoon »

If you're using medibang with your Windows without a tablet, I suggest you utilize the "Pen -Fade In Fade Out" tool. It's nifty and your lines automatically have weight on them, which will benefit you for delicate things like hair and facial expressions. However, if you're not patient, it could frustrate you due to the exact same reason: the tool only put on weight in the middle and fade out on both edges.

Personally, if you're using mouse/trackpad, I'd recommend to draw your final drawing on paper, and then render it in SAI. Utilize the "Linework Layer", and the Pen tool there. You can edit the curve and thickness on each pivotal point manually after you draw with Pen tool, which makes the illusion of tablet working there. :D Just trace your paper drawing to the finest detail, and you'll get there eventually.

As for the coloring... Hm, I like the shading on your current profile pic better, to be honest.

It could also be due to the darker lineart to make a 2D-ish overall look which fits your style.

Celestial_Toast
Regular
Completed: Circus of Soaring Dreams, Rewind
Projects: Golden Hearts & Crimson Souls
Tumblr: celestialtoastgames
itch: celestial-toast

Re: Celestial Toast's Sprites(maybe more) (Critique apprecia

#17 Post by Celestial_Toast »

Thanks for the tips!

Yeah, as far as coloring goes, I'm still pretty new to it, so it's a hit or miss.
Check out my visual novels here: http://celestial-toast.itch.io/ Follow me on Twitter for game and story updates!