Britney's Back! :D

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

Britney's Back! :D

#1 Post by Rozume »

except my name isn't britney

Hey guys, it's Roz here. Most of you here probably don't remember me, or even know me, or even noticed I was gone, but I'm some chick who pitched some neat ideas in the ideas thread (all of which have a 99.9% chance of never being made, even the ones I said I'll make for realsies). I also made a short and crappy NaNoRenO VN, which I have to say is mediocre at best and cringe-worthy at worse. But hey, you gotta suck before you can get good right?

I also have a handful of art requests that are waaaayy overdue but I probably won't fill any of them, sorry guys

Anyway, I left the community for some time due to... certain reasons. I really don't want to stir up some unnecessary drama, since this might be a bit of a landmine for some people, but I feel it needs to be said: I left because I noticed that some people in the community could not handle opinions that differ from their own. In addition, said people seemed to endorse a single viewpoint and would instantly dismiss those that didn't appeal to their politics or their ideology. Now I don't want know if this is such a problem now and I don't want to spark a debate or anything, but if you're interested in discussing things with me, we can do it over PM or I can give you my skype; however, I feel this is important for anyone, developer or no, to learn how to handle opinions that differ from their own. Because honestly, if the EVN community wants to actually grow, it also has to learn to accept differences even if those differences may be hard to tolerate.

I think it's safe to say that this applies to life in general. We live in vast and diverse world with different people and different viewpoints, we must learn to acknowledge our differences and similarities and really understand them. Furthermore, we must allow ourselves to be challenged if we want to grow as individuals.

But I'll get off my soapbox for now.

Tyrantauranox
Regular

Re: Britney's Back! :D

#2 Post by Tyrantauranox »

Welcome back! From a pragmatic perpsective, forum arguments can (and usually do) chew up a ton of time that could have been used for development. I try to weigh discussions before even joining them, which is why I may come off as a bit of a lurker.

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#3 Post by sasquatchii »

I have noticed that people on here really do enjoy debating/arguing, which is understandable since they're all discussing things they're passionate about. A lot of the time I stay out of it, because as tyrantauranox already said, arguing with strangers online does tend to eat up a good bit of time that could have been spent more productively.

Also... there have been SO many times where I've read debates on here, and agreed with both sides, because both sides had valid points. There are so many things that are subjective, and there is no black and white; things tend to be a lot more colorful and deep than just yes/no, right/wrong, true/false. I think that pointing this out to people can be a waste of time, though, especially if they're argumentative strangers lurking the internet.

Anyways, hello again! It's great to see back! I totally remember you, Munster academy was fun and you should be proud :D
ImageImage

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#4 Post by trooper6 »

Welcome Back!
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

#5 Post by truefaiterman »

Welcome back, I'm pretty sure I've seen you in a lot of threads, since I recognized your avatar at first sight!

It's a good reason to leave if you don't feel "comfortable" with the community (or part of it), but it's good to see that, even with that, you still wanted to come back!
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

#6 Post by Rozume »

Hey, thanks everyone for all the greetings! And yeah, online arguments does eat up a lot of time so it's best to pick your fights wisely.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#7 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Welcome back :) I thought your name was Britney for a second haha hope this go around in better. I rarely get into those kinds of controversial threads for the same reason.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#8 Post by AsHLeX »

Welcome back!! I recognize you from my time stalking the forums (lol).
I tend to stay away from debates for the same reason ^_^
New demo out 24/12/23!!