Magical Warrior Diamond Heart [GxB/G/NB][DEMO] [KICKSTARTER LIVE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart [otome][GXG/GXB][Friendshi

#61 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Lookin' good! Thanks for remembering to update. :D
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

Re: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart [otome][GXG/GXB][Friendshi

#62 Post by Pyonkotchi »

fgdfg.png
i finished another villain sprite, Onyx, and i posted up mini profiles for the villains up on tumlr :^3
http://magicalwarriordiamondheart.tumbl ... gency-bios

Pyonkotchi
Veteran

Re: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart [Otome][Friendship]

#63 Post by Pyonkotchi »

It's demo time!
This demo is just to get feedback and to give you all a small taste of what the full game will be like. it's a bit short and i didnt get to do as much as i'd like but hey, its a demo! ;^)

get it here!!
http://pyonkotchi.itch.io/mwdh-demo

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart[Otome][Friendship] DEMO TI

#64 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Yay! Downloading now! :) I'll leave feedback as soon as I can.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Ghost #9
Regular
Projects: Imaginarium
Organization: AlteRealm

#65 Post by Ghost #9 »

Just finished playing the demo! I've been looking forward to this one. I'm not usually so easily hook, line, and sinkered by artwork alone, but your style is unignorably vibrant. Not that the plot had nothing to do with it; I was quite curious to see how the magical girl genre would be handled in a visual novel format. I'm not certain if that was what you were going for, but I found myself immediately shipping
Liam and Alex
the moment they showed up together. That's not really much a spoiler, but it doesn't specifically mention them being friends on the front page. Better safe than sorry, right?
Rosalia and Diana
are pretty shippable as well. I wonder who the actual pairings are? xD

I enjoyed the demo overall (it was actually longer than I expected), but I did notice several grammatical errors. I also found myself wanting to know what their oft referenced transformation devices and weapons and attacks actually look like, but I did consider the possibility that they would be shown in the finalized version of the game. In any case, I look forward to the next release!

Pyonkotchi
Veteran

#66 Post by Pyonkotchi »

@Ghost #9
Thank you!!
I'm glad you had fun with it!

I do have plans to make event cgs for the attacks and items, and for the villains, but since I wanted to get the demo out on the ninth i didn't have time to add them in :^p

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#67 Post by Arowana »

I have a huge soft spot for magical girls, and your art is absolutely adorable! (that little dog chibi melts my heart, hahah) Downloading and playing for sure! :D
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

doodlemancy

#68 Post by doodlemancy »

Hello it's me! The admin from #MagicalGirlAlliance on dA! I said I was gonna play your demo and I did, and I like it! I especially love your hilarious chibi drawings, and how bright and saturated and vibrant your colors are. Great demo, can't wait to see the finished product. I wish you the best in completing this labor of love.

(I also love how excited Valerie is when she first transforms. XD SO CUTE.)

yoshibb
Veteran

#69 Post by yoshibb »

Just played through the demo, you're artwork is so unbelievably adorable. This totally feels like it could be a magical girl anime. And I love Valerie's personality through it all, she makes for a great protagonist.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#70 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Okay so I seriously just logged on for the first time in forever because

This game is so adorable! Usually I don't like pure magical girl stories but it's like...candy or something.

Also at the end when
Alex and Liam saw Amber? I think. I screamed because I had to know if they were gonna be part of the team. And they are? I'm so happy.
I can't wait for the full version!
deviantART
---------------------

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#71 Post by frederic09 »

[girly side ON]
I currently can't express my emotions, but wow the game is so cute, so lovely, i'm giggling like crazy.
And Zachary transforming as a magical girl, hihi i would have reacted like him. So pretty :)
[/girly side OFF]

Well, the serious thing now : Any ETA for the full game ?
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#72 Post by Akitsuki »

Just found it and it already has a demo! Lucky!! I'm totally a sucker for such cute sprites! And not to mention the interesting plot as well! Anyway, having a demo is really awesome because you're halfway there already. Good luck!

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#73 Post by ebi-hime »

I just played the demo and aaa!!! I love it! It was so CUTE! And the art is absolutely adorable! I love how all the characters have so many outfits, and I love they have so many funny/exaggerated Sailor Moon esque expressions, and I how sparkly all their outfits are, and I love all the CGs!
I especially like how the text box is hidden during CGs so it doesn't get in the way, it's a nice touch.
It was nice even some minor characters, like Clover's sister and Valerie's mother, had sprites, too.
And the GUI looks really, really good.
The title cards at the beginning of each 'episode' with the chibi art was also super adorable!!! ;_;
I hope this means there'll be about 50 short 'episodes', most of them filler, which only builds up into something resembling an epic, world-saving plot in the last 4 or 5 'episodes'? XD

I sense lots of Sailor Moon vibes from Valerie haha XD
And is Citrine's tamborine a reference to Sunshine's tambourine in Precure? Since they're both yellow magical girls XD

One thing that seemed kind of odd, though, was there was some swearing in it? I don't think swearing is a bad thing or anything, but it seemed really jarring when it's such a cute magical girl story, inspired by things like Precure and Sailor Moon. It just didn't seem to suit the tone of the story?
There are other issues like inconsistent BGs some typos, and not enough music, but since this is a demo I guess this going to be fixed in the full version anyway.
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#74 Post by noeinan »

I don't know how I only just found this game, but OMG the art is gorgeous, the story looks super awesome, and I''m downloading the demo now! :D

[Edit] Ah, I had to play the demo right away and it was so fun and hilarious! You did a great job on the dialogue, and the fight scenes were perfect. You didn't describe more than you had to, and the transformation graphics and battle slides kept the energy up! I'm super excited to play the full game when it comes out!

neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

#75 Post by neuropsy »

I just finished the demo and I am SO pumped for the full release.

The characters are so likable and funny and it's just so fun seeing everyone interact. Valerie is so hilariously air-headed, Sophia reminds me of myself, Clover is absolutely adorable and precious, Zacharie seems like he'd be an IRL BFF for me, Alex seems like an awesome bro to hang around with, I'm intimidated by Liam but I'm sure he'll earn redemption, Ethan's dynamic with everyone is just great, and gosh the fairy designs are just d'aaaaw.

For some reason I am in love with Onyx's character design. He is an ass but his design is aesthetically pleasing. *3*

Overall, this game had me smiling and laughing the whole time. I'm so excited to see the full story and ugh. The art is fantastic, too! I love your style!

The only crit I have is that there are some grammatical errors, but other than that, everything is spot on. The good of this demo far overshadows any little grammatical errors I've found. If you want, I can proofread--free of charge! :3

Hehe, I'm actually developing a Magical Girl visual novel too (though I'm not ready to make a topic about it quite yet), and it's so fun for me to compare yours and mine! Always glad to see a fellow Magical Girl VN developer!

Edit: Oh! Forgot to add how I really liked how the CG art was styled like an anime with subtitles on! That was awesome!
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight