Destiny Voyage [GxB] [Romance, Adventure]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
UsaBerryHime
Regular
Completed: Destiny Voyage
Projects: {Destiny Movie}, [Stolen Destiny
Tumblr: usaberryhime
Deviantart: UsaBerryHime
itch: usaberryhime

Destiny Voyage [GxB] [Romance, Adventure]

#1 Post by UsaBerryHime »

Released!
Finally Destiny Voyage is complete, see the final thread here!
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=33771

This is a project that has been long in the making. I originally started this as just not expecting much- and I let life get in the way and so I went on a sort of hiatus on the project. However- this Summer I decided to get back at it seriously! I have made huge strides and am so excited to officially announce it!

I'm not really familiar with postings and announcing things / pumping up a following so I hope that this little post can somehow reach the masses and get people interested. Sorry if this turns out kinda bad!
***Story***

While vacationing on a cruise ship, Eden (renamable) and three other guys get trapped in an elevator. ((unlockable guy is available at a later time)) As the ship enters a deadly storm, the power vanishes and they try to regroup in the nearest muster station. However, they find that they are the only ones aboard the ship. The group must survive the next few hours and discover the reason behind everyone's disappearance.

***Characters***

= Eden =
( Renamable)
The MC of the game. She has a little sass to her when needed, but is usually a kind person.

= Eli =
A very sweet boy, he is another passenger aboard the cruise ship that's vacationing with his family. As the older brother of two, he is usually cheerful and easy to get along with. Despite this gloomy situation he can make the best out of it and cheer everyone up.

= Leon =
Although he can be a little big-headed at times, he takes his job as a lifeguard serious. He loves to tease, but he can be kind at times as well. Because of the way he was brought up, he's able to know enough about boats to gather a good understanding of the ships condition, which comes in handy later in the story.

= Ryan =
Also an employee of the boat, Ryan works as an on board musician playing guitar throughout the day in different spots to entertain the guests. While serious on the outside, he can joke around (though you might not be able to tell hehe). There will be a lot of awkward pauses because he won't talk unless he wants to.

= UNLOCK =
Surprise! I added an unlockable character ~

(also sorry these are different sizes, it's either this or massive pics so I thought these would be better)

***Screenshots***

*more will come eventually ~ this was all i had sorry *

***Features***

= Unlockable Character!
= 11 endings ( 3 per character, 2 for unlock chara)
= Lots of CGs
= Mini Personality Quiz !
= ^ (Like Coke or Pepsi)
= more ? (undecided)

***Progress***

= Writing: 80%
= ✿ Sprites: 100% ✿
= CGs: 12/15
✿ = BGs: 21/21 ✿
✿ = Music: 100% ✿
= Coding: 70%
= GUI: 50%

*some of these I'm rewriting the last parts so it's sorta a partial percentage*

***Credit***

= Code/Write/Art: http://usaberryhime.deviantart.com/
= Engine: http://www.renpy.org/
= Fonts: http://www.dafont.com/quixotic2.font , http://www.dafont.com/vip-roman.font
= Music: http://www.freesfx.co.uk/

***Questions***
= Do you like this idea?
= Any tips/tricks?
= Which guy do you like best so far?
= I'l try to answer everything I can! ~
Hi there~
Thank you so much for reading!
I'm really excited releasing this information and I really appreciate any feedback! ~
Last edited by UsaBerryHime on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

iamwhatonearth
Regular
Projects: The Town Called Data
Tumblr: iamwhatonearth
Deviantart: whatonearth

Re: Destiny Voyage [GxB] [Romance, Adventure]

#2 Post by iamwhatonearth »

I noticed you tagged this girl x boy but story sounds like only boys are on the ship? Where does the girl come in? lol

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#3 Post by UsaBerryHime »

iamwhatonearth wrote:I noticed you tagged this girl x boy but story sounds like only boys are on the ship? Where does the girl come in? lol
Thank you for your comment! I'm sorry if that came off confusing- the girl is Eden, the renamable character and main heroine. The group (Eden plus the guys) are the ones on the ship.

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#4 Post by Harliqueen »

Oh, this sounds awesome! Liking the sound of the intrigue of what happened to everyone on the ship, and I really like the colourfulness of your characters :)
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Kuzuki
Deviantart: miukuzuki

#5 Post by Kuzuki »

Hello there!! I am rooting for your game when it is released!!

Leon caught my attention at first sight!! Mini Personality Quiz sounds unique (not many has quiz inside game)..! I am very curious how it will turn out. (> u < )

Oh.. How long have you been working for this project? Need any helps? :3

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#6 Post by UsaBerryHime »

Harliqueen wrote:Oh, this sounds awesome! Liking the sound of the intrigue of what happened to everyone on the ship, and I really like the colourfulness of your characters :)
wahh thank you so much~~ I know i went a little overboard with the designs (i love strong colors) so I was a little worried about that but i'm really glad you like it~ thank you so much! :D

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#7 Post by UsaBerryHime »

Kuzuki wrote:Hello there!! I am rooting for your game when it is released!!

