Looking for Writer for Non-Commercial Mobile Game [CLOSED]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Jate
Regular
Deviantart: Jate8D

Looking for Writer for Non-Commercial Mobile Game [CLOSED]

#1 Post by Jate »

Hi!

I'm looking for a writer. I am, for the purposes of this project, a coder and artist. My original intention was to do this project on my own. However, I'm working on two other games right now, and working on this one in my spare time. While I could write it on my own, and will have to if no one's interested, it'll take a lot longer than I'd like.

My goal with this project is a small (not more than a couple of hours) visual novel/point-and-click adventure. The gameplay will switch between the two, with visual novel segments separating the point-and-click levels. It will be designed for Android, but I'll make a PC release as well so I(hopefully we) can post it here on the forums. This will be a non-commercial game, and as the budget is non-existent I wouldn't be able to compensate you. I'll be making the game in Unity, but am fine with working with renpy files if that's how you like to write.

To talk a bit more about the project, I can't really be specific about the story because there isn't one yet. I'm wanting more of a partner than non-commercial freelancer, so I want to work on the ideas together. The story will need to work well with the point-and-click portions, so I'm thinking the genre will probably be mystery/detective, horror, or adventure. The VN sections won't be kinetic, there will be at least one or two choices per VN segment, and probably 2 ~ 4 endings. As far as my coding/scripting capabilities go, I've got all the basics of PnC down (controllable character, inventory, combining, NPCs), but I've not yet figured out full-on puzzles. Due to size limitation the art will be fairly simple for the PnC portions, either cartoony, chibi, or pixelated. The VN portions, however, will have traditional sprites.

My long-term goal is to release mobile VNs commercially. I'm open to this project being a one-time partnership, or to working on future, commercial games together.

Here's a sample of my art, which the VN sprites will be similar to:

Last edited by Jate on Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

kadell
Projects: Project: Letter

Re: Looking for Writer for Small Non-Commercial Mobile Game

#2 Post by kadell »

I'm interested in writing for this project. I current have enough room to add another project onto my schedule.
Currently, the only real examples I have of my work are on Fanfiction.net, but if you need me write and send you an original example, I can do that too.
Here are the stories I've written on fanfiction.net.

Jate
Regular
Deviantart: Jate8D

Re: Looking for Writer for Non-Commercial Mobile Game [CLOSE

#3 Post by Jate »

The position has been filled, but thanks for your interest, kadell!