Commercial Romance VN - FILLING POSITIONS

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
SBG_Eric
Regular
Completed: Warhammer 40K (non-commercial MTG set), Tales of Symphonia (non-commercial MTG set)
Projects: Galactic Domain, Dragonfish Racers, *A Yet Unnamed Miniatures Wargame*
Organization: Sunbridge Games LLC
IRC Nick: SBG_Eric

Commercial Romance VN - FILLING POSITIONS

#1 Post by SBG_Eric »

Hey all, I'm SBG_Eric. So a while back I tried to start up a group to make a VN. but due to delays, people having to leave the team, and falling out of contact the team eventually was disbanded. After taking some time to reorganize how I wanted to handle my team management I am returning to once again bring together a team with the hopes of writing, completing, and publishing a VN. This time I want to take a bit more of an involved role from the beginning, not just during coding, and will also be working on the writing team for this project. :mrgreen:

Team Openings
Project Lead: SBG_Eric
Coder 1: Bonesy0
Coder 2 (GUI): DragoonHP
Musical Composer: Rob Power and Blodeuyn
Writer 1: SBG_Eric (2 scenarios)
Writer 2: Blue Books (2 scenarios)
Character Artist 1: Sayuui
Character Artist 2: Sorani
Background Artist: Sorani
CG Artist: Sorani
GUI Artist: Morhighan

All unfilled positions are currently open for applicants who are interested.
:!: Current critically sought positions
:idea: Current sought positions

What We Need
As this game is still having the scenario written the primary role being sought currently is writers. As such, individuals applying for this position will be given priority when scheduling interviews. While I would love to find dedicated artists or composers now the typical time delays between story-boarding, scenario-writing, and character modeling can be a lengthy one depending on the game. Any artists or composers who join at this point and time should be willing to commit attendance to the writer meeting when needed (at least once a month), which will be being held as detailed below, and have requested concept sketches/compositions prepared for presentation.

Project
Interested individuals should be familiar with both the Dropbox, GDrive, and Skype programs, as these will be used regularly for team-wide communication.The team will hold weekly meetings to discuss progress. New resources and ideas will be distributed via Dropbox/GDrive. All members of the team are expected to participate in multiple aspects of the project. Are you doing art and have free time before a meeting? Read one of the scripts beforehand so you can give feedback and criticism to the author. Listen to that new song idea the composer posted into Dropbox yesterday. Does it fit the scene(s) it's intended for? Does the tempo or feeling of the song need more variation? These are all things that we want to work out earlier, rather than later, and a team effort is paramount in making this all happen efficiently. The final objective is to make the best product possible.

To start, there will be weekly mandatory meetings for all writing staff which will typically last 1-2 hours. During this time members of the writing staff will be expected to have ready ideas to present and discuss with their peers.

Additionally, I will be available for contact at most points. Once the project's writing staff is full I will be getting a Google phone line routed over to my cell phone. This number will be given out to members of the team so that they can contact me directly with any questions/concerns/problems encountered.

Project Pacing
So I've had a number of people ask me what the pace of work is going to look like for this project. Here's a quick summary of what different roles should anticipate being asked of them. If anyone wants to do more than minimum that's great, it pushes forward the timetable! It's not going to be required though, we all have other work to do so we can eat and pay rent! :lol:

Writing - I will be discussing in detail weekly during writer meetings, expect a fairly good clip until it's done.
Music - Music is a bit tricky, until all tracks have at least a working form expect to be asked for 2-3 compositions (ranging from 1:30-3:00 in duration) each month
Character Artists - The timetable for a full character and sprite sets is 1-2 months per character
Background Artist - The timetable for background art is 1-2 backgrounds every couple of months
CG Artist - The timetable for CG art is a finished CG set every 1-2 months

Web Synopsis: Alazne Flores is a young bounty hunter in traveling aimlessly around Mexico during the early 2000s. Running from her past (and quickly out of money) Alazne makes haste to the nearest town. Eager to have some money for a change she takes on her latest bounty hunt unaware of what lay in store...

Project Goals:
The goal of this project is to produce a full visual novel, kickstart the project, and release a retail copy for sale. This project, in particular, is intended to produce an Otome Romance. While I have various scenarios that I have been working on for this game I would also enjoy hearing the ideas and thoughts of the rest of the writing team as we work on the storyboard. The intended development timeline for this game is 1-2 years.

Payment:
Last time I began working on a VN this was something that caused me a lot of headache. While I previously have explored multiple different options for lawyer-written contracts these have always had large expenses attached to them that have not been feasible. As such ALL contracts will be written PRIOR to an individual joining the project and will be based on details discussed during interviews. These will be compiled into .PDF documents and emailed out to their intended recipients. Once received, individuals should review the documents for correctness and then send a reply to me confirming their acceptance of the contract. This is acting as your digital signature and makes the contract binding, PLEASE read and re-read the contract to ensure that everything is correct before replying.

Rates of Pay
-------------------
Project Coder (Copy Pasta): 5%
Project Coder (GUI): 10%
Musical Composer: 10%
Writer: 5% per scenario
Character Artist: 10%
Background Artist: 10%
CG Artist: 10%
GUI Artist: 10%

Revenue Streams:
Game sales (PC release, others are a potential)
OST sales
Project Kickstart
Other opportunities as discussed

When Will The Project Start?
The project will start as soon as all of the writer positions are filled, ideally in less than a month. After the project has begun the first meeting will be a short introduction and discussion regarding the project and allowing all team members to meet one another. Dropbox, GDrive, and other software details will be discussed, and at the end of the meeting goals for the next meeting will be given.

