Armor Blitz [Military][Adventure][Moe Anthropormorphism]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nymbryxion

Armor Blitz [Military][Adventure][Moe Anthropormorphism]

#1 Post by Nymbryxion »

Hello everyone, my team is working on the game called Armor Blitz! The game combines the visual novel story experience with a real time collectible card game battle system. The player leads an army of moe anthropormorphic WWII tanks as they fight against the legions of the Corruption.
Story
When weapons pass away in battle, their souls go to the realm of Armor Blitz, a haven for well worn spirits. Taking the form of anthropormoprhic beings, the weapons exist together in a life of balance and harmony. In particular are the tanks, which take the form of cute moe anthropormorphic girls (note: smaller firearms and weapons are represented as cute anthropormorphic critters while other types of vehicles and weaponry are represented differently).
However, the peace was not to last. The Corruption, a darkness that devours all, has entered into the realm, it bleeds malice in the world and converts all the souls it touches into monstrosities that only seek destruction.

The tanks must rally together together to survive. As the General, it is up to you to lead the forces against the darkness and uncover the mysteries behind this world.
Combat Gameplay
Combat game play for Armor Blitz consists of a mixture of collectible card games and real time tug of war lane battling. The player must assemble a force in the form of a deck to fight against the forces of the Corruption. In combat you receive a hand where you drag and deploy tanks to defeat the enemy generals. As you defeat the enemy, you claim more territory and unlock more of the story as you progress.
Main Characters
Rachel, US Platoon Leader

Rachel is never a shy girl when it comes to expressing herself. As the loud and rambunctious representative of U.S. tanks, her personality tends to overwhelm those around her. She loves to blow things up and make her voice heard by everyone, including the enemy. Despite Rachel’s outgoing and cheery personality, she still makes sure to do her duty and will work hard to keep everyone on track.
Evie, British Platoon Leader

If you bring tea to the party, Evie will be there! She is an ardent fan of tea, as a true British lady should be. In fact, Evie comes from a long line of royalty and makes sure those around her respect that fact. Easily flustered and offended, Evie tends to defend her opinions aggressively. This usually leads to arguments with her “equals,” especially Natalia.
Natalia, USSR Platoon Leader

Natalia is the no-nonsense member of the group. There’s no adversary that can shatter Natalia’s courage. Her fearlessness is driven by strict training and field experience. To have her achievements be recognized will not only bring glory to her name and country; it lets her rest easy knowing that she served her motherland well.

Progress
We're currently still working on the story, polishing up the gameplay and working on the world map system and plan to release on Android first. On the story side, one thing we're primarily working on are more new background environments and new character art. There is still quite a bit to go but I'm aiming to post new updates as we go along as well as introducing new characters.
Follow us!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/armorblitz
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArmorBlitz

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

Re: Armor Blitz [Military][Adventure][Moe Anthropormorphism]

#2 Post by Morhighan »

This definitely looks interesting!
I like the KanColle feel it has, if you don't mind my saying that. Your work seems original enough, I just noticed some similarities. ;)
You have my support.
I'm especially interested in the corrupted characters.
I wish you luck!

wererat42
Regular

#3 Post by wererat42 »

This looks awesome, but I have to ask, are you making this with Ren'py?

Nymbryxion

#4 Post by Nymbryxion »

Thanks for the feedback!

The original idea came as a bit of a joke with a friend of mine, he really loved WWII military vehicles. He was an avid World of Tanks fan and he showed me the Korean forums (he's Korean) and the hottest topic was moe anthropormorphic military vehicles. That said, during character design we did look at Kantai Collection for inspiration. Rather than the characters simply being the vehicle/object such as the OS-tans and Mental Models from Arpeggio, we felt that having military hardware on the characters themselves was more suitable and identifiable, plus it worked better on the combat side (since we needed them to shoot).

That said, we do want to emphasis more on crafting the world, as tanks aren't the only weapons in the world. We feel that having a more interesting plot and universe is better than just simply having cute moe characters.

As for the game engine, we're currently using Unity 3d. This is mainly due to multiplatform and it was more suitable for our combat and world map systems.

Nymbryxion

#5 Post by Nymbryxion »

Just finished animating the Centurion MK 1 chibi character today. :3

Nymbryxion

#6 Post by Nymbryxion »

Chibis :3

ImageImageImage

Nymbryxion

#7 Post by Nymbryxion »

Our project is now up on Square Enix Collective! :)

http://collective.square-enix.com/proje ... rmor-blitz