Leon caught my attention at first sight!! Mini Personality Quiz sounds unique (not many has quiz inside game)..! I am very curious how it will turn out. (> u < )

Oh.. How long have you been working for this project? Need any helps? :3
Thank you so much for your lovely comment! It made me so happy to hear your feedback ( ^ u ^ ) I'm actually really proud how I coded it because your results unlocks an ending or not. So yeah I can't wait to you play and find out how that works~

I actually started this project at the end of 2013, but went on hiatus for school reasons until this Summer. I know, that's way too long! Thank you so much for your offer! Honestly feedback is what I need most so thank you for your comment :) !

nosoclever

#8 Post by nosoclever »

This looks like a good otome to play! i'll add this game to the one am waiting for >w<
***Questions***
1= Do you like this idea?
2= Any tips/tricks?
3= Which guy do you like best so far?
4= I'l try to answer everything I can! ~
1. Yes! i like it very much! looks refreshing! sounds really fun to play! ^_^(Not the typical high school setting am a little bored of that i like them but you know xD)

2. The personality Quiz sounds like a lot of work... i just hope you finish the game it looks so good! T_T Also, This does not have minigames?! because i tend to rage-quit visualnovels with stat-rasing or any "gameplay" Am a simple person who enjoys just reading XD and make some choices to get a diferent ending!^^:

3. Eli all the way! i always go for the cheerful dudes, i don't like much depresive or way too serius ones. i tend to leave that kind of characters for the last XD

4. When do you think you would release the game or at least a demo D:
just wondering! don't feel pressured d: Will this be free to play or is a commercial one?
warning bad english :v

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#9 Post by UsaBerryHime »

nosoclever wrote: 1. Yes! i like it very much! looks refreshing! sounds really fun to play! ^_^(Not the typical high school setting am a little bored of that i like them but you know xD)

2. The personality Quiz sounds like a lot of work... i just hope you finish the game it looks so good! T_T Also, This does not have minigames?! because i tend to rage-quit visualnovels with stat-rasing or any "gameplay" Am a simple person who enjoys just reading XD and make some choices to get a diferent ending!^^:

3. Eli all the way! i always go for the cheerful dudes, i don't like much depresive or way too serius ones. i tend to leave that kind of characters for the last XD

4. When do you think you would release the game or at least a demo D:
just wondering! don't feel pressured d: Will this be free to play or is a commercial one?
Thank you so much for your feedback! I really appreciate it! ( > u < ) I agree, I didn't want to start off with a slice of life- I find them a bit cliche too sometimes - so I'm really glad that someone else thought the same ~

I'm glad you you're interested about the personality quiz! Actually it's a really simple code of menu's: it's based like a coke or pepsi game// like this or that etc.
And don't worry! There's no point system or stats bar at all- I dislike those too! There's only a few options that give you different endings :3 (( the personality quiz also gives a different ending depending on the outcome :D ))

Yay! I'm so happy that Eli is getting some love ( ^ o ^) ~

I'm trying as hard to go fast but high quality at the same time, but I really want to finish it by the end of summer! Before I go off to school. Like, that's my major goal. And it will be free! I want everyone to enjoy it that finds it :)
Thanks again for commenting!
Image Image Image

Willowen
Projects: Oh My Deer
Organization: Endless Production
Tumblr: Endless-Production
Deviantart: Willowen

#10 Post by Willowen »

***Questions***
= Do you like this idea?
= Any tips/tricks?
= Which guy do you like best so far?
= I'l try to answer everything I can! ~
1. Oh wow, I'm so excited for this VN! The storyline is intriguing and different from others I have played so far. The personality quiz is also a very interesting but what caught my attention the most was your art. I love the brightness of it and how you designed each character.

2. Er, since I am a total beginner, I can't give any tips or tricks. I'm sorry. (/ω\) I might be the one asking you for tips instead!

3. Hmmm, probably Ryan is my favorite. I have the tendency to go for the shy boys first or really tough and stubborn ones (haha).

4. How did you come up with the idea behind this visual novel? Do you plan on having unlockable CG art? Will you be uploading a demo before releasing the whole game?

I read above that you are trying to finish this game before the end of summer for school and just want to say that I'm trying to do the same! There's at least four - six weeks left before school up again for everyone. WE GOT THIS! \(*´∀`*)/
Currently Working on

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#11 Post by UsaBerryHime »

Willowen wrote: 1. Oh wow, I'm so excited for this VN! The storyline is intriguing and different from others I have played so far. The personality quiz is also a very interesting but what caught my attention the most was your art. I love the brightness of it and how you designed each character.

2. Er, since I am a total beginner, I can't give any tips or tricks. I'm sorry. (/ω\) I might be the one asking you for tips instead!

3. Hmmm, probably Ryan is my favorite. I have the tendency to go for the shy boys first or really tough and stubborn ones (haha).

4. How did you come up with the idea behind this visual novel? Do you plan on having unlockable CG art? Will you be uploading a demo before releasing the whole game?

I read above that you are trying to finish this game before the end of summer for school and just want to say that I'm trying to do the same! There's at least four - six weeks left before school up again for everyone. WE GOT THIS! \(*´∀`*)/
Wahhh! Thank you so much for commenting! ( >////<) I am so flattered~
Haha, I'm sorta a beginner too, so we'll learn together! ahaha, tutorials are a life savor.

I came up with the idea for the visual novel while I was actually vacationing on a cruise to Bermuda. I thought "wouldn't it be odd if somehow everyone vanished?" And then I looked around to see character potentials. The entertainer was a guitar player (Ryan's inspiration) but was female lol. And there's no lifeguards for the pools, but hey, it sorta worked haha.

By unlockable, does that mean including a CG gallery? I hadn't planned on it, however I thought about it. I figured it was a little difficult to do (scared) so maybe I can include one? Do you think that's a good idea?

And no demo unfortunately, well, not at this moment. ... Actually that's not a bad idea! I'll have to do some research and change a few things, but I could?

AND YES! we can encourage each other then! Whoop whoop we got this!! ( ^ u ^)~
Image Image Image

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#12 Post by UsaBerryHime »

Update Time!
For now here are some more screenshots, since this is my first game and I have a pretty close time restraint I'm not going to do anything too fancy with the GUI - because I am a complete newb at this and I have to go to college at the end of August yeah! so forgive me that it's nothing great, anywhoodles here they are! Also I am trying my very best here and any advice / feedback is greatly appreciated!

Image Image Image