Will The Game Include Adult Content?
Yes and no. This one really depends on what the writing team comes up with for their own scenarios. Explicit content (sex, nudity, etc) is not directly prohibited for this project. Neither are any adult themes (drugs, violence, etc). That being said... one of the major revenue streams for this game is intended to be via the digital retail release. As such, this game will also attempt Steam Greenlight once it has been finished. Steam = NO EXPLICIT CONTENT, especially from an unrated indie VN. Thus, any writers that want to do explicit content should speak to me during meetings regarding how this will be handled. An advance warning, however, is that explicit content will cause you more work.

Are You Interested?
It may sound like a lot of work for a small visual novel project, but remember, our timeline is projected to be 1-2 years. Obviously this isn't what most people would define as their "main job", so not everyone is going to be able (or willing) to spend every waking hour on the project. We are, however, looking for motivated individuals who want to see this project through to completion. Dedication is a MUST! If you feel like this is a project that you would be interested in working on then please get in touch with me either using the lemmasoft forums or via e-mail (this will be given out only to interested parties who contact me first, as per lemmasoft forum regulations). Once you have contacted me an interview will be scheduled for an ASAP time.
Last edited by SBG_Eric on Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Sunbridge Games Projects
Visual Novel Project (Pre-Dev): http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 60&t=33087
- Seeking Writer (5% per scenario) [1 Scenarios Remaining]

Galactic Domain (Post-Dev/Testing) & Dragonfish Racers (In-Dev): Projects on Hold // Require Artist(s)

Other projects TBA: 2+

Fantasy/Play-or-Die Light Novel (Outline/Drafting)

GuyFromYonder
Projects: "One Last Tear" and "A Lot of Firsts"

Re: Commercial Romance VN - FILLING POSITIONS

#2 Post by GuyFromYonder »

I sent you a PM.

SBG_Eric
Regular
Completed: Warhammer 40K (non-commercial MTG set), Tales of Symphonia (non-commercial MTG set)
Projects: Galactic Domain, Dragonfish Racers, *A Yet Unnamed Miniatures Wargame*

#3 Post by SBG_Eric »

CG Artist position has been filled. Many thanks to Amena-chaan from over at Deviant Art!
Sunbridge Games Projects
Visual Novel Project (Pre-Dev): http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 60&t=33087

Galactic Domain (Post-Dev/Testing) & Dragonfish Racers (In-Dev): Projects on Hold // Require Artist(s)

SBG_Eric
Regular

#4 Post by SBG_Eric »

One of the writer positions has been filled, many thanks to GuyFromYonder! There are currently 2 scenarios remaining for this project.
Sunbridge Games Projects

mobychan
Veteran
Projects: The Chosen - Sakura Pink & Gentian Blue
Organization: Foresoft

#5 Post by mobychan »

There's a PM from me ;)

Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

#6 Post by Steamgirl »

I am happy to say I have joined this project as a writer. Having spoken to Eric, I have a lot of faith in the potential of of this action-packed romantic VN.

SBG_Eric
Regular

#7 Post by SBG_Eric »

We have had a writer position (1 scenario, 5%) open up on the team. If interested please reach out to me and I will schedule you for an interview.
Sunbridge Games Projects

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#8 Post by Morhighan »

Let me know if you need a GUI artist. :) Sadly I can't code the GUI, but I can at least make it look pretty.

SBG_Eric
Regular

#9 Post by SBG_Eric »

Hey there, SBG_Eric here. Our CG Artist, Amena-chaan, has had to leave the project due to some personal things going on, so the position is once again available for those interested.
Sunbridge Games Projects

SBG_Eric
Regular

#10 Post by SBG_Eric »

SBG_Eric here. Thanks to everyone who has applied so far. If you haven't had a chance to talk to me yet, don't worry, I'm still interviewing for all the unfilled positions. I've had a pretty busy schedule, and haven't been able to reach out to anyone for the past couple days, but starting Friday I will begin interviewing for the positions again.
Sunbridge Games Projects

SBG_Eric
Regular

#11 Post by SBG_Eric »

Hey there everyone, the composer position(s) have been filled. Many grand welcomes to Rob and Kairi for coming on board and joining the team! :D
Sunbridge Games Projects

DVXRedstar
Deviantart: DVXRedstar

#12 Post by DVXRedstar »

Sent a PM.

Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

#13 Post by Agashi »

I'm interested in the writing position, if it's still open. I sent along a PM. :)
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

Sayuui
Regular
Completed: Refraction, I want to fly
Projects: Seraphim, Lucid Dreamer
IRC Nick: Sayuui
Tumblr: Sayuui

#14 Post by Sayuui »

Awaiting any time you are available to talk. If your schedule is a little too oppressing, I won't mind setting the interview to you late at night or in the morning, I know what if feels like to have a schedule like that! ^ u ^" Also, I'm looking for two positions! I hope it's ok~
Freelance anime artist. Find me on
Recruitment thread
Twitter
Art portfolio
Instagram
Business inquiries: sayuuiart@gmail.com

chaotiqueparadis
Regular
Deviantart: chaotiqueparadis

#15 Post by chaotiqueparadis »

I'm interested in the character artist position, may it be character desings or doing sprites. There's one thing, I won't draw nudity or anything with sexual content.

Here you can see some of my works.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 62&t=33790